Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Video games
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video games  (Read 41537 times)
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2005, 01:06:25 AM »

Anybody wait in line for an Xbox 360?

My brother got to walmart at noon today and is waiting in line till midnight so he can pick up a system.

He is 8th in line and he said there are now over 40 people in line.

at 6am people started lining up.

I cant wait to go down to his house tonight and check it out.
he's already bought 5 games for it and all of them look so fuckin incredible.

Did anyone else pick one up tonight?

Is your brother one of those geeks? hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2005, 01:23:42 AM »

Yes, he let his car get repossessed once because it was either pay his car payment or get the xbox when it came out.

I will be playing it in about 30 minutes, I cant fuckin wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2005, 01:26:39 AM »

They're making a Superman game for that system too. ok
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2005, 10:33:15 AM »

I know this is kinda stupid but anyone has played Clive Barker's The Undying, my question will be is there any sequel to that game cause I've been looking and in a page there are a lot of new screenshots, makes me wonder if there is a sequel, yet no page tells about a sequel.

No man can be my equal
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005, 10:42:35 AM »

Xbox 360 is worthless. To fully appreciate the shiny new graphics, which is just about all it offers, one has to own a $2000+ HDTV. For that much money, I'll keep my computer instead. Sony won't be getting any of my money either, after their DRM rootkit scam.

Nintendo is the only company that's worth looking at. At least they're still innovating. The DS and the Revolution controller are great examples of Nintendo putting out new ideas instead of shiner graphics.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 11:25:14 AM »

Xbox 360 is worthless. To fully appreciate the shiny new graphics, which is just about all it offers, one has to own a $2000+ HDTV. For that much money, I'll keep my computer instead. Sony won't be getting any of my money either, after their DRM rootkit scam.

Nintendo is the only company that's worth looking at. At least they're still innovating. The DS and the Revolution controller are great examples of Nintendo putting out new ideas instead of shiner graphics.

I agree with much of that

The X box sucked - where are its amazing games, Halo? Give me a break!

Seems people just buy these things because of its ''power'' - but if there are no games that use it who cares? The X Box never backed up its ''power'' with decent game in sufficient number to make it worth while.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005, 11:26:16 AM »

Yes, he let his car get repossessed once because it was either pay his car payment or get the xbox when it came out.

Shocked Jeez. He must love his games!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005, 11:49:53 AM »

Actually you can get a 27" Samsung HDTV for $449. I don't think Microsoft is expecting to much to assume that you aren't hooking up their state of the art gaming console to a 20 yearold 19" Zeineth in a plywood console.

Yes and of course there is nothing innovative about the blu-ray player that will be in PS3. Considering that for around 400 dollars you will be getting a game console that plays discs that will normally require a $1000 Standalone Blu-Ray player.

Yes lets jump on board for the ever innovative Super Mario Bros. 35 on the next Nintendo Console (which 6 months after it's release will be selling for $99 dollars to compete with Microsoft and Sony)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2005, 12:34:31 PM »

I agree with much of that

The X box sucked - where are its amazing games, Halo? Give me a break!

Seems people just buy these things because of its ''power'' - but if there are no games that use it who cares? The X Box never backed up its ''power'' with decent game in sufficient number to make it worth while.

Eh, I'm partial to Fable, Halo, and some others.  But, I agree...if you can only own one system, I'm not sure X-box (or 360) would be the one you should choose.  I own the current "big 3" (Ps2, Xbox, and Gamecube), all for different reasons.  They all have their ups and downs, but, if I had to choose 1, it'd be PS2...simply because their library is larger than either of the other 2.

I was going to plunk down for a 360 on Launch day....then Oblivion got delayed until March-ish.  I'll be waiting to buy my 360 til then. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2005, 12:35:56 PM »

nintendo rocks!
without nintendo  64 PS2 woudnt have had that analog stick thingie...
its nintendo revolutionizing the whole console thing... what did PS2 or X-box do? really?
i dunno what that blu yar thing is, but still nintedo is the inventor of the controllers on all these things, what would they be without them?

and mario games rocks!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2005, 12:36:20 PM »

Actually you can get a 27" Samsung HDTV for $449. I don't think Microsoft is expecting to much to assume that you aren't hooking up their state of the art gaming console to a 20 yearold 19" Zeineth in a plywood console.

Yes and of course there is nothing innovative about the blu-ray player that will be in PS3. Considering that for around 400 dollars you will be getting a game console that plays discs that will normally require a $1000 Standalone Blu-Ray player.

Yes lets jump on board for the ever innovative Super Mario Bros. 35 on the next Nintendo Console (which 6 months after it's release will be selling for $99 dollars to compete with Microsoft and Sony)

We picked one up at Walmart (on Sale) for the kids playroom about 3 or 4 months back for $349. ?Hell, that's less than the "expensive" version of the 360 is.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2005, 01:59:37 PM »

For $350 I could buy a 7800 GT graphics card and enjoy shiny eye candy right now on my computer, if I felt like it. My old CRT monitor has great resolution and it didn't cost me $500+. An LCD's refresh rate and color accuracy will never, ever match the old CRT technology. Quake, or any other fast paced game for that matter, just isn't the same thing on an LCD, even with shiny HD.

Blu-Ray is Sony's gimmick for imposing their own proprietary format on all the rest of the market. HD-DVD isn't much better at that regard, but at least it's easier to manufacture and will be less expensive for consumers. HD quality is only really good for classic movies with great cinematography, like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Citizen Kane, Schindler's List, The Sound of Music, etc. I like these movies, but not enogh to spend thousands of dollars for HD quality.
Evolution
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2005, 02:19:40 PM »

They should revamp Donkey Kong for the newer stuff. Maybe Plok if anyone remembers that game?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2005, 02:27:43 PM »

I know this is kinda stupid but anyone has played Clive Barker's The Undying, my question will be is there any sequel to that game cause I've been looking and in a page there are a lot of new screenshots, makes me wonder if there is a sequel, yet no page tells about a sequel.
Sorry, no sequel is planned for this game.  It didn't sell well enough.

P.S. Izzy, the xbox has a 733mhz Celeron processor with 64MB of ram, not exactly what I'd call "power."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 02:31:44 PM by Gunner80? » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145759

I was reading this article and I got a bit sad as I vaguely remembered the christmas and the feeling when I got the 8-bit Nintendo as a present.

When we grow up why do we lose the feeling of "magical excitement"?

Yeah, the Revolution is the only console that I'm really looking forward to

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2005, 05:36:24 PM »

P.S. Izzy, the xbox has a 733mhz Celeron processor with 64MB of ram, not exactly what I'd call "power."

That's more power than all computers put together just a few decades ago. It was only 20 years ago Bill Gates said something like 32 kb (kb, not mb!) of RAM "ought to be enough for anyone". The xbox is tremendously powerful, but so much of it goes towards shiny graphics instead of gameplay innovation. 733 mhz is fast enough for all the gameplay one could want, but not for graphics hogs. If it can play Quake, it's fast enough, period.

I was reading this article and I got a bit sad as I vaguely remembered the christmas and the feeling when I got the 8-bit Nintendo as a present.

Well, the fact that there's nothing to be excited about is a big part of it. The NES offered great sound, graphics, and a revolutionary control scheme compared to the Atari. The SNES gave us even more buttons and good sprite graphics. The Playstation gave us CD based games and a great controller. The latest generation gave us much better online capabilities. The Xbox 360 has shiner graphics at a higher resolution. That's it.

I bought the Gamecube just to play Super Smash Brothers Melee and it was worth every penny. I have had so much fun with that game with my friends.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2005, 05:49:53 PM »

Well, the fact that there's nothing to be excited about is a big part of it. The NES offered great sound, graphics, and a revolutionary control scheme compared to the Atari. The SNES gave us even more buttons and good sprite graphics. The Playstation gave us CD based games and a great controller. The latest generation gave us much better online capabilities. The Xbox 360 has shiner graphics at a higher resolution. That's it.

I bought the Gamecube just to play Super Smash Brothers Melee and it was worth every penny. I have had so much fun with that game with my friends.

That's true but it's also the sense of wonder thats forgatten.

I bought GC to play Super Mario Sunshine and Legend of Zelda, I bought the new slim version of PS2 about a year ago just because of Final Fantasy X Smiley and it's still the only game I have for the system, I'm gonna get the FF X-2 someday when I have more money

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2005, 05:56:20 PM »

I get a sense of wonder whenever I play a great game these days. Even an above average game makes me smile.  Smiley There are so few good games out there now, a few good ones every once in a while are really great for me. I hope you break your FF addiction like I did, since the series hasn't had a good game in nearly a decade. Well, except for FF Tactics, which is admittedly a Tactics Ogre rip off.

Nintendo has made a great comeback with Wind Waker after the disappointing Ocarina of Time. It's the best Zelda game since A Link To The Past. After the disaster that was the N64, I think they're about to jump back up and surprise us. Quality over quantity, especially for busy people like me!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2005, 06:04:26 PM »

alright, i'll have to defend Micorsoft here.
again, this IS not about graphics. (and that's why Sony is stressed and pushing its PS3 back ... because they thought it would be about graphics)
a good game is a good game no matter how pretty and advanced it looks ( best game of recent years: kirby on nintendo ds)

i think the xbox 360 is a solid system. because it's complete
everything has been thought FOR the player comfort.
It's powerfull. it's open and talkative with a lot of accessories (mp3 players, media center pc, hdtv, usb, wireless ...)

and more that anything, the system is solid. the kits are (finally) stable and powerfull. the system has been thought for the (very popular) Online mode.
examples of the little details that makes the 360 solid:

* you have a buddy list and an msn-like program to chat (audio/video) with your friends, at any time when your playing a game, you can invite a friend to join you
* you come with you wireless controller, press teh central button> hop in, you're a new player
* the profile has built in preferences such has : inverse mouse, sensibilty of the pad, auto/manual for race games, pas schemes < THIS IS HUGE. this IS major advancement. the day i wont have to re-configure my controls and graphics each time i install a game on pc will be a good day. it may seems like a details, but details like this makes s console system comfortable and makes the user like it
* you plug an mp3 player, the songs are automatically recognized as your soundtrack for the game ...
* the pad is VERY solid and efficient (and the wireless has a cord to power it ... good stuff)

overall the system is amazing. then you need good games. but already the system is powerfull. when we know how Online is important now, ?microsoft did good.
Exactly just like Nintendo and Ds online: simple and efficient. users like that. not everybody is hardcore.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2005, 06:39:40 PM »

The Playstation gave us CD based games and a great controller. The latest generation gave us much better online capabilities.

i though the Sega mega Drive or whatever it was called had cd based games  way before PS1

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: