Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Motley Crue vs. Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motley Crue vs. Nine Inch Nails  (Read 8132 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »

Tool are incredible, but u either "get" them or u dont. its take time to fully understand and appreciate them....took me forever to get into them too but once i did i can say it was definitely worth the effort.

I am one of those that don't *get* TOOL and I own all four albums. I'll give them credit for their vision and Innovision, musicianship, etc., but I could never really get into them at all.

Sometime I'll have to go over their catalogue again with an open mind and see if there is something I've been missing.

What's funny is people tend to lump NIN and TOOL together the same way people group the Stones and the Beatles together. And I love NIN but don't dig TOOL.

Tool are not emo or industrial.

Richard Nixon is perhaps the furthest thing from a Tool fan, but I'm sure even he would agree on that one

I'm Hillary now!

Maybe you could argue there are some industrial elements to their sound, even if they aren't really industrial. An no, not Emo at all.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2007, 05:51:48 PM »

i like all these bands-

Motley Crue - as long as you dont judge this band on how they dressed- they sing good tunes about drugs, chicks, .. i like em for the same reason i like guns n roses.

Nine Inch Nails - they're good if your really pissed off, or really sad,  also the music is more interesting to listen too.  you cant compare these bands.. one of em is not even a band- its one person. 

Tool-  i guess i dont "get" tool either, i can only explain the meaning of maybe 3 songs- and dont ask me what the hell is going on the videos-  but otherwise i still dig em, but i like tool for the same reasons i like pink floyd - the music is awesome when your high!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »

Wow, this is now a Triple Threat.

Between 3 bands with very little common I might add.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 06:11:39 PM »

Wow, this is now a Triple Threat.

Between 3 bands with very little common I might add.

ha,  exactly -change the name of the thread to Motley Crue vs. Nine Inch Nails vs. Tool.   

lets compare these guys to Elvis too.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 07:39:28 PM »

motley crue wins for me.

the musics fun and it gets me pumpin ,thats what i want, and they look cool for the bonus

html sucks
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 08:28:03 PM »

anyway, i don't even know why i'm defending the crue, i'm not even a big fan hihi

i'm glad you did, made for an interesting read.

you made some great arguements, and just to clear the technique/composition up.

composition would be how you structure songs, technique is the way in which you'd play an instrument.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »

What's funny is people tend to lump NIN and TOOL together the same way people group the Stones and the Beatles together. And I love NIN but don't dig TOOL.

I think it's honestly just because of the failed Tapeworm side project between Trent and Maynard years ago that people blindly assume "well, if they're trying to make a collaboration together, TOOL and NIN must sound similar," when in fact that's just not the case Undecided

Sometime I'll have to go over their catalogue again with an open mind and see if there is something I've been missing.

Don't worry Hillary; it took me years and years to get into Tool myself Wink

But one day I found a copy of Lateralus on sale, so I bought it, and the rest they say is history ok

If you have a 5.1 sound system, your already at an advantage since that's what the album was mastered in, but either way, as soon as you press play on that album Hill', you'll know your in for one helluva' ride beer

If Lateralus eventually grows on you, Id check out their new album 1O,OOO Days since it's also a bit more accessible than ?nima, or Undertow.

Best of luck Hillary.

beer

PS: If you approach Tool, as you said "with an open mind," I really don't think you can go wrong.

The one thing your sure to notice right away is "holy shit, their drummer, as GnFnR87 would say, is disgustingly good!" hihi
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:24:23 AM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2007, 02:42:23 AM »

anyway, i don't even know why i'm defending the crue, i'm not even a big fan hihi

i'm glad you did, made for an interesting read.

you made some great arguements, and just to clear the technique/composition up.

composition would be how you structure songs, technique is the way in which you'd play an instrument.
thanks for clearing that up. i think i need to look for that english dictionary and read some more hihi

robw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34:59 AM »

NIN DEFINATLEY.......still kinda take em or leave em dependingon the song but i just can't stand Vince Neils voice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: