Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 44415 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 03:41:39 PM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea.? While I tend to agree in hindsight, I am skeptical that anyone on the left would have been for invading North Korea regardless of the circumstances.? Of course, it doesn't surprise me that this will somehow get blamed on Bush and Iraq.? Everything does.

who said anything about invading?? my point was the real threat was not iraq (do you still think it was??).? Invading a country was how Iran/N. Korea were able to build their nukes in the first place.? please don't put words in my mouth.

Typical of bush loyalists - don't blame bush!? So who should be blamed?? I suppose this is Clinton's fault right?? Roll Eyes? I guess katrina, iraq and all of our other problems shouldn't be blamed on bush either?!?!?

The nuclear program in North Korea started long before the invasion of Iraq.  It wasn't that that led to it at all.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 03:43:04 PM »

So what if they have the bomb? I can see why they would, as that's insurance against a US invasion. Why should the US dictate who has the bomb and who doesn't? Israel, India and Pakistan all have the bomb.

Roll Eyes

I mean...wow

When North Korea sells a few to the local Al Quaeda cell and City X is redecorated in radiative green i hope you live just long enough to understand the significance of this day

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 03:44:47 PM »

I am not being racist, but Americans can't seem to see the truth.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

I mean...wow

When North Korea sells a few to the local Al Quaeda cell and City X is redecorated in radiative green i hope you live just long enough to understand the significance of this day

In all honesty, how likely that really is?
If you really want to start playing with various Tom Clancy-insipired scenarios, isn't it more likely that a terrorist cell aquires a nuke from Pakistan, or even via some ex-Soviet union entity?
Why would one of the most paranoid, isolated, militaristic and threatened governments in world  opt to SELL their arsenal?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:53:58 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea.  While I tend to agree in hindsight, I am skeptical that anyone on the left would have been for invading North Korea regardless of the circumstances.  Of course, it doesn't surprise me that this will somehow get blamed on Bush and Iraq.  Everything does.

who said anything about invading?  my point was the real threat was not iraq (do you still think it was??).  Invading a country was how Iran/N. Korea were able to build their nukes in the first place.  please don't put words in my mouth.

Typical of bush loyalists - don't blame bush!  So who should be blamed?  I suppose this is Clinton's fault right?  Roll Eyes  I guess katrina, iraq and all of our other problems shouldn't be blamed on bush either?!?!?

The nuclear program in North Korea started long before the invasion of Iraq.  It wasn't that that led to it at all.

it certainly accelerated it.  The war in iraq also distracted the US from making sure Iran and Korea didn't do exactly what both countries did - develop nuclear weapons programs.  The neo-cons thought Iraq would be over in a few months and it would be a smashing success and before the last troop was even home there would be flag thumping speeches about bringing democracy to the poor people of N. Korea....  But nothing went as planned (maybe b/c  they didn't actually have a plan??) so here we are now just a few years later - iraq is a mess, afghanistan isn't secure, osama is still hiding in caves and the north koreans and soon iran will have nukes.  But I guess we shouldn't blame anyone right?  Roll Eyes

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 03:54:58 PM »

I mean...wow

In all honesty, how likely that really is?
If you really want to start playing with various Tom Clancy-insipired scenarios, isn't it more likely that a terrorist cell aquires a nuke from Pakistan, or even via some ex-Soviet union entity?

This is EXACTLY why the the world should "dictate" who has the bomb and who doesn't.  Dictate is a strong word, but lets face it, the world is less safe now that they have one.  I'd be shitting my pants if i lived in south korea or Japan.  North Korea HATES the US (more then the average person in the world that is).  They'd be happy to sell to a terrorist cell.  I'm sure they've already gotten calls.

EDIT - and its not just the US condemning this...try the entire rational world.  Like I said, i think the neighboring countries are even more concerned about this then the US.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:59:17 PM by HannaHat » Logged

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »

I am not being racist, but Americans can't seem to see the truth.

Please, enlighten us dim witted Americans to what "the truth" is?  And I didn't know american was a race.

AtariLegend
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 03:59:42 PM »

Let me ask this question, Iraq what was that all about?
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »

North Korea HATES the US (more then the average person in the world that is).  They'd be happy to sell to a terrorist cell.  I'm sure they've already gotten calls.

"Grr, those fucking yankees. I hate them more than average person, thus I am willing to gamble with my life and  the existance of my own country by selling a Nuke to terrorists of whom i don't give a fuck.  All this in hopes  of causing some good ol massive but very local damage to some random American-infested location somewhere. That'll teach em!"

I just don't buy that.
Sure it is POSSIBLE and a scary scenario  but likely? Come on.
Again, WHY woudl they bother?Just out of pleasure of having a change of seeing a hunred thousand people they don't care about dying or whhat?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:05:42 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »

North Korea HATES the US (more then the average person in the world that is).  They'd be happy to sell to a terrorist cell.  I'm sure they've already gotten calls.

"Grr, those fucking yankees. I hate them more than average person, thus I am willing to gamble with my life and  the existance of my own country by selling a Nuke to terrorists of whom i don't give a fuck.  All this in hopes  of causing some good ol massive but very local damage to some random American-infested location somewhere. That'll teach em!"

kinda like flying planes into buildings??? 

Iraq thought they could take on the coalition in 92 after invading Kuwait, Al Quada and the Taliban thought they could beat us when we went to afghanistan after 9-11......You think Kim Jong is any saner then those guys?

AtariLegend
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 04:07:50 PM »

North Korea HATES the US (more then the average person in the world that is). They'd be happy to sell to a terrorist cell. I'm sure they've already gotten calls.

"Grr, those fucking yankees. I hate them more than average person, thus I am willing to gamble with my life and the existance of my own country by selling a Nuke to terrorists of whom i don't give a fuck. All this in hopes of causing some good ol massive but very local damage to some random American-infested location somewhere. That'll teach em!"

Iraq thought they could take on the coalition in 92 after invading Kuwait, Al Quada and the Taliban thought they could beat us when we went to afghanistan after 9-11......You think Kim Jong is any saner then those guys?

Until you live outside the US, you don't live in the real world?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »

If you think Iraq was ALL Americans, you have a serious wake up call my friend. 

But tell me the truth about nukes...can't wait to hear this.

AtariLegend
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »

Any country ran by relgious nutters, shouldn't have weapons?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »

you keep answering my question with a question of your own...interesting.

But i'll play along.  Unlike N. Korea, the US has this thing called a democracy.  Ever hear of that?  You see, every now and then, we have this thing called an "election" where people (even women!!) can vote for who they want to run their country.  So the "religious nutters" shouldn't be in control for too much longer (I hope). 

Unlike your man Kim Jong who is leader for life.

See the difference?

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »

Whether he's sane or not, he's a survivor, he isn't going to waste all his years in power by giving a nuke to a terrorist group.

Analogies with Iraq in '92 don't really hold water since Hussein was a US ally at the time and rightly or wrongly had inferred that the US wouldn't intervene if he invaded Kuwait, and (another survivor) he probably had a lot more years in power from fighting it out, than if he'd shown internal weakness and withdrawn at that point.

I'm pretty sure Al Qaeda thinks they are winning, and they're probably correct and they aren't a nation state so that analogy doesn't really hold either.

I don't think the Taliban thought they could win, yet somehow thay have anyway if Frist's comment of last week is anything to go by - he wants to bring them back into the Afghan government.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
AtariLegend
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »

But i'll play along. Unlike N. Korea, the US has this thing called a democracy. Ever hear of that? You see, every now and then, we have this thing called an "election" where people (even women!!) can vote for who they want to run their country. So the "religious nutters" shouldn't be in control for too much longer (I hope).

See the difference?

Wasn't their enternal ruler or part not elected by the people, and any way N. Korea is it any wonder, they have weapons, when Americas always making silly cmments about spreading democracy.

You people think just because you've got better weapons and more weapons than everybodyelse that you do whatever you want, you're trying to start WW3.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »

But i'll play along.? Unlike N. Korea, the US has this thing called a democracy.? Ever hear of that?? You see, every now and then, we have this thing called an "election" where people (even women!!) can vote for who they want to run their country.? So the "religious nutters" shouldn't be in control for too much longer (I hope).?

See the difference?

BLASPHEMY......DAMN THAT SUFFRAGE MOVEMENT

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
AtariLegend
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »

But i'll play along. Unlike N. Korea, the US has this thing called a democracy. Ever hear of that? You see, every now and then, we have this thing called an "election" where people (even women!!) can vote for who they want to run their country. So the "religious nutters" shouldn't be in control for too much longer (I hope).

See the difference?

Wasn't their enternal ruler or party elected by the people, and any way N. Korea is it any wonder, they have weapons, when Americas always making silly cmments about spreading democracy.

You people think just because you've got better weapons and more weapons than everybodyelse that you do whatever you want, you're trying to start WW3.
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »

IMO It's not a good idea to start comparing suicide bombers and fundies on Jihad and leaders of sovereign(yet utterly fucked up) governments.
Entirely different interests,motives responsibilities,  rulesets and whatnot. Come on.They don't even play the same game, so to speak.

Iraq certainly didn't think it could "take on the coalition" If Hussein had believed the US&co would react on the scale they did, they wouldn't have invaded Kuwait in the first place. Hussein hoped, and was lead to believe he'd  survive with frowns when it comes to reactions of post cold war west.
American ambassador Glaspie to Hussein slightly before Iraq's invasion of Kuwait:"We have no opinion on the Arab-Arab conflicts, like your border disagreement with Kuwait."

Maybe there is too much fear mongering going on in USA?
So many seem to think that everyone who fears/hates USA is out there with this mad dog "I want to see em all DEAD no matter the cost!!" - attitude. Huh

If North Korea really wanted war and thought they'd be able to "take USA" in some sort of all out offensive conflict, why on earth have they waited all this time? They've had enough conventional and very powerfull altirillerity to vaporize Soul and most of US bases in Korea for several decades now?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:40:10 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 04:31:37 PM »

They shouldnt be testing them. Its against all the treaties and laws made in the world. and id rather not have a even more polluted planet.

i dont like them building them, i find them to be a threat. Unless i can truly be insured they wont suddenly launche one and start world war 3, i think something needs to be done.

html sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: