Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Slipknot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slipknot  (Read 30550 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

they always moan about clean singing.

personally i want the clean singing, i hate all that roaroaoraoroaroa stuff.
I like both - that's why I love Slipknot.
yeah but slipknots roarness isnt harsh harsh, its ok but his clean voice is really good.

Im on bout the more extreme roar crap.

html sucks
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »

really awesome album. got it the day it was released from amazon.

corey`s stone sour influence is definitely noticeable, but since i`m a fan of both stone sour and slipknot, that`s no problem. doesn`t mean it doesn`t sound like slipknot anyways...  been pumping it in my car for 2-3(?) weeks now and i`m not planning to stop having it in heavy rotation anytime soon! ok

the bonus dvd and bonus tracks my version contained aren?t worth buying though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 01:33:49 PM »

does anybody know where i can get a setlist from?

seeing them next week headbanger
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2008, 03:25:06 AM »

leaving for denmark and slipknot in a few minutes beer
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »

fuck in hell what a show, easily top5 of my life
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

Can anyone explain me, why they made a song about Marlon brando's eyes?
They didn't -  now scram!

You aint really now a shit about Slipknot, do you?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 08:31:46 AM »

You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes

that's the chorus of eyeless yes, doubt the song is about marlon brandos eyes though
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »

I love this band, they're easily in the top 5. (GnR, Slipknot, DragonForce, Anberlin, Daft Punk). However, I find it hard to believe their new album "All Hope Is Gone" sold more and placed higher than Chinese Democracy in the first week.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »

SLIPKNOT began its first solo headlining tour in support of the band's latest album, "All Hope Is Gone", Friday night (January 23) in St. Paul, Minnesota. Ross Raihala of TwinCities.com writes in his review of the concert, "The 10,230 fans who filled the general-admission floor and lower half of the arena were certainly ready for the band's first gig at the X in almost four years, moshing and cheering throughout the evening, shouting along to the Grammy-nominated single 'Duality' and basking in every last chunky riff. Heck, some of them were so excited, they even cheered while the roadies did a pre-show soundcheck behind a curtain.

"Indeed, all those things that seemed so ridiculous about the band in the beginning ? from the slasher-film/SM masks to the logo straight out of a 1950s horror comic ? now seem like the least unusual aspects of SLIPKNOT. What's most amazing these days is that they can still figure out how to use all nine members, which include a pair of additional percussionists, a DJ and keyboard/samples player alongside two guitarists, a bassist and drummer. All that extra manpower rarely felt superfluous and, if anything, added an extra layer of muscle to the music. The lack of pyro and special effects may have been to save a little scratch in these lean times, but it only further focused attention on the music itself."

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. (Sic)
02. Eyeless
03. Wait and Bleed
04. Me Inside
05. Before I Forget
06. Dead Memories
07. Left Behind
08. The Blister Exists
09. Frail Limb Nursery
10. Purity
11. Everything Ends
12. Psychosocial
13. Duality
14. People = Shit
----------------------
15. Surfacing
16. Spit It Out

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »

looks like i'm gonna see them again this summer,
here are some pics from last november, dunno if u need to be my "friend" to see them but anyway:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=63000&id=600287601
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 03:50:05 AM »

Going to Slipnot August 26th can't wait!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »

just watched the video of snuff, it's more like a short film, who woulda thought this of slipknot 10 years ago Tongue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXEKuttVRIo
RickRoses
Opening Act

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:19 AM »

Slipknot kick ass, I saw them back in October. I was 2nd row, pit, right in front of Corey. The show was insane, probably the best show I'd seen before I saw GNR. Been a fan for a long time, about 7 years now....

The Best Fuckin' Day Of My Life
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »

I've got their first three albums and want to check out AHIG at some point. Iowa's definitely my favourite so far. Some people can't bear the masks or their image but at least they look interesting, unlike a lot of modern bands. People = Shit is the shit. headbanger

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »

I've got their first three albums and want to check out AHIG at some point. Iowa's definitely my favourite so far. Some people can't bear the masks or their image but at least they look interesting, unlike a lot of modern bands. People = Shit is the shit. headbanger
check 'em out live!, fucking amazing live band, dawg!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG6G4XBnvLQ&feature=channel that cover is awesome Cheesy
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »

Police: SLIPKNOT Bassist Found Dead - May 24, 2010
According to the Des Moines Register, Urbandale, Iowa police are investigating the death of SLIPKNOT's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites (pictured below), 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said, but the investigation is ongoing.

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done.

Back in 2003, authorities agreed to drop drug possession charges against Paul Gray in exchange for Gray's acknowledgement that he was on drugs when he was involved in a minor traffic accident (Story#1, Story#2) in the summer of 2003 in Des Moines.

Des Moines police arrested Gray on June 1, 2003 after his car collided with a car at Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and Carpenter Avenue.

A police report at the time said Gray "had impaired balance, slurred and dull speech, and extremely sleepy and dull behavior."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140601

no
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »

Police: SLIPKNOT Bassist Found Dead - May 24, 2010

According to the Des Moines Register, Urbandale, Iowa police are investigating the death of SLIPKNOT's bass guitarist at a local hotel.

Paul Dedrick Gray, 38, of Johnston was found dead at approximately 10:50 a.m. today by an employee at TownePlace Suites (pictured below), 8800 Northpark Drive, police said.

There was no evidence of foul play, police said, but the investigation is ongoing.

An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Toxicology tests will be done.

In a December 2009 posting on his MySpace page, Gray revealed that his wife Brenna was pregnant with the couple's first child. "I am the happiest man on the face of the earth ? literally!" he wrote. He added, "This has been the best Christmas I have ever had!"

Back in 2003, authorities agreed to drop drug possession charges against Paul Gray in exchange for Gray's acknowledgement that he was on drugs when he was involved in a minor traffic accident (Story#1, Story#2) in the summer of 2003 in Des Moines.

Des Moines police arrested Gray on June 1, 2003 after his car collided with a car at Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway and Carpenter Avenue.

A police report at the time said Gray "had impaired balance, slurred and dull speech, and extremely sleepy and dull behavior."

hope it doesn't become a normal thing for rockstars to pass away! Undecided
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

they are all getting old now.

the sad part is there are no new rockstars around to carry the torch, just a bunch of pussys like All Time Low.

html sucks
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2010, 01:37:20 AM »

they are all getting old now.

the sad part is there are no new rockstars around to carry the torch, just a bunch of pussys like All Time Low.
38 is old? when did that happen? anyway another rock star drug overdose.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: