Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 44448 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2006, 07:34:22 PM »

I've simply asked you, and the other liberals, to muse about a possible solution to this problem without looking back.?

And I've answered it. You ignored it.

Just like always.

Read.

Sorry if I missed it, but as I re-read it appears to have been a one sentence statement that the US should go into bilateral talks with NK.  Is that correct or did I miss something else?  Is that really all you have to offer as a real opinion?  If so, aren't you worried that all it will result in is more money stealing by the NK government?  They want bilateral talks so they can work out a deal with the US whereby we pay them off to stop their nuclear program.  Seems to me that a more reasonable approach is to have the 6 party talks and to encourage the NK's neighbors to have the larger role in handling this.  It is NK that is resaisting that course, not the 5 other parties.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2006, 11:00:08 PM »

if anyone is being a hypocrite, it is you my friend!  hihi

you criticize rummey for supplying the materials. yet you do not criticize the CLINTON PLAN that agreed to it.

that makes no sense. so i'm assuming you were unaware of said clinton plan. 

I knew you would probably say that. But that is not what I am talking about. The "Clinton plan" had nothing to do with how it was expedited by Bush and Rummy. Which I have already stated. (Just as Bush ignored the warnings about N Korea left to him by Clinton.)

I criticize Rummy for overseeing the sale after Bush waived the inspection process. Waiving an inspection process that was put into place to avoid the kind of problem we have now (That process was part of Clintons "plan".) The hypocrisy is that he sold the components, waived the safety net while doing it, and turned around 2 yrs later and lumped them in the "Axis of Evil." None of which Clinton did.

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2006, 12:13:40 AM »

inspections by who the UN? Id hate to change their diaper afterwords
Brody
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2006, 12:35:25 AM »

its a shame that shithole of a radio station AIR AMERICA.. just went bankrupt! Woo hoo! sounds like there isnt much of a market for it haha
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2006, 01:15:30 AM »

its a shame that shithole of a radio station AIR AMERICA.. just went bankrupt! Woo hoo! sounds like there isnt much of a market for it haha

That's because Al Franken is pretty lame.

Loved his book, but then I saw him on the Daily Show. Wow. Big disappointment.

He's a talented writer and he was OK on SNL but political comedy a la Stewart/Colbert isn't his thing - he should stick to writing.

I subscribed to his radio show for a while and some parts were interesting but a lot of it was pretty dull. I un-subscribed after a few weeks. Tim Meadows was a guest pretending to be a Republican senator once; that was the best part.
AtariLegend
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2006, 06:58:39 AM »

Sorry if i dont know what's going on, but by the sound of things Bill Clinton is bringing about the End of the World.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2006, 07:45:01 AM »

Sorry if i dont know what's going on, but by the sound of things Bill Clinton is bringing about the End of the World.

You should be sorry.   Roll Eyes  You've added less than zero to this discussion.  Go post in the "My daughter is a drug addict" type threads.   ok
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2006, 07:46:02 AM »

Haha I watched Team America this morning in tribute.? Seriously though, I don't think Kim Jong is crazy enough to actually use one in an offensive strike.? He's more of an attention freak.? Like LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I CAN DO.? How much you wanna bet Iran tests one in the next 6 months?
I respect Kim Jon Il (i aint communist and i aint a fan) because he's doing what he wants with out anybody pushing him around. He's simply "testing" nuclear weapons doesnt mean he's necessarily gone bomb anyone or use them. I think its unfair how america and other nations can have nukes (even tho they dropped the 1st one) yet no one else can

If i remember correctly you were a palestinain supporter a few months back in the last thread about a group of crazy poeple.

I think those on the right and the left can both agree that Sakib isn't a big fan of Uncle Sam?? ?rofl

Sakib, I hope one day Kim Jong decides to "test" nukes on your house.? Then we'll see how much you respect him? Roll Eyes

I'm not a big fan of any government whatsoever, though i think Chinese is alright atm compared to others, they probably got the best government. either them or the Aussies.
I don't see what's wrong if Kim Jong tested nuclear weapons in my house, just make sure he knows what he's doing to prevent damage as such. He aint gonna take over the world. Why do you think he;s rejecting UN orders? He clearly knows everythings gonna be alright and UN like to kik up a fuss. Like the way HEALTH AND SAFETY boards kicked up a fuss about cheek cells and students getting AIDS and my college fought for us to be able to do the experiment.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
AtariLegend
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2006, 07:48:06 AM »

You should be sorry. Roll Eyes You've added less than zero to this discussion. Go post in the "My daughter is a drug addict" type threads. ok

You should deal with the present, not the past.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2006, 08:33:26 AM »

if anyone is being a hypocrite, it is you my friend!? hihi

you criticize rummey for supplying the materials. yet you do not criticize the CLINTON PLAN that agreed to it.

that makes no sense. so i'm assuming you were unaware of said clinton plan.?

The "Clinton plan" had nothing to do with how it was expedited by Bush and Rummy.

I criticize Rummy for overseeing the sale after Bush waived the inspection process.

you posted two completely FALSE statements.

1. Under the Clinton Plan, it was Clinton who agreed to providing nuclear reactors to NK. it was a key piece of his plan. it was REQUIRED by CLINTON. i guess you missed that in all the reading you do.  hihi

2. bush was not president in 2000 when the deal was done! the ABB deal  was done 2 years PRIOR to bush waiving the inspection process. Bush and the GOP were AGAINST providing NK with nuclear reactors.

and you can call rummey a hypocrite, but that's a weak argument. for one, he sat on the board of ABB so his involvement is not clear at all. and two, somebody HAD to send NK the reactors since it was required, so why not ABB? and three, things change in two years. maybe as SOD he discovered classified information about NK, or maybe NK became more of a threat in those two years. it's all specualtion.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2006, 10:12:05 AM »

You should be sorry. Roll Eyes You've added less than zero to this discussion. Go post in the "My daughter is a drug addict" type threads. ok

You should deal with the present, not the past.

Read each of my posts here.  Each one has only been about the present.  It is you and others that are talking about the past all the time.  I don't want to talk about Clinton or Bush or decisions made prior to now.  I have been asking everyone to discuss what we should do now and drop the blame game.

I enjoy the arguments here...I really do.  I have always enjoyed the politics threads.  As much as I'm polar opposite to guys like slc, I enjoy the banter with him and others, but to be honest, you make no sense and your arguements are so nonesensical that I can't believe I'm even replying to you.  I guess I'll just make this my last reply to any of your nonesense.
AtariLegend
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

The reason I made those comments, is because, how many posts are their blaming the previous administration?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:09:52 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2006, 12:08:54 PM »

if anyone is being a hypocrite, it is you my friend!? hihi

that makes no sense. so i'm assuming you were unaware of said clinton plan.?

I knew you would probably say that. But that is not what I am talking about. The "Clinton plan" had nothing to do with how it was expedited by Bush and Rummy. Which I have already stated. (Just as Bush ignored the warnings about N Korea left to him by Clinton.)

You can't be that naive and blind where you are willing to blame Bush, but give no blame to the Clinton administration.  Ridiculous.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »

The UN just imposed even more sanctions.....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2006, 03:02:16 PM »

You can't be that naive and blind where you are willing to blame Bush, but give no blame to the Clinton administration.  Ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is your failure to understand what happened after I explained it nearly 5 times.

What Clinton implemented and what Bush did with that plan are two different things. I would repeat myself, but you seem to have some sort of filter blocking it all anyway.

Ignore away.

Brody
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »

Haha I watched Team America this morning in tribute.  Seriously though, I don't think Kim Jong is crazy enough to actually use one in an offensive strike.  He's more of an attention freak.  Like LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I CAN DO.  How much you wanna bet Iran tests one in the next 6 months?
I respect Kim Jon Il (i aint communist and i aint a fan) because he's doing what he wants with out anybody pushing him around. He's simply "testing" nuclear weapons doesnt mean he's necessarily gone bomb anyone or use them. I think its unfair how america and other nations can have nukes (even tho they dropped the 1st one) yet no one else can

If i remember correctly you were a palestinain supporter a few months back in the last thread about a group of crazy poeple.

I think those on the right and the left can both agree that Sakib isn't a big fan of Uncle Sam?   rofl

Sakib, I hope one day Kim Jong decides to "test" nukes on your house.  Then we'll see how much you respect him  Roll Eyes

I'm not a big fan of any government whatsoever, though i think Chinese is alright atm compared to others, they probably got the best government. either them or the Aussies.
I don't see what's wrong if Kim Jong tested nuclear weapons in my house, just make sure he knows what he's doing to prevent damage as such. He aint gonna take over the world. Why do you think he;s rejecting UN orders? He clearly knows everythings gonna be alright and UN like to kik up a fuss. Like the way HEALTH AND SAFETY boards kicked up a fuss about cheek cells and students getting AIDS and my college fought for us to be able to do the experiment.

Well if the chinese goverments is one of the best, why don't you move there. They are one of the most oppressive goverments out there.. there not as oppressive as there southern neighbor but compare to the US there 10 fold on the oppressive scale! Lets see here, We stood up the south korean goverment.. now look at it! one of the fastest growing economies and a hell of a lot better then the north, now china stood up the nk gov.. but wait.. that place is a shithole, totally isolated! GO CHINA! and there  POLICE STATE.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 03:52:05 PM by Brody » Logged
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

China is also abysmal on human rights.  Call China one of the better governments out there right now is just crazy.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2006, 08:09:16 PM »

Well, the UN just imposed sanctions on NK by unanimous vote.  We'll see how the midget leader of NK responds.
AtariLegend
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »

Well, the UN just imposed sanctions on NK by unanimous vote. We'll see how the midget leader of NK responds.

With the same line Bruce Willis delivers before blowing up the plane in Die Hard 2.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:05 PM »

i don't recall anyone blaming the clinton administration. it was all the liberals in this thread that wanted to blame bush. most others argued you cannot just blame one administration.

now that the TRUE FACTS are posted in the thread, all the liberals won't address them, and have suddenly stopped playing the blame game.

dealing with NK is not a black and white issue. you cannot trust them. and they are looking to extort a rich nation. the more countries you can get involved in talks and applying pressure, the better.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: