Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 06:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227953 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH On DUFF's Reunion With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Doesn't Really Concern Me'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH On DUFF's Reunion With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Doesn't Really Concern Me'  (Read 18008 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »

i would love to see somebody just ask him why is Axl ok with you and not Slash? why not all of you back with GNR?

but Duff is all class

Yeah, it's because Duff is classy that he wouldn't answer that classless (and provocative, hackneyed, and cliched) question you'd "love" to hear answered.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:52:48 PM by Bridge » Logged
overmatik
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 11:14:24 PM »

i would love to see somebody just ask him why is Axl ok with you and not Slash? why not all of you back with GNR?

but Duff is all class

Yeah, it's because Duff is classy that he wouldn't answer that classless (and provocative, hackneyed, and cliched) question you'd "love" to hear answered.

Axl and Duff are living the moment, and are enjoying their friendship again. There is no reason to talk about the past and I don't think Slash is brought up in any of their conversations.

By the way, if anyone has any doubt about whether Slash is happy or not with his solo career, just try and watch any of the Ernie Ball videos showing the making of his next record. The guy is having a blast with the Conspirators and he is developing a very close artistic relationship with Myles. He controls all aspects of his life now.  peace
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:19:01 PM by overmatik » Logged
fanfzero
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »

Slash didn't mind playing with axl at rock n roll hall of fame, but axl refused to play and slash said that all hope is gone for a reunion
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

When Duff finally speaks ...it will be very interesting as to what he says about this experience...

but Duff is all class and he wont ever throw either of them under the bus

Axl said in 2009:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.
I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me."

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »

Axl and Duff are living the moment, and are enjoying their friendship again. There is no reason to talk about the past and I don't think Slash is brought up in any of their conversations.

Duff was captured on video (now on youtube) recently saying that he does not ever bring up Slash when he is conversing with Axl.  He says he "knows his boundaries" and knows what not to say.

Slash is happy or not with his solo career.... He controls all aspects of his life now

Yeah, and "controls" is the operative word.  With Axl and Scott out of his life, he no longer has to suffer the lead singer syndrome where his life was constantly controlled by an external source.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Duff was captured on video (now on youtube) recently saying that he does not ever bring up Slash when he is conversing with Axl.  He says he "knows his boundaries" and knows what not to say.

Can you post a link to that video ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:41 PM »

Can you post a link to that video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NpM9w8k9M

It's Audio only, the question "what did you talk about with Axl" comes in at 1:40, and involves Duff being asked if Slash was mentioned.
GNR1982
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »

This is such a shame, I still have so many hopes for the big reunion and I just know its just not going to happen but I am always hoping they will do it one day just for the fans and to bury whatever the real deal is with those guys.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »

This is such a shame, I still have so many hopes for the big reunion and I just know its just not going to happen but I am always hoping they will do it one day just for the fans and to bury whatever the real deal is with those guys.

Don't sweat it.  A longing for a full reunion of Slash, Axl, Steven, Duff, and Izzy will always be lingering in the hearts of many fans.  It won't ever matter how improbable (or impossible) it may seem.  Hell, I can remember the days of the early 90s, when I was just hoping like hell Steven Adler would clean up, and that he'd probably be back in 1995 or so, and we'd have a true reunion then!  Didn't exactly work out that way.   hihi  But when I saw that Axl was performing with a new lineup in 2001, and Slash was touring with Slash's Snakepit, I knew they wouldn't be back together.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »

Duff is kind of being a bitch and I love Duff. Being scared to ask your long time friend a question is bullshit. Duff will talk Axl with Slash. But won't talk Slash with Axl. So silly and in a way spineless. I guess Axl was right when he called Duff spineless long ago.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »

Duff is kind of being a bitch and I love Duff. Being scared to ask your long time friend a question is bullshit. Duff will talk Axl with Slash. But won't talk Slash with Axl. So silly and in a way spineless. I guess Axl was right when he called Duff spineless long ago.

Not half as spineless as talking shit behind someone's back on the fucking internet, because you wouldn't say that to Duff's face.

And you have your facts wrong.  Axl didn't call Duff spineless.  Axl CLAIMED that Slash called Duff spineless in a 2005 press release.  Whether or not Slash actually said that is something we won't ever know, but it's different than Axl calling Duff spineless.

How do you know that Duff "talks Axl" with Slash?  You're just talking turkey there, because you have no idea what they talk about.  Besides, Axl is obviously not anywhere near as much a sore point with Slash, as vice versa.  You obviously can't understand that Duff was being RESPECTFUL to Axl when not mentioning Slash.  Duff knows that -- right or wrong -- Slash is a sore subject to Axl, and so he didn't bring Slash up.  Duff wasn't "scared to ask a question", because there was no question to be asked!  Based on what Duff said, I'm sure it seemed unimportant (and pointless) anyway to bring up Slash when mending fences with Axl.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:53:02 AM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Not half as spineless as talking shit behind someone's back on the fucking internet, because you wouldn't say that to Duff's face.

And you have your facts wrong.  Axl didn't call Duff spineless.  Axl CLAIMED that Slash called Duff spineless in a 2005 press release.  Whether or not Slash actually said that is something we won't ever know, but it's different than Axl calling Duff spineless.

How do you know that Duff "talks Axl" with Slash?  You're just talking turkey there, because you have no idea what they talk about.  Besides, Axl is obviously not anywhere near as much a sore point with Slash, as vice versa.  You obviously can't understand that Duff was being RESPECTFUL to Axl when not mentioning Slash.  Duff knows that -- right or wrong -- Slash is a sore subject to Axl, and so he didn't bring Slash up.  Duff wasn't "scared to ask a question", because there was no question to be asked!  Based on what Duff said, I'm sure it seemed unimportant (and pointless) anyway to bring up Slash when mending fences with Axl.
I agree with Bridge on all counts here. 

It seems the only ones who place any value on Duff trying to help Axl mend fences with Slash are those still holding out hope for a reunion.  I don't understand why it's so understand that Duff and Axl can have a friendship that exists outside independently of Slash.

Ali
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: