Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Geffen the hold up? & Who is the producer?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Geffen the hold up? & Who is the producer?  (Read 7104 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« on: February 24, 2004, 01:45:34 PM »

Is GN'R in a holding pattern.  Could it be that that the album was finished and submitted to Geffen for their review months ago.  Even if it wasn't finished I'm thinking they have had to show/submit what they are up to.... a status report.  Could it be that whats going on now is that they are working on some things that Geffen asked for?

Whether it be rearranging the track list... or removing something the record co. thinks is inappropriate... or shifting songs/content from one album to another?

Changing /altering the album name?  I remember hearing a long time ago (and i could swear it was supposed to be an official spokesperson) I remember hearing that "it might not even be called Chinese Democracy anymore".

Cover art?  Crediting?   There were reported to be a number of producers on this work.  That'd have to be sorted out.  I mean if more than one producer had their hand in the same song..... Which is very possible.  Could it be that they are trying to re-negotiate financially with Axl / GN'R?

Could be a lot of things.  The GH could be a tactic they are using to pressure Axl / GN'R into giving in on something....

Could it have something to do with future touring deals or sponsorship or however that works...

I don't know much about how all ths stuff works - but I do believe that it is all pretty complicated....

I dont' think its actually uncommon for a band to finish and album and not expect its release for as long as 6 months.

So if may is the case - then it could be easily deduced that they may have submitted since november

If we're talking fall... then i think we could say that perhaps its only very recently been submitted.

and oh.. who is the producer.  The poster AA spoke about BT (Brian Truseau - sorry if spelling is wrong).

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 01:53:11 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 02:20:44 PM »

Changing /altering the album name?  I remember hearing a long time ago (and i could swear it was supposed to be an official spokesperson) I remember hearing that "it might not even be called Chinese Democracy anymore".

Yes, I read that too.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 02:48:31 PM »

According to many reports including axl himself , all the artwork for the album is done..including cover art which he even showed @ a concert overseas.

Wanna know my opinion of whats happening now? Probably not..but here it is... the album might actually be handed over..this may be true if , the label may be putting out the "hits" album now , get the name circulating again and then release Chinese Democracy a couple months later.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 03:37:02 PM »

Wanna know my opinion of whats happening now? Probably not..but here it is... the album might actually be handed over..this may be true if , the label may be putting out the "hits" album now , get the name circulating again and then release Chinese Democracy a couple months later.
I think that is the case as well. Its unfortunate because why the hell would you release old material then release new material a few months later. The past is the past.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:56:46 PM »

which maybe why this isn't a two stage process....i hope it is, i really do but for some reason i have my doubts.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 07:06:15 PM »

I keep getting the feeling that the greatest hits was made in 00 or 01 , but was delayed due to CD supposedly being ready, but now they are releasing it just to get it out of the warehouse.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 07:13:24 PM »

I keep getting the feeling that the greatest hits was made in 00 or 01 , but was delayed due to CD supposedly being ready, but now they are releasing it just to get it out of the warehouse.

It may be true that it was made in 00 or 01 (although, I don't see why they would make that and Live Era).  But releasing it just to get it out of the warehouse?  C'mon!

-F
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 08:28:13 PM »

I don't think the album is finished

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
SlashFan
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 10:48:55 PM »

I don't think the album is finished

Well it should have been.Maybe Axl/GN'R just are trying to get it perfect.I just wish it would come out. Huh
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 12:33:29 AM »

I do think that Chinese Democracy is finished also.   Just the record company thinks that the way to generate the best buzz about Gn'R is with the greatest hits followed up by Chinese Democracy.     It's all about money with the record companies,  and I'm sure that's what they're trying to do....make the most money.  I really don't know obviously.   Just what I think is a possiblity.
lisaoreflex
Opening Act

Loved Axl from the beginning.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 01:10:16 AM »

What if Democracy or whatever it will be called is ready or about ready to go but they are throwing out the greatest hits to see if the response is big enough to fork out big money for big promotions and tours and such? If that were so wouldn't we owe it to them to show our support? Axl should have left Geffen when the getting was good and he had better credibility, before they started jerking him around and screwing up tours.

Music brings the world together in one united sound.
Let's unite and ROCK the world.
twitcher
Headliner

path / stream junction

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 01:47:28 AM »

If that were so wouldn't we owe it to them to show our support?

1. I very much doubt that is the reason for GH.
2. Even if it was, we don't OWE axl/them anything.

CD will be given loads of publicity anyway. if GH flops nothing will change.

(What did Geffen do to screw up tours Undecided thought axl managed to do that himself)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: