Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227854 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 60495 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:26 PM »

U think thats bad?

I had Donnie Avery on my bench in another league!!!!!!!!

I am still gonna squeak out a win, but tiebreakers come down to pts though

worst of all, i started Reggie Brown over him. How dumb.

even worse than that, I had Avery in my starting lineup till 30 minutes before kick off and changed it.

Avery ended up with like 40pts or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »

Hell, I lost in one league this week by five points all because I forgot to change my kicker. I had Ryan Longwell, who was on a bye, and I picked up Joe Nedney, who ended up with like 11 points or something, and yet I forgot to make that final step and actually insert him into the starting line-up. Total brain fart on my part.

Oh well, at least I think I squeaked out a nice come-from-behind victory tonight over D. I don't have StatTracker, so I don't know for sure, but according to my calculations I won by maybe 4 points or so, all thanks to that last TD by Manning. It wasn't looking good for me at halftime when White had negative rushing yards and nothing else, but luckily he got those two goal-line TDs. I hope I at least won by more than 2, because that would mean D lost simply because Manning's last TD was a rushing TD (6 pts) instead of a passing TD (4 pts).

But my dumbass probably calculated wrong somehow and I've actually lost and don't know it.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »

You were right, you won by 5.  What's with PaSnow running the table so far?  A little luck involved there I think.  He won a couple weeks in a row with guys on bye weeks in his lineup.  Favorable scheduling?  I've resorted myself to playing the spoiler role.  I hope PaSnow wins this week so I have a shot at knocking him from the unbeaten ranks the following week.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

hopefully i can be the one to stop pasnow

man i squeaked out that win...dallas clark needed to get 24 points for Coma to beat me...he got 21  nervous

i need to run the table from here on out to have a shot at playoffs

and damn hasselbeck is prolly out again so that blows cuz its rivers bye week rant

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2008, 05:05:52 PM »

Had i not made that last trade and kept Manning and Lendale, Id be rolling!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »

big game this week D...we'll see if Ward or Jacobs screws over their former team  hihi

sandman
Legend

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »

Penus is tearing it up!  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2008, 04:11:24 PM »

Penus is tearing it up!  hihi

How ironic is it...in the draft, Penus stole my Johnson!  Dammit to hell!  The computer gave me Gostkowski when I was kicked off the draft.  I wanted Chris Johnson, only the leading rusher in the AFC right now.   rant
fucking computers.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »

I know it's sort of last minute (2 hours before kickoff), but I've got a bunch of WR's who are about equal and can't figure out which ones to start.  Right now I have G. Jennings, B. Edwards, and L. Moore starting (I have to start 3).  On my bench I have D. Jackson, S. Breaston, and D. Avery.  I pretty much rule Avery out since the Rams offense sucks.  Breaston, Moore, and Jackson are all on pass first teams.  Edwards has that big play ability but hasn't had a great year AND Brady Quinn completely forgot about him last game.  Any suggestions?  For now I'm sticking with what I got.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2008, 11:50:08 PM »

^receiver whore!  hihi 

sorry, I wasn't here to post my advice...but judging from my team's performance, you're probably better off! 

Steven Jackson's kicking my ass in another league.  Who's his back-up?  Earnest Graham!  crying

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:29 AM »

^receiver whore!  hihi 

sorry, I wasn't here to post my advice...but judging from my team's performance, you're probably better off! 

Steven Jackson's kicking my ass in another league.  Who's his back-up?  Earnest Graham!  crying
I know, I'm filled with solid WR's, but am REALLY lacking a 2nd RB.  I tried desperately to make a trade before the deadline last week but they were all denied, so I'm pretty much screwed.  I have M. Barber, who finally reappeared tonight.  I have Deuce McAllister but his time is pretty much done with Bush due back soon, plus Pierre Woods outperforming him anyway.  I have Leon Washington, yeah that's right, and that's it.  The waiver wire is lacking too.  Antonio Pittman, Fargas, D. Ward, A. Bradshaw, S. Young, T. Bell.  Not much help in sight.  So from here on out I'll have to GUESS which WR's to start (I made the right decisions today), and hope someone drops a RB or a surprise FA emerges.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »

May I vent?  In another league, I've got 4 running backs:  Peterson (good), S-Jax (bad-injured), and Graham and McAlister (out for season and "being phased out")

The very bad news is we are past the point of add-drops/trades.  Rosters are set.  Oh well.  We are allowed to start 1 rb and 3wr's as well as 2 wrs and 2 rbs.  I've got R. Moss, Colston, V Jackson, and Chambers. 

Friggin Graham's injury really hurt.  crying

In HTGTH's league, Jessica Alba's feeling good, not great.  I'll be playing Rodgers for both my fantasy teams, let's light it up Aaron!!!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2008, 08:19:38 PM »

You can't add or drop players anymore?  What if your team has a rash of injuries and you can't fill a full lineup?  I understand trades, but no more transactions of any kind?  I don't think I like the sound of that.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:06 PM »

it's a tough rule, but everybody has to deal with it.  one year I made the mistake of deciding to go with only one kicker...hell, I figured no prob!  He's the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL!  Yeah, Vanderjagt.  crying  F'ing cut and nobody picked him up.  That guy must be a complete jack-ass of a guy to be that talented and ignored by many teams with kickers not half as talented.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »

I made a couple shitty trades that really put me under. LJ getting suspended, westbrook breaking a rib.... just shitty stuff.

what sucks is, In 3 other leagues, I am in first in one, and 2nd in the other 2 and I lead the league in total overall points in all three.

This league, I just fucked up trading Jacobs and White.

Scheduling is big also, sometimes u get the wrong people on the wrong week and lose.

theres a guy in one of my leagues, fucker is 10-1 and his team barely breaks 100 every week. He has Leron McCain, and the backup for the Rams as RBs, he had Graham till he got hurt and he has Lance Moore as his W/R

He has had the huge luck of the draw so far but he has me this week and on the projected pts, it has me winning 140 to 105.

I got

QB Kurt Warner
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Chris Chambers
WR Ted Ginn JR/Kevin Curtis
TE Schaincothe or however u spell it
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Adrian Peterson
RB: Larry Johnson

Bench
Deuce McCallister
Donnie Avery

Defense
Philly and Baltimore

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »

I am getting my ass-kicked in fantasy football this year. I got 4 teams, one is in the play-off hunt, the other 3 have 4 wins combined.  hihi Usually almost all my teams make the play-offs, so its wierd for me to suck this bad. My predictions at the begining of the season have been way off also. Just a wierd year for me on all fronts. I have been wrong on almost everything and thats not usually the case.

I did take some risks with players but never had such a lack of production from my fantasy teams. Hopefully I have better luck next year.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »

I've clinched a playoff spot in Shackler's Revenge. Had I not traded Larry Johnson at just the right time and gotten Peyton Manning and Lendale White in return (a trade everybody thought I got the worst of at the time) I'd be near the bottom of the standings.

I'll need luck if I'm going to win the championship, though. There's at least three other teams in there that I'll have a hard time outscoring.

As far as my other leagues go, I've done really well this season. There's one league where I have Addai and Ryan Grant, so I've struggled most of the season, but they've finally got it going as of late and I'm on a three game winning streak. It's probably too little too late, though.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:39:35 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
gilee7
VIP

« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2008, 01:37:12 PM »

Oh, and btw, do any of you guys also play that Salary Cap Football game on Yahoo?? I just realized I'm currently ranked number one overall on there!!!! I don't know how many people play that game, but it's at least several thousand, so that's pretty fucking cool to be number one!! Too bad I don't win anything ...

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2008, 06:49:59 PM »

^ Gilee, nice work out there.  Yep, I've already admitted I was wrong!  Nice trade.  beer
watch out for Jessica Alba...hopefully the Earnest Graham injury won't hurt me too much.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »

That is pretty sweet gilee.  #1 in ALL the land.

Yeah I now admit you made a GREAT move.  I was wrong.  And you did it absolutely at the best time.  LJ looked like the LJ of old for 2 weeks and you sold high, since then he's bottomed out.  I'm in one league with a bunch of friends and one of them was doing quite well, 1 game out of first I believe.  But he had the most overall points.  He went and made a couple of risky trades, one for LJ right before he got suspended.  Needless to say, they didn't work out.  I don't think he's won since, he's now fighting for a playoff spot. 

In the same league I made a trade that turned my season around.  At the time EVERYONE in the league thought I was an idiot for making the trade.  I had Westbrook and Colston who were hurt at the time, and my QB situation was a mess (Delhomme, Hasselbeck, O'Sullivan).  I offered Westbrook, Lance Moore, and Eddie Royal for Warner, Steve Smith, and Sammy Morris.  I haven't used Morris at all, but Warner is having an MVP type season and Smith has done pretty well.  It really worked out well for both teams as both Moore and Royal have kept up their solid play.  I also picked up T. Gonzalez up off of waivers (someone dropped him during the Chiefs bye week).  I had drafted Shockey, but had to drop him when he got hurt.  I could've picked him back up and was tempted because the Saints offense is so much better than the Chiefs.  But I think I made the right choice.  I lost the first week after the trade, but haven't lost since then running off 5 straight wins after starting 2-4.  I'm in a 4 way tie for 2nd right now, but win the tiebreaker with overall points, thanks to Warner.  The guy I traded with lost the first 2 games after the trade (1 Westbrook sat out, 1 was the Eagles bye week).  But since then he's won 4 straight and is part of the 4 way tie.  So far it's been a win-win, which is rare.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: