Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  We get a statment by axl and still some are still not happy, why is that?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: We get a statment by axl and still some are still not happy, why is that?  (Read 8902 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 12:53:24 PM »

Dave, what exactly do you want the fans to be happy with? I do give Axl credit for handling this in a professional manner by issuing a statement and apology, but that's not enough to erase all the negativity. This is just another negative in a long line of negativity that has been going on for years. What is there to be positive about?  Another member leaving? Another cancelled gig? I guess one could be happy with the positive comments Axl made, but considering the fact that he never comes through for us it's hard to take them serious at this point.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 01:07:33 PM »

Thank you for approaching this in a rational and objective manner, GunnerGirl...A lot of folks here are preaching unyielding optimism (which is cool, so long as it gets you through), but they use their intelligence to hypothesize about things as though theyare isolated incidents....It's indicative of a larger concern....been over this before, not ranting again, but great point.. beer
Chinese_esenihC
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 01:09:45 PM »

The press statement is a double-edged sword to long suffering GnR fans.

It's too bad that BH had to leave the fold and the circumstances that surrounded it are so messy.  I was really looking forward to them releasing new stuff at RIR.

But as a Axl fan, I think there was definitely a glimmer of hope in the release.  'A few months' is nothing spectacular to any other performer...but to Axl that is a big bone for fans to chew on.  Helped by the fact that he sounded upbeat in regards to what will happen in 'A few months'.
Death Cube K
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 01:16:23 PM »

If people wanna be happy and optimistic, then let them be. Im pretty sure it's a whole lot nicer going around thinking Chinese Democracy will be out this year than poundering your mind with another "why did Axl fuck it up yet another time?".

People have all the rights in the world to be upset. They've been buying tickets, spending a lot of money on this, and yet again, they are turned down by their fave band coz fuck ups. BUT (see below)

The fuck ups never seem to end, Axl's fault or not.

He once said:

"Like, everything tends to go wrong in my world".

If you wanna be a GNR fan, then expect shit like this. If you're a fan because you want to feel happy and see good things happen, you should have left already.

I didnt expect Rock in Rio to be cancelled, but I wasnt shocked when he announced it. And then of course morons come here and bash the shit out of this band for whatever reasons. They should know by now that these things happen with GNR. It's the #1 rule concerning GNR. I never even thought about spending my money on this band, going to Lisbon and all of that. Not once. So, yet again and I usually say this everytime something happens. If you dont feel comfy with being let down all the time, then fucking leave. If you think it's okay and dont really give a shit and are just in here for the ride and the entertainment that might come out of it, then stay.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 01:17:32 PM »

He also sounded upbeat in Spin '99, Rolling Stone 2000, Leeds 2002, at Rio 3, on the radio interview in 2002, and at MSG...I don't see what all this excitement is about...How can people still put so much faith in this guys words when he hasn't backed up a single thing with any action?  He did a last minute VMA spot, and a mini-tour.... drool
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 01:56:38 PM »

What does axl mean when he said "this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. "?

I think he means that their original plans were to wrap it up and release it around rio but now that bucket has left that plan has been erased becasue now they have to find a replacement and figure out what to do with buckets parts.

Ha, ha Dumb & Dumber have spoken.

Ya know, EVERY time I  think the collective IQ on this board can't possibly get any lower, one of these two posts some Axl-defending BS & I'm proven wrong.  Again
And why is that buddy?

How can people still put so much faith in this guys words when he hasn't backed up a single thing with any action?  
I still dont understand how people who do not have that faith in this band continue to roam gnr message boards. Its not my fault or gnrs fault that many people like yourself have allowed themselves to be sucked in by the daily rumors over the years. Its not their fault you have decided to indulge yourself in discussin gnr on a daily basis for the past "x" amount of years on the internet.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:59:50 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 02:26:37 PM »

Younggunner, I love your posts, but on this one I believe you've missed my point....No, its not YOUR fault that I still come here....I come here because I have a place in my soul for GNR's music, both past AND present, and I truely believe that Axl has all the potential in the world to create a modern rock masterpiece...It is not your fault...I am a lifelong fan, but what I am not is a religious man....Faith is admirable, but it is also something that is unfounded...ALL I was trying to say is that it is not the first, second, or even third time that Axl has alluded to "wrapping CD up."  Give me one reason to dangle from his every word?  I'm not an Axl basher for the sake of being one, I'm just responding to events as they unfold and conveying my perceptions.  Being constantly optimistic without being given reason to should not be a prerequisite for visiting a message board...it is a place of admiration and a show of respect, not a house of worship.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 02:27:50 PM by oneway23 » Logged
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 02:36:21 PM »

I'm happy because Axl said that they will announce release date in few months...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
kockstar99
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 02:45:36 PM »

I'm happy because Axl said that they will announce release date in few months...

me too.. and you know what? I really truly belive him... I also am hopefull he will have a single on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2004, 02:45:49 PM »

I think it?s because he thanked only those who supported newgnr not who bashed. Wink
I really appreciate this great statment.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: