Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:19:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckehead was a heart of newgnr
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckehead was a heart of newgnr  (Read 7138 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: March 31, 2004, 08:54:25 AM »

i'm big fan of old band,and slash!
slash was my teen idol!
but when i listened buckethead solo on madagascar,and  some old songs(nighttrain,wttj...),i saw that bucket gave some other dimension in gnr and axl's music.Noone can't do his solo in madagascar,which gave this song something so hard,and amazing.
for me this guy is little genious and was the heart of new band

for me only posible thing is reunion of old band
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 09:05:05 AM »

W. Axl Rose is the heart of the band....

Brian Carroll is a guitar player...
He can and will be replaced....
He is a paycheck, a contract, and hardly the heart of the band...
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 09:08:04 AM »

Axl AND BH were the newGNR for me. now the first one accused the second one of being an asshole. of course cn Brian Caroll be replaced but is this really what GNR needs?
again a very good band has parted....
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:10:25 AM »

The real heart of the new gnr is axl, dizzy, robin and tommy since they have been there since day one of axls rebuilt Gnr.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 09:17:28 AM »

Buckethead was a huge loss.... but then again so was Izzy, Slash, and Duff.
Crowebar
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »

BucketHead's a fucking idiot and he always will be. yes ok rant beer
speed_stone
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:51:58 AM »

The real heart of the new gnr is axl, dizzy, robin and tommy since they have been there since day one of axls rebuilt Gnr.

i agree with that, even though buckethead's departure was sad.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 09:54:19 AM »

I don't think you can really know if he WAS a major contributor until we find out if he was responsible for writing new material and/or really dictating the new sound in the studio. There's about 2 dozen threads on BH now, and they all go around the same circle.
It seems that those who have a picture of BH as their avatar defend him, and everyone else disses him.
My opinion is the same as many. He was a hired gun. Not a vital factor to the band in my eyes, but I wish him the best.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 10:03:04 AM »

don't get me started

Robin  love love love   ahhh drool
Tommy  love love love  drool

like i've said before the BH fiasco is all kinds of fucked up...
but if it were Robin or Tommy at this point I'd still be   crying  crying  crying

Robin!!!!!!    wooo hooo!  can't wait to see him live again
Tommy!!!!   fuck yeah.  

and Fortus is just  drool on the guitar
I'm thinking he is going to do a lot more in GN'R now that BH is out.
Looking forward to that..

Give 'em hell GN'R!
 beer
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 10:13:20 AM »

Buckethead a heart of new GNR? U must be kiddin' Cheesy he plays with no emotions - like robot!!!  Sad At least Robin, Tommy and Fortus fit in GNR...
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 11:34:32 AM »

Noone can't do his solo in madagascar

hihi you said it...

noone can play the solos like BH, cuz he has his own style, but robin or richard can come up with something cool to it, im sure  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 11:56:08 AM »

well said.

hmm..buckethead was heart of new GNR..I don't see it that way. I think that "Heart" consist of loyalty,

putting the best that one got and respect. I can't see that Buckethead had any of these. I really think

that Buckethead should give his own view about this mess, otherwise he is going to be even more

defendant than he is now. But I guess, the hiding man knows what he is doing or he is just unarmed with

this thing, and if so, that should give all the answers to the questions that have been wondering us.
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 12:02:08 PM »

Bucket, the heart of GNR?!! WTF ...

The guy just used GNR, became more famous, and now he can release his solo stuff with greater chances of success... and after that u keep sucking his balls, oh my god

For me now bucket just don?t exist anymore, fuckin bastart... he is not the heart of gnr, he is a DESEASE !!

Peace
Smiley

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 12:13:10 PM »

None of these guys are the heart of Guns N' Roses. They are all hired musicians, who can all be replaced. The problem is the hired musicians are incapable of filling the previous lineups shoes (granted the are all great musicians). If this past weeks events have shown anyhing, it is that there is a love for the old Guns N' Roses...........the album sales of GH do not point to a love of Axl or of the future of the new band..........it points to how significant the old band was. In the long run I will support anything Axl does (barring murder or child rape) but the only way I see the name Guns N' Roses returning to the top of Rock is to get the 'Other" heart of Guns N Roses back.....unfortunately they currently play under the name Velvet Revolver.
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 01:37:41 PM »

Randy Rhoads was the heart of Ozzy's solo career, but Ozzy was forced to move on...  Brad Gillis, Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde, etc., they are all good guitarists who learned the earlier material.  But they have their own sound, as well.

Axl will find another guitarist.  He will have his own style, but will still be able to learn the solo to Nightrain, like thousands of teenage guitarists did when the tablature came out. Buckethead is replaceable, so let that bandwagon move on.

On a side note, although I'm not a big fan, Limp Bizkit had their album in the can when Fred found a new guitarist, wrote all new material, and pumped out the album in a year.  And, I guess from what my friend told me, he put out songs with the previous guitarist (not Wes) as b-sides to the singles. Wonder if Axl could do that!  drool
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 02:26:55 PM »

W. Axl Rose is the heart of the band....

Brian Carroll is a guitar player...
He can and will be replaced....
He is a paycheck, a contract, and hardly the heart of the band...

I totally agree with what you said, he is not the heart of the band, not even a sliver of it.  
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 02:48:08 PM »

None of these guys are the heart of Guns N' Roses. They are all hired musicians, who can all be replaced. The problem is the hired musicians are incapable of filling the previous lineups shoes (granted the are all great musicians). If this past weeks events have shown anyhing, it is that there is a love for the old Guns N' Roses...........the album sales of GH do not point to a love of Axl or of the future of the new band..........it points to how significant the old band was. In the long run I will support anything Axl does (barring murder or child rape) but the only way I see the name Guns N' Roses returning to the top of Rock is to get the 'Other" heart of Guns N Roses back.....unfortunately they currently play under the name Velvet Revolver.

Great post.

I know that Axl can do this with out the old members, but he should let the name (GN'R) go, it would be right thing to do. That's the only truth...but meanwhile I love too much of the name GN'R that I will want to see it in the bright lights again..I don't know.....I wish the things would be just like they were back in the golden times.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 03:18:21 PM »

GNR existed before Bhead..they will exist without him....as long as Finck isn't on lead...... nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 03:31:41 PM »

Nah. GNR stock hasn't gone up or down, left or right. It's the same as it was 12 years ago: Axl's project.

I've seen enough.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 03:46:45 PM »

I don't know if Buckethead was the heart, but I'm 200% sure that Brian Mantia is the Brain.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: