Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI  (Read 8517 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 06:55:55 PM »

I think he may get stuck with his last option... JR Motorsports as a satelite program of Hendrick (Running all his cars and motors)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »

Update:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. headed to Hendrick Motorsports

June 12, 2007

By PA SportsTicker

Dale Earnhardt Jr. apparently will join forces with NASCAR's most successful team.

Earnhardt is set to announce his intention to join Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, PA SportsTicker learned Tuesday from an anonymous source with knowledge of the negotiations.

NASCAR's most popular driver, Earnhardt has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday at 11 a.m. EDT, when he will officially announce his intentions for next season.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the source said that Earnhardt will drive the Hendrick Motorsports No. 25 Chevrolet, which is currently piloted by Casey Mears. Consequently, Mears will replace Kyle Busch as the driver of the No. 5 Chevrolet.

Busch is under contract with Hendrick through the end of the 2008 season, but the source said that the 22-year-old will not be with the team next year.

Jeff Dickerson, Busch's attorney, told ESPN.com that he is uncertain about the young driver's future but declined to comment further on the situation.

"Out of respect for Hendrick Motorsports, we're not really sure what's going on yet," Dickerson told the web site. "But we're trying. I don't think anything's changed yet. I cannot tell you that Kyle is out of the No. 5 for 2008."

Earnhardt's highly anticipated announcement Wednesday will come just 34 days after the racing icon cut ties with Dale Earnhardt Inc., the team founded by his late, great father and run by his stepmother, Teresa Earnhardt.

Now he is headed to Hendrick Motorsports, which has completely dominated the Nextel Cup Series this season and already boasts a loaded team which features four-time series champion Jeff Gordon and reigning champion Jimmie Johnson.

Gordon captured his fourth victory of the season Sunday at Pocono Raceway and increased his overwhelming cushion in the series standings to 242 points. Johnson also has four checkered flags this season and is fourth in the standings, 305 points behind Gordon.

Busch has struggled of late but still is 10th in the standings. He captured his only victory of the season at Bristol in March and has seven top-10 finishes this season.

Gordon, Johnson, Busch and Mears - who won the Coca-Cola 600 - have combined to win 10 of the first 14 races on the circuit this season, easily making Hendrick Motorsports the most dominant team in the series.

But the addition of Earnhardt would bring Hendrick Motorsports unparalleled success off the track - if not on it.

Although his popularity dwarfs his achievements, Earnhardt has widespread appeal reaching far beyond NASCAR's die-hard fans. Merchandise bearing his name, likeness and familiar No. 8 accounted for nearly 25 percent of all NASCAR driver-licensed products.

But Earnhardt currently is mired in a winless drought and has not visited Victory Lane since winning at Richmond in May 2006, a span of 40 consecutive races without a checkered flag. He is 14th in the standings and has only one top-five finish this season.

Earnhardt enjoyed his best season in 2003, when he registered 13 top-five finishes en route to placing third in the series standings. He recorded a career-high six victories the following campaign.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AtxITVf6qksjroSNQR8My_Xov7YF?slug=txearnhardt&prov=st&type=lgns

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 08:52:34 PM »

This is huge news.  Now we'll really be able to measure Junior's true talent.

Mears saved himself by winning at Lowe's. 
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »

As a fan of almost everyone who has passed through HMS, this is great news. Junior, Gordon, and Johnson, along with Mears?

What a dream team. Now I can root for J-cubed

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »

They just might win every race on the schedule next year.  hihi

Do you guys think Budweiser will join Junior on the 5 team?  Kellogg's has been with Hendrick for a really long time, so I don't see that partnership ending anytime soon....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »

Do you guys think Budweiser will join Junior on the 5 team?  Kellogg's has been with Hendrick for a really long time, so I don't see that partnership ending anytime soon....

In a way, I kind of hope Dale Jr. and Rick Hendrick can talk Teresa into letting them have the #8. BUT....and that is a big but, I have a feeling that one day Dale Jr. could possibly return to DEI and I would want him to be able to drive the #8 car or the #3 car(pending RCR).

Regarding Budweiser, I believe they will go with Dale Jr. if Hendrick Motorsports will allow them to.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 08:40:17 AM »

Sponsors follow drivers normally if I'm not mistaken. So unless Hendrick doesn't want Bud on the car, he'll probably be driving the #5 Budweiser car.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »

Well, Budweiser sponsored the #25 car for the longest time, until they left to go sponsor Junior, so it's not like Hendrick is against alcohol sponsors.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: