Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life since 9/11/01
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life since 9/11/01  (Read 55830 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »

SHHHH.  Don't let them know that the people actually fighting the war and making sacrifices by large find it to be a just cause.  They'll simply dismiss anything you say as being naieve and brainwashed.  Remember, you have to be a 19 year old sociology major or reader of Chomsky to fully understand the world.  SLC can't proove that Bush lied.  He just keeps repeating it and more and more people accept it as fact.  Now that the whole "Bush lied" thing has gotten old, it's time to conjur up conspiracies on how the US government attacked and killed its own people.

Give it up already. The head of the CIA has come forward and said Bush lied. Bush was told by the CIA that the intelligence they had was not reliable, but Bush used that info to go to war anyway. It's been all over the media the last month. Just stop it, it is over.

http://images1.americanprogress.org/il80web20037/ThinkProgress/2006/60min.320.240.mov

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:18:59 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

They dont get it, never will.

However, im glad they are being honest about who they are, cause they'll never be elected to power again like that.

Wait til this November and you'll see who gets elected. The neo-con machine has imploded by their own admission and nobody believes them anymore. It's one resignation and scandal after the other. Everybody knows who betrayed this country and they are not going to let it happen again. I couldn't be more thrilled to pay 4 dollars a gallon, because it means that the lowlifes who ruined this country will be thrown out on the street like the treasonous mother fuckers they are.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »

So much for restoring dignity back to the White House.

Got an email today with a pic of a protester holding a sign that reads "Would somebody please give Bush a blowjob so we can impeach him." 

Priceless!!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:32 PM »

They dont get it, never will.

However, im glad they are being honest about who they are, cause they'll never be elected to power again like that.

Wait til this November and you'll see who gets elected. The neo-con machine has imploded by their own admission and nobody believes them anymore. It's one resignation and scandal after the other. Everybody knows who betrayed this country and they are not going to let it happen again. I couldn't be more thrilled to pay 4 dollars a gallon, because it means that the lowlifes who ruined this country will be thrown out on the street like the treasonous mother fuckers they are.

Weren't you claiming the same thing back in 2004?  How sure you were that Bush and the Republicans were done.  I'm just wondering what you excuse is going to be this time.  There's no DOMA to be the liberal fall boy for their loss.  You should really do some research on basic economics and then you'd understand why gas is exspensive.  It's not as if its only exspensive here, it's like that all over the world.  China and India are demanding and using more oil so the cost has gone up.  Weren't you one of the ones citing that study that said Americans would pay more for gas if the taxes went to the environment?  I guess its easier to blame Bush and Republicans than to do the harder task of researching.  It's people like you that buy into this crap that keep Michael Moore and Air America still in business.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

Weren't you claiming the same thing back in 2004?  How sure you were that Bush and the Republicans were done.  I'm just wondering what you excuse is going to be this time. 

There are many different reasons why gas can be expensive, and I am fully aware of that. But mostly it is because of the wild card in the white house/bogus "war for freedom" in Iraq. Which then causes speculators to push the price per barrel up.

It is no coincidence why gas is up, and you can thank your buddy W every time you are crying at the gas pump. Like I said, I hope it goes up even higher..........We may even get him out before 08.  Grin

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:55:52 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2006, 06:08:11 PM »

If we went to war for oil wouldn't prices be down?
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2006, 06:15:04 PM »

Bogus war for freedom in Iraq? Just be lucky your not near me... Or the familys of my friends who bled into that sand and came home dead. Is that what you want to hear? Liberals just try and try harder to throw every suspicion and doubt upon the Bush White House and the War on Terrorism... and its all just to get power back, You were either partially or entirely in power since the Hoover years; but the gravy train is done. Stop taking the high ground..... your down ..... assume the role

I look foward to Iraq becoming another Baharane and working on the NEWT for president campaign in the next couple years.

I am a solider and will serve any President elected.... Im just glad it wasent Kerry, trying to dumb down the special force requirments to put morons onto my team and make damn sure I get killed;

Great though for SLC and company
SLCPUNK
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »

Dude, I have said this so many times, what is up with the memory loss?

Future oil.........

Bogus war for freedom in Iraq? Just be lucky your not near me... Or the familys of my friends who bled into that sand and came home dead. Is that what you want to hear? Liberals just try and try harder to throw every suspicion and doubt upon the Bush White House and the War on Terrorism... and its all just to get power back, You were either partially or entirely in power since the Hoover years; but the gravy train is done. Stop taking the high ground..... your down ..... assume the role

I look foward to Iraq becoming another Baharane and working on the NEWT for president campaign in the next couple years.

I am a solider and will serve any President elected.... Im just glad it wasent Kerry, trying to dumb down the special force requirments to put morons onto my team and make damn sure I get killed;

I see you value free speech so much you would like to beat up anybody who does not agree with you.

The rest of your post is hogwash and ignore the facts that Bush has been outed by the CIA for lying about intelligence.

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #228 on: May 08, 2006, 07:04:54 PM »

Never said i was going to beat you up, thats your imagination thinking violence..... As for the rest of my post it had nothing to do with the CIA and Bush, but since u kindly took up that subject might as well be now.

Since when are liberals fans of the CIA and trust them, it was just 7 years ago when your boy Clinton tried his ass off to gut that very agency.... would have been a bad idea as a whole however wouldent mean much... they rarely get anything right.... Hell thats why us RANGERS call em the Christians in Action.

One way or another, the shootout has been fun but its gunna be I'm gunna be finished now, I enjoy posting but i do this (fighting with liberals in the arena of ideas) enough in real life, so take care
heinous
« Reply #229 on: May 08, 2006, 11:02:47 PM »

Did our favorite angry, foaming-at-the-mouth liberal forget to take his pills today?

"Betrayed?"  "Lowlifes?"  "Treasonous?"......hyperbole.

Just remember, SLC, be careful what you wish for.....
heinous
« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2006, 11:04:55 PM »

Dude, I have said this so many times, what is up with the memory loss?

Future oil.........

I thought you were the guy that only deals with the present.  With what's going on right now.

Who's got the "crystal ball?"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #231 on: May 08, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »

Did our favorite angry, foaming-at-the-mouth liberal forget to take his pills today?

See, I knew you liked me.........

I thought you were the guy that only deals with the present.  With what's going on right now.

I do and I did (past tense, get it?).

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 11:33:16 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2006, 11:18:12 AM »

It's obvious people are willing to pay it, so why drop prices when they'll buy it at any price?  It could be at $5 a gallon and people would still have to buy it.  Hell, even at $50 per gallon what are people going to do, just stop driving?  We're at the mercy of oil companies, their workers, and anyone who holds stock in them.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »

Another reason why i drive my harley everytime I can, it's alot cheaper than the car.
RichardNixon
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

Wait until Karl Rove gets indicted and Bush's approval ratings go down even further. SLC, we should meet up for a beer dude!  beer peace hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:37 PM »

Wait until Karl Rove gets indicted and Bush's approval ratings go down even further. SLC, we should meet up for a beer dude!  beer peace hihi

Insiders are saying it looks as if Rove is going to be charged. Libby isn't going to do hard time and take the chocolate submarine for this guy. Bush is down to 31%, which is about to close in on Nixons all time low.......

I'll drink to that!

RichardNixon
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2006, 11:00:28 PM »

On all the MCNBC shows that's what they are saying. Bush went in with Rove and they are joined at the hip. If Rove goes down...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2006, 03:18:09 AM »

On all the MCNBC shows that's what they are saying. Bush went in with Rove and they are joined at the hip. If Rove goes down...

They had Rove back what? Five times for questioning? My guess is that he contradicted himself somewhere along the line. Stay tuned during the next couple of weeks???..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2006, 03:22:21 AM »

Movie Review:

BEFORE READING, PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with the production of this film, so if you have questions, concerns or problems regarding the information, research or production of Loose Change, please direct them to Dylan Avery and/or Korey Rowe on the Loose Change 9/11 website. Thanks!

There are few films that horrify me today. As an avid moviegoer, I've pretty much seen it all. I've watched killers hunt victims. I've watched blood and gore spill out all over the screen and I've watched aliens and other monsters stalk their prey. But there is nothing, I mean nothing, more horrifying than what can be seen in the 9/11 conspiracy documentary Loose Change.

Before I get too far in this very personal review, let me first start out by stating a few facts about myself. I may offend some people and for that, I apologize profusely. I will be as honest as I possibly can because this film has altered my perception of the events that took place on 9/11.

First, I am a 9/11 skeptic. The whole thing rubbed me wrong, but I'm not keen to join one wave of opinions over another. I'm not a liberal nor am I conservative. I like certain aspects of both ideologies. I'm not a Democrat nor am I a Republican. I vote for whom I feel is right for our country, not because he or she is a member of any given party. I love to do research about politics, film and other social facets and I love to explore what some are afraid to explore, which may explain my fascination with the events surrounding 9/11.

I am a professed flip flopper, which is not a bad thing as some may think. I believe that changing an opinion makes a great person greater. If he or she is willing to change their views because perhaps their opinion wasn't as truthful or factual as the other, then we can accomplish something truly remarkable as a people.

I'll also be candid with you; I don't really know anyone who's lost a loved one on 9/11. I have a few friends who know people who experienced the event first hand and a few who did lose loved ones. But again, I'm not one of them. However, seeing those who have lost loved ones during the 9/11 attacks, brings tears to my eyes. I understand their loss. I feel their pain. It's my nature. It's who I am.

So with that said...

I found myself a fortunate victim of fate. A few nights ago, while surfing the internet, I stumbled upon a documentary that shocked me. That film was Loose Change, the subject of this review. Normally, I try not to be as personal with reviews as I will here, but a film like this begs us to offer up our opinions on 9/11.

And with that said I can say this, Loose Change is one of the scariest films ever made. For those unaware, Loose Change suggests that the attacks on September 11th, 2001, may not have been orchestrated by Bin Laden or members of al Qaeda. Rather, they were orchestrated by our own government, those who purport to protect this nation and its people.

Now, as I've hinted above, I don't necessarily buy into wacky conspiracy theories. I don't. I like to read about them, but usually with enough research either on the internet or through print sources, one can debunk just about any wacky theory. Just look at the widely debated "intelligent design" vs. "evolution" quandary. Both theories have vast and provable points, yet neither has an absolute truth because one large piece of evidence is missing from both theories. It all boils down to faith. I'm not sure we'll ever know that truth during our Earthly stay, but that's for another debate.

Many have suggested that perhaps the 9/11 debate is just like that--a never ending debate without any real evidence that relies on faith. There is one difference though, there is evidence to support one claim or to debunk another--it's just being hidden away in a dark room somewhere where no one will ever find it.

I do know this--a large majority of the evidence presented in this film, while some of it is somewhat questionable at times, is very solid, if not irrefutable. Evidence is presented from news sources as large as CNN, BBC and Fox News down to small sources like Cleveland's own newspaper, The Plain Dealer (Cleveland plays a large part in the film). These are not wacky liberals with a bias towards one train of thought. Some of the sources come directly from those affected by the Twin Towers collapse. Some from firefighters. Others are credible because of their positions, either in the business or scientific fields.

The film presents a very possible reason why these attacks took place, but never do the filmmakers say that the film and its claims are gospel. They simply attempt to show us a very possible, if not likely truth--one that is horrifying and potentially damaging if found to be 100% factual.

The film shook me to the core. It does what few documentaries or few films, for that matter, have ever done to me. I watched it twice over the course of the first 24 hours. It's scary, sad, often moving and, quite honestly, it makes me fearful for the future. I've done hours of research surrounding the film and I've found several sites that supported and debunked the film (there is also another 9/11 film on the same subject entitled 9/11: In Plane Site which is also supported and debunked in the same manner).

With those hoping to debunk the film, the problem seems to be a human one. People don't want to admit they're might be a problem with their government. I agree with that fear. I don't want Loose Change to be true. If it is, the only thing I can see in America's future is another Revolutionary or Civil War and that's a horrifying thought to be sure. I want the United States Government to answer some of my questions--some of everyone's questions for that matter. We need that.

I honestly don't want to go into many details surrounding the film. I'm not likely to convince you to watch the film by regurgitating some of the evidence from the film here. If you want to watch it, you can or you will. If you don't, you probably won't or won't believe the statements within. All I can do is ask you, the reader, to set aside 90 minutes and watch Loose Change.

Please bare in mind that the film may not be entirely factual, so look for errors, omissions or problems and debate them. Email the filmmakers if you wish. Don't simply take the film for face value. Challenge it. However, remember great journalists like Bill Moyers and Edward R. Murrow who challenge journalists and American citizens to look closer, to research their government and to expose the truth. Filmmakers Dylan Avery and Korey Rowe are trying to follow in their footsteps. They may stumble on the way, but their film is a masterful, well paced documentary that puts Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 to absolute shame.

To all current and future journalists and filmmakers (and to those who made this film): I would offer you a small, but very serious word of warning. Please, for the sake of humanity, try to be honest and as truthful as humanly possible. To quote Tom Knapp from FreeMarketNews.com (who wrote this in his review of Loose Change), "...I applaud those who are attempting to discover the truth of the matter. I do hope, however, that they won't allow their desire to know what really happened get ahead of their ability to discover what really happened and lead them into making untenable claims of their own ... because that would reduce their credibility to the same level as the government's, which is low indeed."

Just moments before writing this review, I was sitting at my computer desk wondering what my children will learn when they are taught about the days of 9/11. I don't want them to learn something that may not be true. I want them to learn the truth about the world they live in. And honestly, I'd like to see the absolute, undeniable truth about 9/11 before they are born.

There are errors surrounding 9/11. It's hard to deny that fact. Not even the government denies it. Find the answers. Ask questions...let's put our differences and hurt feelings aside and explore the possibilities. The truth is there, it may just be hidden behind closed doors. Loose Change opened the doors slightly; now let's open those doors entirely.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2006, 10:32:13 AM »

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/911_pentagon_757_plane_evidence.html

this contradicts some of the "facts" presented in Loose Change.

which do you believe....this website, or loose change???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: