Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Amazing Story Behind the Global Warming Scam  (Read 30237 times)
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »

but don't try and act like the world will cease to exist or explode if we don't.

Because you know nothing will happen?

/jarmo

oh yeah, the world will "Explode' but it will be from a nuclear war long before us polluters destroy it.

ok .. say your right . GW is " bullshit " .polluting is still bad.we can give it our all and not give a shit and sure it may not be real,but your still doing maximum damage to our mother eart we should love and take care of . but we should still try to burn less fossil fuels and slow down the process we have started . personally I believe in global warming.. a few weeks ago it was -14 on a tuesday and by thursday it was +2 .. thats extremely messed up..

wether or not you believe you should still try not to kill Earth not only for you but for your family and for millions of other people like me you don't know that have to live here too Smiley

Saber idiomas es tener cultura . quel que chose que je pense todas las d?as
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 10:45:56 PM »

-14 degrees to +2!!!

Shit dude, u better grab the astronaut suit before u melt!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

Global warming deniers are little different than creationists, IDiots, flat earthers, 9/11 truthers, geocentrists, and other crack pots in that they rely on half-truths, mis-truths, and out rights lies to deceive a public that is generally ignorant of scientific methods. One need look no further than this thread to recognize that they are succeeding in their agenda.

Perhaps anecdotal, but is it a coincidence that vast majority of all "deniers" are godbotting morons?
radical tendency
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »

Food for thought...

Irreversible climate change due to carbon dioxide emissions
Susan Solomona1, Gian-Kasper Plattnerb, Reto Knuttic and Pierre Friedlingsteind

Abstract

The severity of damaging human-induced climate change depends not only on the magnitude of the change but also on the potential for irreversibility. This paper shows that the climate change that takes place due to increases in carbon dioxide concentration is largely irreversible for 1,000 years after emissions stop. Following cessation of emissions, removal of atmospheric carbon dioxide decreases radiative forcing, but is largely compensated by slower loss of heat to the ocean, so that atmospheric temperatures do not drop significantly for at least 1,000 years. Among illustrative irreversible impacts that should be expected if atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations increase from current levels near 385 parts per million by volume (ppmv) to a peak of 450?600 ppmv over the coming century are irreversible dry-season rainfall reductions in several regions comparable to those of the ?dust bowl? era and inexorable sea level rise. Thermal expansion of the warming ocean provides a conservative lower limit to irreversible global average sea level rise of at least 0.4?1.0 m if 21st century CO2 concentrations exceed 600 ppmv and 0.6?1.9 m for peak CO2 concentrations exceeding ≈1,000 ppmv. Additional contributions from glaciers and ice sheet contributions to future sea level rise are uncertain but may equal or exceed several meters over the next millennium or longer.

Published recently in the Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »

A method called "Core Sampling" has proven to be pretty darn accurate.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »

Americans and conspiracy theories? Not suprised Roll Eyes

People living happy in a city or something won't notice much-
-up north people notice it, and people living in and of nature also will feel it everywhere.

It will be a catastrophy for people unless something is done.

Some people don't dare to talk about population growth in this context, it's sad.

Earth heals itself, it's just some some million years after our (imagined) extinsion it's fine.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »

Yea people say 'save the earth' but
it's not the mother earth who's in danger. It's us, life on her.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »

Sorry Drew...anthropogenic warming is real.  Yes, it sucks to have to deal with it during a recession...but it's the responsible thing to do.   peace

Some scientist say it does and some scientist say it doesn't. The earth's temperatures have continued to rise and fall over the past 4.5 billion years.

When considering the merits, motivations and evidence both camps have presented, it's always very  generous  towards the naysayers to actually give them enough credit to consider it some sort of a " maybee maybe not!!" -dilemma.
I-have-an-agenda - scientists denying it happening are very similiar to historians denying holocaust.About as credible too.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:06:28 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »

scientists denying it happening are very similiar to historians denying holocaust.About as credible too.

Exactly, you'd think in the 21st century that people would have advanced a bit intellectually, but I guess not.

On a side note, I caught a documentary on PBS last week about polar bears and it's very disheartening how their death rate is skyrocketing as the ice caps continue to melt.

More and more are having to swim longer distances to find stable ice, and most are dying before they get there..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:31:57 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:48 PM »

Polar bear scam?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »

Rather than making people pay fines for the fuel used in technology the government has us use for transport.

Why dont they bring something better and healthier out?

Cause they dont wanna spend money.

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »

Ethanol (made from corn) is being explored, but most humanitarians tend to frown on it's use as an alternate fuel source due to the amount of starvation that continues to exist in the world.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »

how did that Y2K workout for everybody?

My bank accounts are still frozen and I still don't have electricity!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »

Sorry Drew...anthropogenic warming is real.  Yes, it sucks to have to deal with it during a recession...but it's the responsible thing to do.   peace

Some scientist say it does and some scientist say it doesn't. The earth's temperatures have continued to rise and fall over the past 4.5 billion years.

When considering the merits, motivations and evidence both camps have presented, it's always very  generous  towards the naysayers to actually give them so much credit that you consider it some sort of a " maybee maybe not!!" -dilemma.
I-have-an-agenda - scientists denying it happening are very similiar to historians denying holocaust.About as credible too.

Did u just compare the Holocaust to Global Warming? nervous

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »

Global warming deniers are little different than creationists, IDiots, flat earthers, 9/11 truthers, geocentrists, and other crack pots in that they rely on half-truths, mis-truths, and out rights lies to deceive a public that is generally ignorant of scientific methods. One need look no further than this thread to recognize that they are succeeding in their agenda.

Perhaps anecdotal, but is it a coincidence that vast majority of all "deniers" are godbotting morons?

I don't think anyone is denying Global Warming. I just don't believe we are gonna walk outside one day and disintegrate.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »

how did that Y2K workout for everybody?

My bank accounts are still frozen and I still don't have electricity!

Were there mounds of evidence backed with scientific method when such predictions were being made?

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »

I just think GW is half truth mixed with a lot of paranoia and fear.

U can take any story, surround it with facts and it makes the entire story appear true because there are a lot of truth elements mixed in.

Sure there are truths in the GW, I agree about taking care of the environment and all that. To think the earth will cease to exist though, for me is hard to believe.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »

To think the earth will cease to exist though, for me is hard to believe.

If you think more floods and different weather than what you're used to is not a big deal, then by all means keep making fun of it.

The so called paranoia and fear is the worst case scenario.

In some cases, even the worst case scenario didn't come close to reality. Remember Katrina?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:52 PM »

With all due respect to the Katrina victims, most of that was due to the levee's breaking and not necessarily the actual hurricane. Correct me If I am wrong, but the weak levee's caused a lot of the havoc on Louisiana.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »

I don't think anyone is denying Global Warming. I just don't believe we are gonna walk outside one day and disintegrate.

This isn't about the we or the now . It's about the future.

Think about all those half man / sheep grandkids of ur's

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: