Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Too funny
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too funny  (Read 7102 times)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: March 31, 2004, 01:11:56 PM »

You Axlpeople are truly pathetic. I got whiplash from seeing how quickly you all turned on Buckethead, who, a month ago, you all defended as if your life depended on it. Now, because BH has released solo records & gigged w/others, now you say it proves he just wasn't dedicated enough to be a loyal Axl doormat(err, employee, hired gun, lackey, whatever). You know, Tommy recorded an album & gigged with others too. When he leaves, will you all turn on him too?(that's a rhetorical question, OF COURSE you will turn on him, too).
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:20:20 PM »

Tommy has not caused the cancellation of shows..

What is the official reason that the 2001 and 2004 shows were cancelled??  Mr Brian Carroll.

What i find funnier is how you axl bashers still come to the sites to post negative things about Axl.  Whats the reason? Do you think any Axl Rose fan has never heard your shit before??

Thats whats funnier...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 01:23:14 PM »

I personally would never turn on Buckethead. I liked him 5 years before he became a member of GnR. I'm hoping he responds to this though, so, we can hear his version of the story.
kockstar99
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 01:25:19 PM »

Oh and btw one fact you missed....

Brian Carroll turned on GnR and GnR fans.. We never turned on him....

We cheered for him on the 2002 tour actually...

Blame Fuckithead for the public backlash hes getting not us....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 01:50:39 PM »

actually i dont think bucket is gettin bashed. If you supported him and now are bashing him now thewn thats being a pussy. Hes a great player and was a pivotal member to this band.

I hope his intentions arent what axl has said. If it is then that just aint right.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
kockstar99
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 02:01:13 PM »

Hes a great player and was a pivotal member to this band.

hes a great player yes... one of the best ive ever heard

hes hardly a pivotal member tho... you give him too much credit.. what has he done?? all he did was play Slash's parts...  who knows what he did in the studio.. guess we will never know..
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 02:10:53 PM »

kockstar, you've continually posted in the last few days about "Buckethead's betrayal", turning his back callously on GNR, and causing the cancellation of not one, but 2 tours...don't you find it the least bit sad that we're discussing this as though it's "Young & the Restless?"   Yes, I get it, GNR is a roller coaster ride, I should learn to accept this, it comes with being a GNR fan, blah blah...Point is, I respect your intelligence enough to think that you'd realize that there are 3 sides to every argument...You've heard one...Now, considering how much integrity Axl's words have, do you believe this letter to be the full truth?
  Now, in response to that, insert joke about BH being mute, talking through a puppet, yadda yadda.  Have you considered that he doesn't respond because he's simply fed up with the whole fiasco?  Would it be great if we got a response?  Sure...does Bhead owe us an explaination?  Maybe, but Axl owes us more than a few, so it goes both ways...Buckethead's manager gave a statement, stated the reason for his departure, and that's that...He'll go back to his pre-GNR cult fanbase, release his albums, do shows, and carry on while Axl wads through control issue after control issue, legal battle after legal battle, member after member....We got one letter, and I commend Axl for shouldering some of the blame on THIS ONE ISSUE, but let's be serious...
You mention a 2004 tour, and I ask, what tour?  We knew of Rio and rumors of a few festival dates.  I love the fact that when we get a negative rumor, the poster is a low-life loser, yet when a rumor contains even the slightest glimmer of hope, we lap it all up like gospel...As far as Bucket "Using" GNR to further his career, I ask, what has Tommy done?  He got a record contract he may or may not have procured otherwise from Sanctuary, made a record, toured with GNR fans coming to his shows that otherwise wouldn't have, asking him questions every night...At least admit that Tommy's "using" the GNR name as much as anyone else....You could argue "well, at least he stayed with GNR", but does that make him loyal or a shrewd businessman?  I don't know, time will tell.
kockstar99
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »

Sure Tommy has gotten all that from being a member of GnR, His Solo album is in fact through Sanctuary.. Good for him.. At least Axl helps them with the projects they want to do..  The 2004 tour is what is stated in the press release, RIR-Lisbon and a Europen tour.  So you tell me, What was the reason for the 2001 and 2004 cancellations...  and since year one with Mr Carroll there has been rumors of him departing EVERY YEAR!! Ive never seen a Tommy Stinson is leaving rumor... So while its no shock that Mr Carroll is gone, Its a shame that he is gone at this time..

HE KNEW OF THE RIR SHOW.. so to quit this close to the show and to be so unsure if he wants to be a part of the band so close to a major show is down right fucked up...

he had a full YEAR and a half to make up his mind.... To leave the GnR fans and other band members this close to the concert date is downright FUCKED UP.... yes i like his guitar playing... Yes he was good at playing Slash's stuff...

The only thing that gets me is when everyone says WHAT A MAJOR LOSS!!! and OH GOD THIS IS THE END!!
FUCK AXL!!! AXLS FAULT!!!

good god hes only a guitarist... hes replacable.. its not the end of the band or Axl Roses fault... Mr Carroll left.

Sure i would LOVE to hear Carrolls side... your right there are 3 sides to every story...

BUT The FACT is... 2 times we have had shows cancelled and the official reasons have been one thing... ok ..That reason is now gone... hes history...  now lets see what happens..... no more bullshit, no more excuses... Axl has to deliver... and I still belive he will.....
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 02:50:19 PM »

Great post, Kockstar!  Thank you for responding in such a thoughtful way and keeping an air of discussion and logic going....Although there is mention of a tour in the press release, I have to wonder if that was a reality, or if that was just in there to strengthen his argument, much like the statement about GH delaying CD was in the court case.  I know it's not fair to Axl to say that, but I don't see how anyone could take his words at face value anymore...He's got to earn that integrity back through backing up his words.  Truth is, you and I will never know, so either way, I'll call it a done deal and just concede that Bucket was fucked up for leaving so soon before the show, if in fact, he did leave recently.  If he left over a year ago, as some suggest (don't for the life of me know how anyone could pinpoint), there's simply no excuse.  Either way, I'm with you though man....Axl laid the blame hammer down, and as unhappy as I might be, if Buckethead were indeed the main reason for the hold-up, then everything from here on in, according to Axl's thinking, should be smooth sailing...let's damn sure hope so....Here's to you and I sharing our thoughts on the album in the future... beer
madagas
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 03:09:50 PM »

He said he was gonna deliver by the summer of 97 when Slash left, then he said June of 01, then he said sometime in 03. You guys are simply out of touch with reality here. Axl is fucking nuts. I don't believe anything he says at this point.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:11:44 PM by madagas » Logged
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 03:17:28 PM »

And how could you reasonably expcted to, Madagas...That's my main point across every post, regardless of how I feel about the music or any future potential...All Axl has to do is take a few actions that aren't legally based, and make a concerted effort to stay true to his words, and slowly, his word would come to have substance again...Simple....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 04:46:11 PM »

What is the official reason that the 2001 and 2004 shows were cancelled??  Mr Brian Carroll.

You don't know that for a fact dude.

You think Axl is NOT the problem here?

C'mon!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 05:01:06 PM »

Buckethead needs to bring out his puppet and make a statement.  I want to hear both sides of the story.
Crowebar
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 05:09:33 PM »

You Axlpeople are truly pathetic.

No, you're pathetic provocationman. rant yes

I'd like to [puke] in your face. ok
kockstar99
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 05:21:50 PM »

You don't know that for a fact dude.

You think Axl is NOT the problem here?

C'mon!

you think Axl is the problem here??
I know what the offical reasons for the cancellations were.... and i know that problem is no longer a problem.. he is history... lets see what comes next... a cd, a single, a concert, a tour,  or an excuse... Im sorry i still have faith in Axl Rose, and I think the time for excuses is over..  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: