Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R name all over lisbon
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R name all over lisbon  (Read 12209 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2004, 06:17:07 AM »

hey, i didn't say that there weren't any posters on the walls, i just said i haven't seen them yet, but if grabaraxl said there were posters, then they're out there, and its not strange at all cuz every day Gnr is in commercials to the RIR festival. i'm goin to college now, so i'll keep my eyes open.

and i wasn't also voicing my personal opinion on Axl or the New band, i'm a die hard Axl fan and i love the new band, the problem is most people don't think that way. but hey a lot of people didn't even knew that Gn'R was still alive and that they had new members, so i guess RIR 4 is such a good time as any to Axl prove every one wrong.
and Yes that Journalist is awful, he even tears VR every chance he gets. a few months ago on a Led Zeppelin Special, with la few people here in the music business they were saying that very few bands got to where Led Got, but to name a few they said GNR and The Black Crows, he turned the discution into GNR and basicly tore Axl apart, i couldn't believe the BS the guy was saying. he basicly see's Axl as an accident waiting to happen and a total loser who got lucky in 80's and destroyed a great band he once had. and it's sad, cuz, IMO, Nothing could be further away from the truth. and worst of all, is, if someone gets to interview the band when they get here, he's the one! Axl should kick his ass. that would be public service
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:57:56 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »

Mean Bone, i have to disagree with you.

first of all, the posters are everywhere in lisboa's center. if walk across the new avenues and the whole area between marques de pombal, pra?a de espanha and campo grande.

it's cool that you mentioned A.Freitas. i'm a big friend of his he just invited me for a gn'r special on his television show! yes, he thinks that gn'r without slash isn't gn'r, but he hasn't seen the new band yet.

and as far as gn'r not being a known band in portugal, i don't know where you get that idea.
"Live era" was #2 on our charts, that's the highest rating it got in the world, you can't pass a day without hearing a gn'r song on the radio (this morning "you could be mine" was blasting on mega fm), and if you go to the target between 25-35, they know all the gn'r songs.

younger people, that are used to nowadays bands - the flavour of the week -  don't understand the power that older rock bands have in their audience.
kids today are used to like one band for 2  albums, then pretend they never liked it and just get a different haircut and wardrobe and listen to whatever new band is around.

one example: limp bizkit sold out 2 nights in lisbon 2 years ago, they had 30.000 people. 2 weeks ago, they had 3.000 people watching their new show, and the new album isn't that bad!

bands like pink floyd, stones, U2, Metallica, Gn'R, have a really strong fan base, and you can't see that in your high school, because that is just one part of their target audience.

if you look at your window and see a 30 year old guy in suit, walking around in his BMW, you may think of him as a norah jones or jazz fan, but that guy can be pretty much a die-hard gn'r fan, or metallica, since he grow up listening to them.
Appetite was released 17 years ago! and it had an impact by that time that you can't imagine!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2004, 11:55:02 AM »

yeah, you're right on all that, basicly, my point of view was from someone who's 19 and basicly since the 6th grade i haven't seen more then 10 gnr Fans that i actually knew, and the majority of kids my age do like the flavour of the month band, without having a particular taste in music in general, they like what everyone thinks its cool to lilke. yet there have been many surprises, mainly at the Iron Maiden Show that sold out here in Lisbon and i didn't expect it to, the way i saw it fans just came from the most unexpected places, from 30 year old excutives to 14 year old kids who knew just about every single song. that was a surprise and i'm hoppin' the same will happen, and maybe i don't see that many GNR fans. cuz people my age just don't seem to be their actual taget for now at least. cuz i do hope that will change. i truly hope for a strong fan base At rio, both national and international since many of the Posters here will be attending as well.

and just one thing since Freitas is your friend, and i already knew that cuz he even mentioned you in a show here in television as a die hard fan of the new band. is that show he's thinkin of doin on "Hipertens?o" on sic Radical or is it in Antena 3 Radio? and can you show something from the new band other than Rio? like Pukkepolp's nightrain, the NYC MSG show or any other thing since they're all bootlegs?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:56:54 AM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
badapple81
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2004, 04:58:49 PM »

Years ago here in Sydney, there used to be these government road safety billboards for taking breaks every couple hours of driving.. they had an actual crushed up car sticking out of them.. with the sign saying "Even listening to Guns N' Roses at full volume couldn't keep this driver awake"
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »

Years ago here in Sydney, there used to be these government road safety billboards for taking breaks every couple hours of driving.. they had an actual crushed up car sticking out of them.. with the sign saying "Even listening to Guns N' Roses at full volume couldn't keep this driver awake"

come on, there got to be pictures from this!!!!!!

Like peeing clouds!
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »

that sidney sign is hillarious!

and mean bone, it'll be on the tv show. i'll keep you posted on the date. i'll try to show some bootlegs, but i don't know if it's legally possible. he'll decide what to do with them. i'll try to do a song there too with my gn'r tribute band.

oh, and for all you Manchester United fans...good luck next year on the champions league!!
as Axl would've said himself: Alex Fergusson can suck my dick! peace
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: