Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This is the end
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the end  (Read 21702 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 07:04:17 AM »

this is the end at least for me

AXL ROSE FUCK YOU!!!

Grow up for fuck sake.  If you think its the end then all of you piss off lol simple as.  No ones going to notice.  

Those of us who have been fans since the old era know it's always been this mad.  From magazines and radio stations announcing (on different occasions)  Slash and Axl's deaths (remember those!?) to riots, to cancellations.  zillions of rumours and lies.

Difference is we have the net which allows people to build up expectation and analyse everything untill it's not news anymore.

Don't get me wrong it is dissapointing.  But there's no need to get so dramatic and attack.  It's just a musician who decides what he wants to do and what he doesn't.  

It would have just been a good thing for him to get out and play. It's not over untill he says so and i think he has too much imagination to just not release the ideas he has.  So we shall see.    

Alot of us were saying don't expect anything untill you hear it officially.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
DontDamnMe2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 07:19:44 AM »

its obvious that BH leaving has put GNR in the shit.

They are 1 gituar player down, how can they play?

Axl's priority must be to find a new guitarist.

I thought he could not replace Slash, I was wrong. Now I think he can not replace BH, but I have faith that again he will prove me wrong.

Axl has a shit load of material that he wants the world to hear, he just needs a band that can stay together long enough for him to deliver it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 07:21:05 AM by DontDamnMe2 » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 07:33:37 AM »

GN'R r in the shit all right and who knows if they'll make it out the tunnel

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 07:48:19 AM »

Axl has a choice...but how he chooses is between him and God and NO ONE else...right now, apparently, he has chosen to be "offended" by Buckethead's decision...kind of a "knee jerk" reaction but that's nothing new for Axl...give 'em a couple of days to sleep on it...if GNR is still really a passion for him, he'll see the light ok If not...well, it was great while it lasted ok
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2004, 07:58:07 AM »

I thought he could not replace Slash, I was wrong. Now I think he can not replace BH, but I have faith that again he will prove me wrong.

But it will be much harder to replace Buckethead than Slash. At least skill wise.
Robin could never replace BH...

Axl needed a few years to find a replace for Slash...I hope he's faster this time...

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
oldirtymike420
Headliner

Your just a double talkin jive mother fucker!!

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2004, 08:01:50 AM »

i agree...its over... Cry
Sephiroth Yuppie
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2004, 08:05:10 AM »

...It's over,or at least  this era of GNR has come to a end.
This was such a wild ride...on 1/13/2001 I think all of us were filled with hope,and i sincerley belive Axl,Buckethead,Robin,Paul,Richard,Tommy,Chris,Brain,and Dizzy were filled with hope too.

But things just went downhill from there,and despite obvious warning signs,Axl and the fans held onto hope through it all though,and that might even be greater than if Chinese Democracy was actualy released.

Sometimes the real fun of a trip isnt the destination,but what you do on the way.

You know I have a feeling Axl knew a long time ago that this was doomed to fail,and he just wanted to have fun while it lasted.
Sorta like the old GNR,,it didn't last forever,but would you rather GNR never exsisted?

We have 8 albums and endless numbers of concerts that have been recorded and shall be with us for the rest of our lives.

This was a hell of ride and even though the end redult was painful and heartbreaking,I wouldn't trade it for nothing!

And Mr.Rose if you read this,I hope that you have a wonderful life,and I sincerley hope this isnt the last we see of you,cause you still have lots to offer this world.
Maybe in time you could form another band,or work things out with the old members.
I wish you the best. peace

And to everyone else,no matter what happends in the future,at least in my heart you'll always be abel to hear it chanting...

GUNS N' ROSES!
GUNS N' ROSES!!
GUNS N' ROSES!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2004, 08:18:36 AM »

Thats it ... several years of waiting just found an end.

I just wanted to check for news ... and news I got ...

That's it. For Weeks I took this event as a border ... to wait no longer. It's reached, I'm gone.

crying

Restraint is for suckers.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2004, 09:37:19 AM »

An end? Yup.

THE end?  I've learned never to be that definitive when it comes to GnR.  I'm not saying it's not possible, but, in all honesty, I won't be sure that GnR is "over" til they're carrying Axl in a casket.

It sure does explain Dizzy's "It's not Axl delaying the album" comments, now don't it?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2004, 10:12:24 AM »

I don't know how many times I've seen "the end of GN'R".

Steven was fired, Izzy left, Gilby gone, Slash, Duff, Matt, Josh, the 2001 and 2002 tours, Buckethead etc....

To me it's a chapter in the band's history that's ending. Until Axl says "this is it", it's not gonna end.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 10:22:56 AM »

Gotta go with Jarmo on this one.  While this is an extremely long and complicated chapter, it's not altogether unfamiliar.
When Adler was fired, I was pretty depressed...after all what would this do to the Illusion albums?  Later that day, it occurred to me that maybe this would be the opportunity to "clear out the deadwood"' so to speak, and the UYI twins came out within a year, as I recall.
While Bucket is not really deadwood, if his personality makes it difficult for him to commit, then the band may be better able to move forward without him.  Is this an overly optimistic appraisal of the situation? Perhaps, but nobody outside of the Guns camp and Bucket knows for sure at this juncture.

One last upbeat note...Axl stated in his letter that Bucket's contributions were appreciated.  I think that, based on that, he may not be looking to rerecord the guitar parts.  Most likely, again in my opinion, Bucket will be thanked in the liner notes as a guest.

I read in another thread that maybe " no one is an asshole" in this situation.  That may be the case.  It is probable that things just didn't work out.
It's Evolution baby!!!
Evolution is a mystery....
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 10:23:01 AM »

GNR died a really long time ago.  The NEW GNR is a circus.  Axl should take some blame for hiring a nut like Buckethead.  And he says they'll have a release date in couple months?  Gee, I'll be holding my fucking breathe until that day!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
AC
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 10:50:05 AM »

Like Jim Morrisson singing this song as a "good bye" to The doors and to the music, the Rio cancellation seems to be the "this is the end" for Axl to Guns n' Roses and to the music.

thank you Axl for all you gave us with Guns n' Roses, thank you for November Rain, a real piece of art, thank you for all.
good bye man,
take care.

Maybe it's the end for you (goodbye!). Don't speak for the rest of us though. I'm looking forward to the future of Guns N' Roses.

AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
AC
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 10:54:15 AM »

Everyone here relax. We've received an official press release from Axl / Sanctuary. Inspite of the events, this is GOOD news. It's good to see that we are receiving this information well ahead of the planned show rather than a last minute cancellation.

Hold on to your "horses" we're in for a really big ride in 2004.

Continue to support your cause, and don't ever give up hope. These guys are going to kick your ass this year!

AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
speed_stone
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 11:09:31 AM »

hahahah this is so ridicilous.
ONE setback and you all cry your eyes out. EVERY time!
"i won't buy CD" "fuck you axl rose!!!!" "this is the day guns n' roses died" "i hate you axl rose!!!! you ruined my life" "what am i supposed to do with my life NOW??" and so on. plain ridicilous.

to quote the guy you all love to hate: "all we need is just a little patience". AIIGHT?! just chill for a minute. w. axl rose and guns n' roses will be back before you know it, ruling the charts and topping the world once again with great new music and great live shows. with or without buckethead. it's not like his departure has ruined everything for this band, it was just another setback. no one can predict these things, so stop blaming axl.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 11:17:09 AM by MC_Stone » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 11:14:55 AM »

The end? U insane?

U actually thought GNR would ever show?Huh? Roll Eyes

Anyway we had a message from Axl himself saying a release date is likely (hmm) within the next few months, sod RIR, CD is on its way!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 11:21:28 AM »

Axl is a man of very few words and it seems like he doesn't talk if it's to say nothing.

So, i think we should trust him, give him the benefit of the doubt, because in the end, we don't know what happened, how it happened, who decided what and when.

Axl is just the person who forwarded an official message to the press and the fans.

I feel gutted that he gets slaughtered for it.

The band probably worked hard on this album and logic says they haven't worked to forget about it just because some career orientated guitarist decids to quit.

Nothing to say
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 11:54:06 AM »

I don't know how many times I've seen "the end of GN'R".

Steven was fired, Izzy left, Gilby gone, Slash, Duff, Matt, Josh, the 2001 and 2002 tours, Buckethead etc....

To me it's a chapter in the band's history that's ending. Until Axl says "this is it", it's not gonna end.

/jarmo
er jarmo...did u notice that since those guys left we havent really had any new material....cept 4 songs!

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2004, 12:05:43 PM »

er jarmo...did u notice that since those guys left we havent really had any new material....cept 4 songs!

So? It's still a chapter in my opinion.

I hope some day we can read the official biography about all this.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2004, 12:10:31 PM »

So? It's still a chapter in my opinion.

I hope some day we can read the official biography about all this.  hihi

/jarmo
thats gonna be one long ass book rofl

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: