Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Top 100 LIVING Songwriters list, From Paste Magazine...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top 100 LIVING Songwriters list, From Paste Magazine...  (Read 5038 times)
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 05:42:38 AM »

What are you talking about?Huh? The 3 you mentioned (Prince, McCartney and Springsteen) all have recent albums THAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN. Prince has one this year and Springsteen had one last year. I can't remember if Pauls newest album came out last year or 2004, but it doesn't matter.? It sounds like you have a personal issue with Bob Dylan or that he's hurt your feelings in the past, is that true?? AND I can't believe someone above actually said that if anyone here listens to anyone in the top 10, other than Prince, then we are "way too boring to listen to music."? You're an idiot. You're basically saying that almost every person in this forum is boring because I GUARANTEE you that most of us can pick out something in the top 10 that we do listen to.? I listen to the Beatles and Paul is in the Beatles, so am I too boring to listen to music or just not as dumb as you??? Neil Young is in the top 10, so is everyone that listens to Neil Young boring??? I have every Neil Young album and love his music, so I guess I'm just a boring son of a bitch.? I do like Prince but after hearing your comment, I feel bad he has you for a fan.

Are you still talking to me?  I never said that all the top 10 artists are boring, that was someone else.

I didn't realise those 3 were still recording albums, that's good for them.  I never liked Prince or Springsteen, but credit where it's due to McCartney.

I have no grudge against Dylan but he doesn't belong on the top of that list, ahead of Neil Young.  I don't really rate him as a songwriter to be honest, his songs tend to be ruined by violins and poor lyrics.  If Syd Barrett thinks he's the king then maybe I should give him more of a chance but the albums i've heard have not impressed me.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »

I have no grudge against Dylan but he doesn't belong on the top of that list, ahead of Neil Young.  I don't really rate him as a songwriter to be honest, his songs tend to be ruined by violins and poor lyrics. 

Poor lyrics?? Oh my god! Bob Dylan may be one of the greatest poets of the 20th century, and maybe of all times

Take that back imediately
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »

Make me. hihi
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »

What are you talking about?Huh  The 3 you mentioned (Prince, McCartney and Springsteen) all have recent albums THAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN. Prince has one this year and Springsteen had one last year. I can't remember if Pauls newest album came out last year or 2004, but it doesn't matter.  It sounds like you have a personal issue with Bob Dylan or that he's hurt your feelings in the past, is that true?? AND I can't believe someone above actually said that if anyone here listens to anyone in the top 10, other than Prince, then we are "way too boring to listen to music."  You're an idiot. You're basically saying that almost every person in this forum is boring because I GUARANTEE you that most of us can pick out something in the top 10 that we do listen to.  I listen to the Beatles and Paul is in the Beatles, so am I too boring to listen to music or just not as dumb as you??  Neil Young is in the top 10, so is everyone that listens to Neil Young boring??  I have every Neil Young album and love his music, so I guess I'm just a boring son of a bitch.  I do like Prince but after hearing your comment, I feel bad he has you for a fan.

Are you still talking to me?  I never said that all the top 10 artists are boring, that was someone else.

I didn't realise those 3 were still recording albums, that's good for them.  I never liked Prince or Springsteen, but credit where it's due to McCartney.

I have no grudge against Dylan but he doesn't belong on the top of that list, ahead of Neil Young.  I don't really rate him as a songwriter to be honest, his songs tend to be ruined by violins and poor lyrics.  If Syd Barrett thinks he's the king then maybe I should give him more of a chance but the albums i've heard have not impressed me.

No, no, no, no... I know that wasn't you that said that shit about the top 10 artists. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough, but if you re-read it, you'll know I wasn't talking about you.  Anyway, I think you are just listening to the wrong Dylan albums.  Listen to his albums through the 60's and most of the 70's.  I really think you would enjoy them.  The older albums have amazing lyrics and are all mostly just acoustic guitar and nothing else, besides his harmonica.  PM me if you would like me to send you some old Dylan.  I wouldn't have a problem with that at all. So, Syd thinks that Dylan is the king huh??  Syd Barrett is fucking great and you should listen to him and PM me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 02:28:12 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:39 PM »

not such a great list,in my opinion, some people who they should have included on this list:

conor oberst (bright eyes)
jim ward (sparta)
rivers cuomo (weezer)
eddie vedder(pearl jam)
dave grohl (foo fighters)
anthony kiedis (rhcp)
jerry cantrell (alice in chains)
chino moreno (deftones)
maynard james keenan (tool, apc)
mike ness (social distortion)
ian gillian (deep purple)

AND of course Axl & Izzy should be at the top of this list!!!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: