Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 144217 times)
darkdays_01
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2003, 08:08:00 PM »

Favorite songs man this is a tough one:

Desert Song
Turn To Dust
Work It Out
Truth? original , if you havent heard this it rocks, like to see a whole album of stuff like this.
Pearl Of Euphoria
Me and My Wine
Rocket especially live  beer
darkdays_01
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2003, 08:11:09 PM »

Oh yeah for those who like Def Lep there is a kick ass picture of Joe Elliott with the guys from Velvet Revolver on there oficial site it is under the photos but it is near the bottom , check it out ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2003, 02:05:36 AM »

Oh yeah for those who like Def Lep there is a kick ass picture of Joe Elliott with the guys from Velvet Revolver on there oficial site it is under the photos but it is near the bottom , check it out ok

Dude, I can't find it....
darkdays_01
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2003, 02:30:37 AM »

when you goto the gallery page, all of the x tour phots come up , it is near the bottom, ill try to link it if i can for ya.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2003, 05:25:09 AM »

when you goto the gallery page, all of the x tour phots come up , it is near the bottom, ill try to link it if i can for ya.

haha...well that makes more sense now, since I was looking at the VR site photos!!!!!!! hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2003, 05:34:11 AM »

Wow that was a cool pic. Not a great one of him personally, but a great one of all of them together. Great pic for this thread right?

I liked the picture of Joe with the Blue Man Group in LV. That was some funny shit there!

My top five DL songs...Let me think and post tomorrow.
darkdays_01
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2003, 05:57:07 PM »

Wow that was a cool pic. Not a great one of him personally, but a great one of all of them together. Great pic for this thread right?

I liked the picture of Joe with the Blue Man Group in LV. That was some funny shit there!

My top five DL songs...Let me think and post tomorrow.

Yeah Joe Elliott looks a bit rough in that picture, maybe him and Slash tied one on , I am glad you found it  beer
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2004, 04:20:03 PM »

I been listening to X again, first time in a year or so....u know it ain't so bad! Okay its not great either but there are some really catchy tunes on that, go listen to it again, its not so bad....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2004, 04:22:38 PM »

I been listening to X again, first time in a year or so....u know it ain't so bad! Okay its not great either but there are some really catchy tunes on that, go listen to it again, its not so bad....

No it's not. It's put together well. I'd just like more yelling and guitars!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2004, 04:43:23 PM »

No it's not. It's put together well. I'd just like more yelling and guitars!

Don't we all.....i can't wait for the new album, i'm probabaly even more excited about that then Chinese Democracy......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2004, 04:07:03 AM »

They said it's the best they can do now. To me X is a little "pop". But it ain't bad.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2004, 06:29:54 AM »

They said it's the best they can do now.  

Wha? How can that be the 'best they can do'?

These are essentially the same people who churned out albums like Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize and retro active....u don't forget how to make great music.

They tried something radically new with X, they tried to be pop, it didn't work because they changed what they do best, as soon as they go back to their roots they will be make to their best.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2004, 10:45:36 AM »

The same thing happened to "Slang" when they wanted to try something new. Now it's like "pop-heavy style"? even more pop.
 Well, those were Elliot's words. DL played a new style and did their best in that way. At least Elliot thiks so. I'd like to hear smthg like Pyromania, Adrenalize... damn anything but Slang.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »

Leppard need to go back to the pop metal that made them great, songs with passion, great hooks, some loud guitars.....they can also mix in the ballads in there too, cos lets face it, no one does power ballads like them.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2004, 04:29:46 PM »

Scorpions do, but their ballads are toooo sweet.
Here's my five of fav. songs:
1. Foolin'
2. Desert song
3. To be alive
4. Gods of war
5. Kings of oblivion
Of course there are many others favourites.  yes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2004, 02:36:21 PM »

Slang arrived today...i'm listening to it now....not sure what to think about it yet........

Edit: It rocks, i'm really impressed, some very strong songs on there, real rock'N'fuckin'roll, a good overal album.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 04:28:57 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2004, 03:29:09 PM »

Slang arrived today...i'm listening to it now....not sure what to think about it yet........

Edit: It rocks, i'm really impressed, some very strong songs on there, real rock'N'fuckin'roll, a good overal album.

It really is a good album.

I like that song that goes "With all the guilt that's it your head...." kind of a harder (for that lp anyway) song. The rest of the songs are great songs to cruise to at night. Just roll and listen.
jet
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2004, 08:21:07 AM »

Too many slow songs. But for one album it's Ok
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2004, 10:42:46 AM »

Too many slow songs. But for one album it's Ok

I agree!   Atleast they don't play them in concert!  Grin

It's cool that this thread got so long - I really like DL!  Grin

Why don't you just....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2004, 01:56:54 PM »

It's cool that this thread got so long - I really like DL!  Grin

I think its great their are still passionate Leppard fans kickin about, i am back into them in a big way, they really are an awesome group, gotta say at this moment in time only Guns N Roses would rank higher for me.

I can't wait for the new album.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: