Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Favorite Quotes from Press Release
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Quotes from Press Release  (Read 10010 times)
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: March 31, 2004, 12:07:24 PM »

My nominations:

1.) Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further.
Comment: God forbid you might give some details.

2. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence.
Comment: Just substitute "Axl Rose" where you read "Buckethead".
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 12:14:08 PM »

What the fuck is this shit??

Ohhhh I get it.. your trying to make another "BASH AXL" thread huh??

If you dont like the press release dont fucking read it, what possible good could come from what you just posted??

Like your so fucking smart and know whats going on with the band and can try to find something wrong with the press release.... Brian Carroll is fucking gone.. get over it... who cares.. he didnt do shit except play slashs parts anyways.. anyone can do that...

(God forbid he give you any information) Is that sarcasim?? or your lame attempt at being funny?? coz if you think that making fun or tearing apart Axl Rose is cool to do on a Guns n Roses board your dumber than i think....
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 12:19:42 PM »

" Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought
a bootleg DVD off EBay
and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed
he was with everyone's performance"

Now thats a cool ass FUNNY MOTHERFUCKING quote!  ok

« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:20:38 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 12:20:32 PM »

Calm Down kockstar, geez...lay off the double expresso... Grin
You gotta admit his description of Buckethead was the pot calling the kettle black...there's no bashing intended, ... It is ironic:hihi:
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 12:22:17 PM »

Lighten up dude!

I'm as big a fan as anyone. I flew to Vegas and Leeds from the East Coast to see the new band. I saw GNR in Boston in 2002. I saw Tommy Stinson at the Middle East in Boston last fall. Yes, I want Chinese Democracy to come out. Yes, I actually think the new band is great.

It doesn't mean that Axl or any of the members are beyond reproach.

You can't possibly think that press release is well written or thought out.  Like it or not, Axl is bordering on parody at this point.

Why is everyone so angry and defensive . . .
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 12:22:18 PM »

Favourite quote?

?Nice guy!"

hihi

Damn, this guy can be so poetic, I mean his lyrics and all. But when it comes to business, he?s as cold and to the point as a lawer, while being as vague and tight lipped as a mafia don at the same time.

Fucking priceless, I love that shit!

Go Axl!!!!  ok

oh yeah that was a good one...
right up there with "Damn skippy!"  Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 12:28:26 PM »

its cool when axl mentions gnr support group{us}

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 12:36:23 PM »

Do any of you think this press realese will be posted on GNRonline any time soon?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 12:37:18 PM »

Yes, I actually think the new band is great.

beer

You can't possibly think that press release is well written or thought out.

It was actually well written.  He got right to the point.  Then elaborated on it.  Then summed up the current situation rather nicely.  He even put a little teaser in there.  He's got my interest...
and oh the interest of THOUSANDS more....    Interestingly enough you gotta include yourself...  you who flew all around the world to see the new line-up... are you saying you wouldn't do it again?

Why is everyone so angry and defensive . . .

When you were at those shows...  how would you have liked it that while you were rockin' out some asshole was yelling out "you guys suck! axl sucks!" every five minutes.  You would have wanted to knock the son of a bitch on his ass, no?  

Same thing.  It is annoying when you are trying to enjoy something and someone who has no appreciation for it wants to shit all over it.  

Anyone coming even close to crossing that line can expect to be called on it.
kujo722
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 12:39:53 PM »

If you dont like the press release dont fucking read it, what possible good could come from what you just posted??

How is someone supposed to know if they like the press release or not without reading it first?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 12:40:53 PM by kujo722 » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 12:52:30 PM »

When you were at those shows...  how would you have liked it that while you were rockin' out some asshole was yelling out "you guys suck! axl sucks!" every five minutes.  You would have wanted to knock the son of a bitch on his ass, no?  

Same thing.  It is annoying when you are trying to enjoy something and someone who has no appreciation for it wants to shit all over it.  

Anyone coming even close to crossing that line can expect to be called on it.

Acctually there were plenty of people screaming exactly that at the Boston show, but I ignored them and went on with my life. Look.....this is a Guns N' Roses forum....not an Axl Forum.....why squash someones opinion just because you don't like what they are saying??
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 01:25:16 PM »

hey no one is squashing anything

and as far as this being a Guns N' Roses forum...  uh, Axl is the front man for Guns N' Roses so where is it wrong to talk about him here....  Yes, defend him even?  And we wouldn't have to be saying so much about him if there wasn't someone trying to tear him down every in every thread.  What you said doesn't REALLY make sense.

the same way that anyone can post that they think Axl is an asshole...
the same way myself or anyone else can post that they appreciate Axl's statements and that they are looking forward to the release of new music and llive shows

I recognzie that there are both types of persons on this forum

Even Axl said "Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve..."
He knows there are negative opinions of him
but MORE importantly he knows there are many that support him.

So to get back on topic... I think that was a very interesting quote from the statement

Edited to add:  and oh about the annoying assholes at the concert.. I was using it as an example to help the poster understand... he DID ask "why the anger"...  
well thats the truth - like it or not - you ignore all you like - but if myself or someone else responds then thats OUR perogative...  Frankly, if i was at the show and some asshole was being annoying I would say something as well.    Not if they yelled the shit out once or here and there... but like i said every five minutes...  c'mon that wouldn't piss you off?  Well then you must have taken lessons from Ghandi himself!  hehehe
 peace
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:30:27 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 01:35:29 PM »

Eva -

This is my last comment on this topic. <<insert Jarmo comment here>>

There is a difference between yelling "Axl Sucks" and logically critiquing Axl in writing. Can you not learn something about Axl from what he writes?

For example: the ebay comment: isn't it strange to think a member of the band had to go to e-bay to get a recording of the concert? How out of touch can you be.

For example: the "buckethead is erratic" comment. If this was well thought out, he might have reflected on this and thought "hey, this is what the press thinks about me, maybe this sounds a little ironic". Just read the mtv.com response.

For example: Buckethead is undercontract. Yes, and GNR is undercontract to perform at Rio. Why is his failure to live up to his Rio obligations okay, but not for Buckethead?

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 01:56:48 PM »

I hear where monkey boy is coming from.

As a fan, how can you not laugh at what is going on. This is the response from Axl we were waiting for, but along with it, as fans we are going to comb through it.

Shit Monkeys points are valid. Everything people dissed Axl about, Axl has said about Buckethead. That's as funny as it is "business as usual".

The place GNR fans are in have been fucked up for a long time, and I think we all need to lighten up about it.

Oh, the quote about Buckethead buying a gnr bootleg DVD off Ebay would be my pick too.

You know, Axl has to see how ridiculous this all is. He is a smart guy. I think we can all agree that everything about GNR these days are ridiculous.

Wait I change my favorite quote. I like the one where Axl says he hopes to announce the release date in the next few months (he should have used the word "soon" for that would have been comedy gold). That is rich. If Axl is this bitter about Buckethead, then Bucketheads parts will be removed from the album.

And time keeps on ticking...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
speed_stone
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 02:13:29 PM »

What the fuck is this shit??

Ohhhh I get it.. your trying to make another "BASH AXL" thread huh??

Like your so fucking smart and know whats going on with the band and can try to find something wrong with the press release.... Brian Carroll is fucking gone.. get over it... who cares.. he didnt do shit except play slashs parts anyways.. anyone can do that...

(God forbid he give you any information) Is that sarcasim?? or your lame attempt at being funny?? coz if you think that making fun or tearing apart Axl Rose is cool to do on a Guns n Roses board your dumber than i think....

why don't you calm down.
i thought you were going to kill yourself over this buckethead shit.
and your ramblings about whether or not guns n' roses had a guitarist were just plain scary. nervous   chill out, man. it's not over 'till the fat lady sings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 02:15:33 PM by MC_Stone » Logged
Buritoking
I Voted for a Third Party Candidate
Rocker

- It's Good To Be The King -

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 02:22:08 PM »

(God forbid he give you any information) Is that sarcasim?? or your lame attempt at being funny??

Sarcasim, is a forum of humour. So when someone's uses sarcasim, they are useally trying to be funny.

Anyway, this press release was garbage, and just another delay, and another time frame given in which there will be no new cd. It truly is aweful. Axl's been sitting on the can for 6 years now, and still hasn't shit.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 02:24:16 PM »

its cool when axl mentions gnr support group{us}
I agree.
And my faves are
" to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns  release to immediately promote his individual efforts"
"We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve"
"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly  (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to  take our recording that one extra step further"
Especially, this part (without giving away any details)

It?s too interesting how individuals see same thing, same phrase and same word totally different.
Dizzy
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 05:53:33 PM »

My nominations:

2. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence.

Comment: Just substitute "Axl Rose" where you read "Buckethead".

I agree 100% with your comment.  Axl Rose, of all people, calling anybody erratic and unreliable is laughable.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 06:04:53 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »

You can't possibly think that press release is well written or thought out.  Like it or not, Axl is bordering on parody at this point.

The sad thing is, everybody is in on the joke, except Axl.  He really doesn't see it.  Actually, the press release is well written, his intelligence is not the issue, it's his delusions.  Axl turns on everybody he works closely with eventually.  He's a textbook case of Borderline Personality Disorder, nothing is ever his fault, people are seen with an extreme view (good or bad), he's fiercely loyal until he feels threatened and then he's....well not anymore.  

He's not dishonest, he really just doesn't understand.  When Axl speaks it's always entertaining, and he's got denial down to an art form, I couldn't really pick one thing in the press release.  
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 06:52:39 PM »

This is not well-written.  Point.

Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!?

Then - is what we call a non sequitor. The "in February" sentence does not logically flow out of the sentence proceeding it. There needs to be some mention between the two sentences of Buckethead's departure.

My fear is that Axl is not getting the proper advice that he needs - let alone proofreading.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: