Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:36:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006  (Read 178347 times)
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »

Well I cant believe it...The show started exactly on time!

Gr8 show especially Nightrain and Paradise City..

Too many guitar solos really destroyed any momentum that was building up.

nobody really knew the new songs.

Sound was fairly good I thought, difficult to hear the solos at times.

They only played Madagascar, Better and the Blues of the new songs..

Bach came on for My Michelle as expected

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
robz150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #641 on: June 09, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »

They caught me by suprise coming on early I missed Welcome and its so easy no

Sweet Child/Paradise/YCBM/Patience/Michelle/Nightrain/November got the best reception

It went dead for the "New songs" nobody seemed to know them or care although better got a bit of a reaction. baz livened it up a bit too.

Axl wrapped an Irish flag around himself for a couple of songs. He walked around close to the crowd for a bit as well.

Nothing major to report. My third GNR show 1992,2002 the others. I enjoyed this one but the previous 2 were better. I kind of knew what to expect after seeing the Rio stream. Axl's voice sounded great for most of it as well.

Later,

Rob
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #642 on: June 09, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »

just home from the gig all songs were peformed great axl had great stage presence and sang great everybody agreeded that but he kept running off stage and leaving the band on stage on their owne that was ok back in the the day when you had another 5  rocks star to keep crowd the looking at the / idles but everybody was there just  to see axl every time the gig started to build up he would run off and there woud be a a solo and the crowd just  didnt want to know  it was like" where is he gone or hes not gone again " the gig in leeds was beter for me not because he sang better or that the band were better but because he didnt run off as much  4 am now going to bed 
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #643 on: June 09, 2006, 11:27:45 PM »

ron was great by the way he won the crowd over for the new guy he was the most acepted but to most ot the people there they were all ney guys
delvis
Opening Act

Kizza Me

« Reply #644 on: June 10, 2006, 01:42:48 AM »

just home from the gig all songs were peformed great axl had great stage presence and sang great everybody agreeded that but he kept running off stage and leaving the band on stage on their owne that was ok back in the the day when you had another 5  rocks star to keep crowd the looking at the / idles but everybody was there just  to see axl every time the gig started to build up he would run off and there woud be a a solo and the crowd just  didnt want to know  it was like" where is he gone or hes not gone again " the gig in leeds was beter for me not because he sang better or that the band were better but because he didnt run off as much  4 am now going to bed 

punctuation is great!!!
gnr2k6
« Reply #645 on: June 10, 2006, 04:37:53 AM »

well im not gonna be negative ,
the show was amazing -and i mean amazing ,the best gig ever.
i was right at the front and i thought people did know the new songs as i wasnt the only 1 signing and axl knew it as he kept smiling and was havin a blast.
oh yeah ...bumblefoot is amazing!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2006, 04:41:25 AM »

don't be such a penis, delvis.

thx for the mini review vinnylyons.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2006, 04:43:11 AM »

still no chinese democracy ? damn

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2006, 05:18:32 AM »

how many people were there???

I have never seen so many tree
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2006, 05:35:53 AM »

Unbelievable the show fucking started on time....I was waiting for a support group and suddenly i heard Jungle Shocked They started 8.00 PM and finished 10.15...

Most people weren't in their seats and into the arena cause they didin't expect Gnr to start on time...Suddenly people were rashing to catch the show..

Excellent show...The best show i have been so far...Axl was in a great mood...The band was very tight...

anythinggoes
« Reply #650 on: June 10, 2006, 06:12:47 AM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=85OIPXY2

126 pictures from Dublin last night
5 videos

watch the LALD one for the cheesiest grin ever by a fan at the end  hihi

im of to download now if someone would be kind enough to download this and upload the good pics for all that would be so great 55mb file
vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #651 on: June 10, 2006, 06:30:33 AM »

i was pissed  beer
IrishGunner
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2006, 08:27:04 AM »

Gig was Great, Met Ron again (met him after the london show) after the gig, He had a Curry tray again,
Really nice guy,
Also met a friend of Dizzy in the pit he brought my ticket back stage to get signed, cool or what !

He told me a few things about US TOUR.... Hope it's true.....  It would be AMAZING if......
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »

where did everyone end up? we managed to get a seat in the horse show lounge for the germany game.

a lot of people were caught out by axl arriving on time. there were still thousands at the bar/concession area. i missed the first 3 songs, but was still able to manouvre my way to the second/third row at the front of the divide just to the right of the camera. pretty good crowd there and a few (mostly girls - and can i just say, i think gnr female fans are hotter than any other bands fans save maybe the strokes) were singing along to the new tunes. of course there were a few dublin arseholes (and dublin people are easily the most tone deaf fuckers in the country), but generally it was a terrific crowd who were just happy to see axl.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2006, 09:36:03 AM »

well have to say even i was impressed lol axl really did sound great, and everyone in the band looked as if they were having a great time

its a pity they did actually come on stage on time, i sat in the pub til half 7 with a few people i met, it was cool puting faces on a few names from the site, and by that stage there were still hundreds of people outside who would probably would have missed the start, and there was even a few thousand in the second stage area that would have missed the start.

i watched WTTJ and ISE from the back before forcing my way up to the barrier between the main crowd and the pit where i watched the rest of the show

even the band were laughing about been on early, axl was trying to block out the sun and was asking the crowd what it was, saying he never seen it before

as the crowd started chanting ole ole axl tried to do his own version of riverdance (stick to the singing lol)

i think iv found a new respect for dizzy reed, i loved his solo before the blues, thought it was really cool, hope some has a good recording it, i actually enjoyed all the solos/intros, a few people were complaing that it broke up the momentum but i think most didnt mind, it was actually nice to have a breather every now and then as thing were a bit mental

i like better and madagascar too, tho i dont think they should have played them together, not enough of the crowd knew them and at times i thought i was the only one that knew them cos it was quiet

axl introduced his "future cellmate" sebastian bach who got a good reception

axl was haned an irish flag and got a great response when he wrapped it round him, he also went off stage and high 5 a load of fans at the front

i was disapointed when they played nightrain cos i knew they were about to finish the show, i couldnt believe they time had went so quick

i thought the best recieved songs were YCBM and Paradise city, the place went nuts during them

i tried recording som on my fone but it was mayhem and they didnt come out well, i did get a bit of patience which wasnt too bad, its not me singing in it and about 20 seconds in to it you can here me shouting fuck as someone crowd surfing landed on top of me lol http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SVIYUZ2W

all in all a great show and cant have any complaint, roll on manchester
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2006, 09:43:05 AM »

i think iv found a new respect for dizzy reed, i loved his solo before the blues, thought it was really cool,

id forgot all about that until you mentioned it there now and now my memory is refreshed i have to agree wholeheartedly. he made the tune.

and about the finishing time - i seem to recall a time of 10 minutes past 10 when they came out for the encore or finished the encore (cant quite remember) which i found a bit disappointing. i was hoping for a two song encore. but... it was a great show. and the only real complaint i have is that it just left me wanting more, even though i was physically and emotionally drained. i was a complete wreck by the end of the show and all i wanted was to see them again!

velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »

Just wanna say I thought Axl was on top form last night -- great WAAAAAAYYY better than I thought he'd be. Have wanted to see GNR for so long and it was great!!!

My only complaint about the gig was the guitar solos that were played - I thought they killed the momentum of the gig, especially half way through. Fair enough if its Slash or Izzy playing a solo - they are legendary musicans, but when its guys that most people dont know, it doesnt work. Not that the new guys were bad or anything but they just aint Slash.

Thought My Michelle was excellent. As was Nightrain (despite it been fucked up), Paradise City, You Could be Mine, Patience and November Rain. Also though You Better (think thats what its called) was great.
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #657 on: June 10, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »

Took the words right out my mouth. To say Axl was on top form is an understatment. My jaw hit the floor when he burst into Jungle and he managed to keep it up all night too.

On top of that the band were amazing, I have a new respect for the new GN'R after that show. You can tell just by looking at them onstage how well they have gel-ed as a band.

And to anyone who thinks Axl does'nt run around like he used to anymore, all i'd say to you is, you should have been in dublin!  beer
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »

Just back from Dublin now.

Wow I'm shattered. Was long day yesterday as I'm sure many others experienced.

Loved the gig, really good hearing GN'R music live and hearing the great roar that Axl has.

I know that ppl are moaning about hearing most of AFD but every single one of them that was played (8 i think?) the crowd went nuts, definitely more than the UYI stuff really (YCBM excepted) so I think atm you can't remove them easily. Although slightly gutted about Rocket Queen. Great performance, think Better was one of the song of the day, maybe not really noticed as most of the crowd wouldn't know it, and I think Blues and Maddy fell a bit victim to that too.
Hopefully next time they're in Europe after CD is out that'll change.
And I agree with the solos losing the momentum gathering, saw a lot of ppl going for a beer or whatever then.

But loved the music, crowd was boisterous and Axl was in good spirits and his vocals were tremnedous, I think better from what I've seen on the UYI videos.

Can't wait for part 2 for me in Glasgow.

Btw, I was the guy in a novelty size Guinness hat. Hope I didn't block anyone's view!
Brendan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

i think iv found a new respect for dizzy reed, i loved his solo before the blues, thought it was really cool, hope some has a good recording it, i actually enjoyed all the solos/intros, a few people were complaing that it broke up the momentum but i think most didnt mind, it was actually nice to have a breather every now and then as thing were a bit mental

Got to agree with you there. At least some of the solos were needed to catch a breath. Maybe it was just the area were were in. I checked out your Patience vid and I must of been pretty close to where you were, but all sorts of moshing and crowd surfing broke out in that area. Two guys even started to get into a fight just after WTTJ  ffs Smiley then some guy calmed them down.

Overall the show was amazing, Axl sounded incredible and so did the rest of the band. He was all over the stage and he even came down in front during Madagascar to touch hands with all the fans in front.

I know some people are kind of getting sick of the same setlist but I think they done the right thing and not play too many new songs, although I personally would of liked to of heard the others, 90% of the people there would of never heard the new songs so they would get a bit pissed and enjoyed singing along with all the old songs they already know. Better seemed to be very well received from the crowds reaction to it. I think the biggest surprise of the event for me was them taking to the stage right on time. I was sitting on the pitch and all of a sudden I hear the intro music they played and I jumped up and worked my way up through the crowd as close as I could get.

I was looking forward to hearing Better and Madagascar live and I'm glad the two were played. Chinese Democracy would of bee cool to hear and the new intro sounds really good and the song itself seems improved.

Some other things I noticed during the show was when The Band including Axl first took the stage I think he said something like "now this is a rock show", before he broke into "Do you know where the fuck you are!?!?". something similar to what he said at Budapest before Mr. Brownstone.

I think 2 or 3 songs in it looked like someone threw a beany toy or something on stage and he said something about it. Then he threw it and gave it a big kick in the air. After ISO or Mr. Brownstone he said it was like Ice skating on stage and he was slipping and sliding up there. During KOHD someone threw up an Irish flag with G&R in the centre of it and he tied it onto himself like a cape for the rest of the song.
People started chanting ol? ol? at one stage and Axl crossed his arms and pretended to do some Irish Dancing.

He said something like "I'm Melting!" in reference to the sun as commented on how he's usually not out this early.

He introduced Baz as his future cellmate and when baz came out he asked how everyone was doing, wondered if we liked Alcohol here in Ireland and asked if we had an Appetite for Destruction, then they both went into My Michelle.

Axl said he was gonna play something Acoustic and when Richard was getting setup with the Acoustic Guitar, Axl started to simulate the banjo music from Deliverance. The whole crowd joined in with him and he kept it going for about half a min.

All in All a great show. Axl and the band were in a great mood. When he sort of messed up the blues toward the end he made a big smile to the band after. The solo's could probably be a bit shorter and most of the crowd did find them a bit boring from my perspective. Ron's seemed to of gone on for what felt like 10 mins, but I think he played the entire Don't Cry on the guitar?
It was great to see them live in Ireland after them not being here since Slane and I look forward to seeing them live again soon.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: