Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Business 101 - Merch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Business 101 - Merch  (Read 1055 times)
hoosiers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 25, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »

Just thinking after seeing the official merch thread.  Obviously touring can make money, and *some* merchandise is available onsite at the venues.  Then you have actual CD sales.  Everyone wonders whey we don't hear more "official' announcements or offical web site updates.  Wouldn't you think at a VERY basic level that if you really wanted to advertise and get "the next big thing" rolling quite appropriately that you'd have better business 101 skills?  I mean in all reality if programs, posters, web site update, and offical merchandise were available don't you think GNR would be making a killing?  And twofold advertising the hell out of itself through word of mouth/clothing?  Seems to me in so many of the "Axl's so smart and not dumb" in how he works this all out that there is a missing piece here that is just so obvious.  Maybe it's too premature for this though?

I mean look at the venues they're playing and do the math.  Some of the pics from tonight's show makes it readily apparent that there's SO SO SO much more money to be had here.  What gives?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »

Hmmm, maybe, just maybe, Axl cares more about the music than whoring the GNR name around for extra cash.

That said, yeah, on a personal level, I want some new merch., but that's just me.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: