Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Groovetown Vinyl feat. Appetite, Chinese
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Groovetown Vinyl feat. Appetite, Chinese  (Read 2027 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: April 06, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »

Universal Music Group Distribution (UMGD) Launches Groovetown Vinyl

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Music Group Distribution (UMGD), the award-winning sales, marketing and distribution arm of Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's leading music company, today announced the launch of Groovetown Vinyl (www.groovetownvinyl.com), an exciting online storefront specializing in high-quality audio products for the discerning music fan. For the first time, visitors to the site will be able to purchase "lossless" audio FLAC files bundled with collectible high quality vinyl at a discounted price.

"In recent years, there's been a revolution in sound quality and consumers are clamoring for the richest experience from their audio collection," stated Mitch Rotter, SVP Marketing & Product Development for UMGD.  "Music fans have fallen in love all over again with the vinyl experience, from the packaging to the distinctive sound to the collectability, and the FLAC file provides the ease of digital listening without any of the sacrifice that normally accompanies digitally compressed audio files.  Groovetown's quality audio products will satisfy all types of consumers - the audiophile, the technologist, and the true music aficionado."

For a limited time, visitors purchasing bundled FLAC and vinyl products will receive a 15% discount on all purchases and free shipping on transactions over $50.00. Visitors can also enter a sweepstakes to win a vinyl starter collection consisting of 1 copy of every LP available on the site.  This promotion will run from April 6th to April 19th.

About Groovetown

Groovetown is an online store that specializes in both vintage style vinyl products, as well as FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) music downloads ? the "lossless" digital audio compresses music without any compromise to the audio quality of the original recording.  Groovetown features recordings from such chart-topping artists as Eminem, Lady Gaga, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, Jay-Z, Guns N' Roses, and Weezer. Visit us at http://www.groovetownvinyl.com.  Groovetown's commerce and media delivery is powered by Echospin, a leading technology company whose pioneering solutions enable rights holders to sell and promote digital, physical and mobile goods directly to fans.

GN'R products: http://www.groovetownvinyl.com/artists/guns-n-roses

Source: http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2011/04/06/universal-music-group-distribution-umgd-launches-groovetown-vinyl

Not sure if the vinyl is a different one than the already exisiting one. Wasn't there some trouble with the original vinyl release of CD?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Not sure if the vinyl is a different one than the already exisiting one. Wasn't there some trouble with the original vinyl release of CD?

Yes, distortion.

Sure, that press release about sound quality sounds nice. Too bad Universal fucked up with the vinyl release of Chinese....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:58:59 PM »

It's amazing how many things Universal fucked up with CD.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:42:53 AM »

I had even purchased a vinal player with my purchase of CD's, remember being so excited that day and it had been a long while since I had listened to a album.  The excitement of just having that album in my posession won over my disappointment regarding the lack of sound quality.  I ended up framing a copy and hanging it in the music room, It brings me great happiness still, regardless of its lack of quality, the name Guns N Roses says it all Wink.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:47 PM »

My copy of CD plays fine, it's not the greatest sounding vinyl I have but it's also not the worst.  The rerelease of AFD sounds fantastic, wish they could have captured that sound.

*edit* just got to CITR, wow that song sounds awful on the LP, I usually skip it so it's been a while since I heard it.  Other than that I haven't had any major problems with it.  This is the first time I've listened to CD on vinyl in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:49:20 PM by Eclipsed107 » Logged

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: