Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:05:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227923 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR found to have best comeback tour of the past decade
AdZ and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR found to have best comeback tour of the past decade  (Read 887 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: April 30, 2024, 02:42:51 PM »

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-pulled-off-greatest-comeback-tour-of-past-decade-study

Beat Bieber even. Interesting methodology.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:58:55 AM »

They have a very strong case.

Back after a 20 plus year layoff, and it was right to stadiums.  Face it, the GNR name on its own wasn't moving tickets anymore.  You don't do "Up Close And Personal" by choice.

But in addition to the ambitious scope, I don't really recall a bad review either.  They ranged from "pretty good" to "that was fuckin' awesome".  And I mean proper reviews, not just online fan comments.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:14:51 PM »

Face it, the GNR name on its own wasn't moving tickets anymore.  You don't do "Up Close And Personal" by choice.

Do you think finishing an arena tour just 1.5 months before the 2012 UCAP leg started had anything to do with it? Or the fact that there was a booked European tour in the summer?

Just curious to hear your take on this.

Before you make claims that I'm saying GN'R in 2012 was as successful as GN'R in 2016, I didn't. I just don't buy your simplistic view. True, GN'R often played for bigger audiences outside of the US.

But it's worth remembering that GN'R didn't do a proper headlining stadium tour in the USA until 2016. They co-headlined stadiums in the US in 1992. Meanwhile the summer 1992 and 1993 tours in Europe were mostly in outdoor stadiums. So in your words, GN'R didn't move tickets in the USA in the early 90s like they did elsewhere. And this was the biggest hard rock band on the planet.

I find that a bit puzzling to be honest. Knowing how big and talked about the band's shows on the UYI tour were.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: Today at 03:36:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: