Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How about this scenerio?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about this scenerio?  (Read 3078 times)
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« on: March 30, 2004, 10:32:46 PM »

If GNR decide they don't want to get another lead guitarist or don't want a major overhaul right now, couldn't they have Fortus move to the 2nd lead and bring back Paul Tobais for the short term?  I'm assuming Tobais should know most if not all of the new songs and Fortus would be a decent lead guitarist, although not nearly BH's caliber.  I think that they could finish the album and tour with that lineup for the short-term until they find a true lead guitarist.

Skol Vikings
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 10:50:47 PM »

Its not about who will replace him or his parts. Everyone is missing th epoint. Bucket is not just another guitarist in the sense of the gnr plan. He was a pivotal member and his image and presence was going to help draw attention to this band. Plus he completed the new gnr image. Its not just about playing his parts or re recording his spots.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:51:55 AM »

Well if Buckethead was such an "pivotal point to this master plan" that you keep alluding to, why would Axl let this "erratic behavior" go on for a year without doing anything about it?  I doesn't seem like common sense that if you're Axl Rose and this GNR thing is still near and dear to your heart and you have this pivotal player who is in and out of your "precious" for a year...I just don't understand why you wouldn't have acted more proactively and positively and sat down with "mr. pivotal" and had a man to man with him...instead of releasing a 4 paragraph press release with 3 paragraphs basically blaming Buckethead "for the fall of mankind" so to speak? I just don't understand it...I'm not judging it but I don't get it at all.  
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:14:46 AM »

Well if Buckethead was such an "pivotal point to this master plan" that you keep alluding to, why would Axl let this "erratic behavior" go on for a year without doing anything about it?  I doesn't seem like common sense that if you're Axl Rose and this GNR thing is still near and dear to your heart and you have this pivotal player who is in and out of your "precious" for a year...I just don't understand why you wouldn't have acted more proactively and positively and sat down with "mr. pivotal" and had a man to man with him...instead of releasing a 4 paragraph press release with 3 paragraphs basically blaming Buckethead "for the fall of mankind" so to speak? I just don't understand it...I'm not judging it but I don't get it at all.  

Its pretty easy to see that Axl was infatuated with Buckethead. So much so that he even takes some of the blame for putting GnR in its current position. This relationships was kind of like when you are dating a girl and you are tottaly in love, sometimes you put up with abuse or her leaving you then coming back. It looks like Buckethead and Axl had that type of a relationship. Thats just my opinion.
kockstar99
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 09:17:47 AM »

Its not about who will replace him or his parts.
yes it is...  what do you think its about...he has to be replaced or not replaced...

Everyone is missing th epoint.
what point is that?

Bucket is not just another guitarist in the sense of the gnr plan.
what is he then? another keyboard player? a merch selling gimmik?

He was a pivotal member and his image and presence was going to help draw attention to this band.
he drew some attention allright.. hardly a pivotal member since nobody knows what his contributions to the new songs are

Plus he completed the new gnr image.
what image was that? did they even have an "immage"

Its not just about playing his parts or re recording his spots.
sorry to say to have to be the one to tell you, but yes it is..

what parts did he play?? Slashes??  

yes im sorry but his spots will be re recorded.. why would you want to hear him on the album when hes not a part of the band anymore???

hes gone...he was a paycheck and nothing more...you give him too much credit for nothing... he played slashes parts, better than slash did i might add.. hes also the official reason given for the 2001 and 2004 show cancellations.... bye bye bucket... sorry you wont be missed....
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 10:21:26 AM »

I think Finck should do the leads  Smiley
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 12:32:22 PM »

"Its pretty easy to see that Axl was infatuated with Buckethead. So much so that he even takes some of the blame for putting GnR in its current position. This relationships was kind of like when you are dating a girl and you are tottaly in love, sometimes you put up with abuse or her leaving you then coming back. It looks like Buckethead and Axl had that type of a relationship. Thats just my opinion. "

That's cool, and I would agree with that if we were talking about a 17-early 20something person, but we are talking about 42 year old man...your senario is for high school and college kids...not someone going through this for the second time. Ignoring a situatuion doesn't make it go away...that's what you learn as you get older... Grin and the other thing is, you tell people how to treat you...so there you go...
In any event, Good Luck Axl! You're never too old to learn.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 01:06:35 PM »

I think Paul coming back is likely. I always thought he was cool.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: