Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 5 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 5 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena  (Read 65110 times)
yesterdaysgun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »

it has nothing to do with your seating. Event code is where the event is taking place.

As long as your tix show your seat location and number(if applicable) you shouldn't have a problem. beer

man I hope this show sells out(or close to it) soon! nervous

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2006, 07:20:13 PM »

Hello fellow Jersey show partiers!  I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at the Meadowlands who gave me some helpful information.  I was calling to see if I can return my Reserved Parking ticket that I bought at TicketMaster's checkout.  For $20 you too can park inside and not be allowed to tailgate/drink/hang out.  I understand the need for an area like this...but it would be nice of them to label it appropriately as a "Family Area," or, "No Fun Zone."  Long story short, if I send back the parking ticket by certified mail, before the show, they can cancel it and refund my money for it.  Pretty cool.  I can get an extra concert tee.   yes
  She told me lots 21 and 22 are the outdoor, regular lots where we can tail-gate.  Now, apparently, these lots are not the same as the football stadium's parking so that's pretty good, parking should be available.  22 is by Gate A, and 21 is between Gates B and C.
The other interesting fact she told me was that if you get there early enough, they won't even charge for parking.  I found that hard to believe, but I asked several times, and she said they probably won't have anyone charging at that gate before 4 or 5. 
  Personally, I was hoping to get there around the start of the Giants game at 1.  Eat, drink, relax, maybe toss around a football.
  I still think a Plan B is a good idea in case the info. I got was bad.
  One last thing, I've got to get a pic with the man...no, not Axl...Jarmo!!!  What kind of beer do you like Jarmo?    peace     

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2006, 07:25:18 PM »

it has nothing to do with your seating. Event code is where the event is taking place.

As long as your tix show your seat location and number(if applicable) you shouldn't have a problem. beer

man I hope this show sells out(or close to it) soon! nervous

I'm not so sure about your answer about the event code.  I've seen event code 1x, 2x, and 5x, all for the same Meadowlands show.   Huh

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »

One last thing, I've got to get a pic with the man...no, not Axl...Jarmo!!!? What kind of beer do you like Jarmo?? ? peace? ? ?

hihi

Anything is fine, except Swedish beer or Carling from England....  Grin

Meaning lager beer...  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
yesterdaysgun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2006, 08:18:36 PM »

the event code is listed up top...what you are seeing is below the section/aisle area...mine says v1 ?1x - it's just the way they keep track of tickets.....the only thing that matters is your section location and seat number. Cool You either have GA Back or GA VIP Floor. that is listed on top horizontal part of the ticket under Section/Aisle.

All the other codes and numbers, etc mean squat to us...it's just the location that is important. beer
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »

One last thing, I've got to get a pic with the man...no, not Axl...Jarmo!!!? What kind of beer do you like Jarmo?? ? peace? ? ?

hihi

Anything is fine, except Swedish beer or Carling from England....? Grin

Meaning lager beer...? Wink

/jarmo

ice cold lager for Jarmo...done!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »

Yuengling!

Best lager in the US!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2006, 09:25:27 PM »

? Hello fellow Jersey show partiers!? I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at the Meadowlands who gave me some helpful information.? I was calling to see if I can return my Reserved Parking ticket that I bought at TicketMaster's checkout.? For $20 you too can park inside and not be allowed to tailgate/drink/hang out.? I understand the need for an area like this...but it would be nice of them to label it appropriately as a "Family Area," or, "No Fun Zone."? Long story short, if I send back the parking ticket by certified mail, before the show, they can cancel it and refund my money for it.? Pretty cool.? I can get an extra concert tee.? ?yes
? She told me lots 21 and 22 are the outdoor, regular lots where we can tail-gate.? Now, apparently, these lots are not the same as the football stadium's parking so that's pretty good, parking should be available.? 22 is by Gate A, and 21 is between Gates B and C.
The other interesting fact she told me was that if you get there early enough, they won't even charge for parking.? I found that hard to believe, but I asked several times, and she said they probably won't have anyone charging at that gate before 4 or 5.?
? Personally, I was hoping to get there around the start of the Giants game at 1.? Eat, drink, relax, maybe toss around a football.
? I still think a Plan B is a good idea in case the info. I got was bad.
? One last thing, I've got to get a pic with the man...no, not Axl...Jarmo!!!? What kind of beer do you like Jarmo?? ? peace? ? ?

Very helpful info, so I guess we should aim for one of these lots, I don't see why she would tell you something untrue, especially since she works at the venue-

Lot 21 looks good to me-

http://www.meadowlands.com/sharedimages/premiumparkingcaa.pdf

Now all we really need to do is work out some kind of cell phone chain for texting and such, I would think-
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

I'll be willing to send updates if thats what you guys mean? I did it for Vegas and it turned out well =)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2006, 10:20:55 PM »

Texting?  If anyone wants audio of a lunatic fan like myself screaming his ass off while jumping up and down, you've got your man!   hihi  I don't think texting would be physically possible for me at a GNR show.  Sorry.

Also, isn't Yuengling the oldest brewery in the United States?  Jarmo, is this your first trip to the United States?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2006, 10:22:15 PM »

Yes it is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:33 PM »

^^^Very cool.  Be sure to bring along some beautiful Swedish babes for your American fans!   hihi  Damn, I can't wait for this show!!!   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2006, 10:44:15 PM »

Texting?? If anyone wants audio of a lunatic fan like myself screaming his ass off while jumping up and down, you've got your man!? ?hihi? I don't think texting would be physically possible for me at a GNR show.? Sorry.

Also, isn't Yuengling the oldest brewery in the United States?? Jarmo, is this your first trip to the United States?

I actually meant texting so we could find each other in the parking lot. ? hihi

I am not gonna spend time pressing buttons and typing in the dark while my fav band is on! Grin
yesterdaysgun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2006, 12:01:34 AM »

^^^Very cool.? Be sure to bring along some beautiful Swedish babes for your American fans!? ?hihi? Damn, I can't wait for this show!!!? ?peace

swedish babes are alwas a bonus! beer
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »

I'm going on record to say that I will be at this show.
How do I get to Continental Airlines Arena by NJ Transit?

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »

I'm going on record to say that I will be at this show.
How do I get to Continental Airlines Arena by NJ Transit?

MNW

Public Transportation:
By Shuttle Bus:
The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan @ 8th Avenue and 41st Streets offers bus service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex for $20

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061010161145AAwNMXm

New Jersey Transit Bus 351 direct from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd Street & 8th Ave) to Continental Airlines Arena.

Be sure to buy a round trip ticket in the PABT before you start the trip.. the bus does not take cash.

Here is the PDF for bus 351-

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0351.pdf
Dalshime
Opening Act

Is she really going out with him?

« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2006, 11:19:29 AM »

You can put my name on the list for this show too. Can't wait to tailgate! beer
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2006, 07:05:19 PM »

You can put my name on the list for this show too. Can't wait to tailgate! beer

See ya there Dalshime.  This show is gonna rock!  10,000+ people for the 1st 2 shows of the tour!!!  Shuttin' the negative fucks up...sweet.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2006, 11:15:07 AM »

? Hello fellow Jersey show partiers!? I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at the Meadowlands who gave me some helpful information.? I was calling to see if I can return my Reserved Parking ticket that I bought at TicketMaster's checkout.? For $20 you too can park inside and not be allowed to tailgate/drink/hang out.? I understand the need for an area like this...but it would be nice of them to label it appropriately as a "Family Area," or, "No Fun Zone."? Long story short, if I send back the parking ticket by certified mail, before the show, they can cancel it and refund my money for it.? Pretty cool.? I can get an extra concert tee.? ?yes
? She told me lots 21 and 22 are the outdoor, regular lots where we can tail-gate.? Now, apparently, these lots are not the same as the football stadium's parking so that's pretty good, parking should be available.? 22 is by Gate A, and 21 is between Gates B and C.
The other interesting fact she told me was that if you get there early enough, they won't even charge for parking.? I found that hard to believe, but I asked several times, and she said they probably won't have anyone charging at that gate before 4 or 5.?
? Personally, I was hoping to get there around the start of the Giants game at 1.? Eat, drink, relax, maybe toss around a football.
? I still think a Plan B is a good idea in case the info. I got was bad.
? One last thing, I've got to get a pic with the man...no, not Axl...Jarmo!!!? What kind of beer do you like Jarmo?? ? peace? ? ?

Very helpful info, so I guess we should aim for one of these lots, I don't see why she would tell you something untrue, especially since she works at the venue-

Lot 21 looks good to me-

http://www.meadowlands.com/sharedimages/premiumparkingcaa.pdf

Now all we really need to do is work out some kind of cell phone chain for texting and such, I would think-

Whenever there's a Jets or Giants 1:00 home game, once the main Giant Stadium lot starts filling up(typically around 10:30 - 11:00 am), they start routing cars across the highway? to the CAA lot, where they do have people collecting the parking fee - meaning, there will most likely not be free parking - unless you get there around 9:00 am.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:16:48 AM by providman » Logged
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2006, 12:56:42 PM »

I ain't showing up at 9 am when GNR won't take the stage will past 11 pm.  Show should rule those.  What's up with the requests for Jamo to bring us women LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: