Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gothic People
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gothic People  (Read 10586 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« on: April 26, 2005, 09:15:06 PM »

Okay. As some of you nught know, I'm in grade 9 and i started hanging out with a couple of gothic people who go to my school. Don't ask me how it happened'cause I'm still trying to figure that part out. Anyways, I started hanging out with them and found out that they're some pretty cool people (minus the smoking, drugs...etc.). I think it might be the similarites in some of the music that I listen to (NIN, Korn...etc.) but i clicked pretty good.

I just wanted to know why society shuns gothic people, and before you say anything like "the makeup that they wear makes them look scary" and things around that subject I already know that. I just wanted to know why you think gothic people are shunned and what makes them resort to what they do. Any ideas?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:03:17 PM »

I don't think they get criticized because they look scary. They get criticized because they think putting on some mascara makes them original.

When I see a goth, I see someone who is trying desperately to get some attention.

But then again, the same can be said about women who go around in skimpy clothing, guys who spend 23 hours at the gym, and lesbains who make out in public.
psycotron
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:07:07 AM »

did u name yourself after that N.I.B song by black sabbath? thats a good song. i named myself after a megadeth song.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:48:26 AM »

Weird for the sake of being weird.  Fuck em.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 05:54:29 AM »

as long as they are really that way and live that lifestyle its all good

if they do it to try and fit in and be cool or to blend with others, then thats not cool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:57:33 AM »

I don't get all the black shit....what if there were a group of people...the opposite of Goth..wearing white all the time........ rofl live and let live I say, just stay out of my way Wink

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 05:59:19 AM »

almost everything i own is black but im not goth, thats just what i like.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »

Just don't hang around with chavs, you could turn into one nervous
I know some goths, they're abit strange, except one who is absolutley hilarious? hihi
I'm a glam rocker, without the glam? Smiley

I just wanted to know why society shuns gothic people, and before you say anything like "the makeup that they wear makes them look scary" and things around that subject I already know that. I just wanted to know why you think gothic people are shunned and what makes them resort to what they do. Any ideas?
In what way does society shun them anymore than anyone else?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 12:59:18 PM »

From my own experience, when I was in High School, I thought Goth people were weird and anti social since most very much kept to themselves. As I`ve gotten older and discovered more about them and some of the music they are into, I think it gives them a sense of belonging. And they think it`s cool. THats my take on it. It may not be very original anymore, but I`ve found most Goths a little eccentric, but intersting people who I don`t discriminate against anymore.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 03:11:46 PM »

I don't think they get criticized because they look scary. They get criticized because they think putting on some mascara makes them original.

When I see a goth, I see someone who is trying desperately to get some attention.

yea i agree...how can they be original if they all buy clothes from the same shops  hihi

wearing black clothes is certainly a possible sign of psychological problems, whether it be depression, family problems etc

i knew a goth who didnt want to go to bon jovi concerts because there were too many gay people in the crowd...the prejudice is certainly not original

they dont bother me though, each to their own

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »

wearing black clothes is certainly a possible sign of psychological problems, whether it be depression, family problems etc

i knew a goth who didnt want to go to bon jovi concerts because there were too many gay people in the crowd...the prejudice is certainly not original

the prejudice is certainly not original
yeah, right. Roll Eyes
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 04:46:44 PM »

ya but a lot of the cloths i own are also black, but im not gothic. so you cant have this stupid sterotype "black clothes + black hair = gothic" like most people do.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 12:21:55 AM »

I had a bit of a pseudo-goth phase myself last summer.? I teased and dyed my hair black, listened to The Cure, moped, and I even wore lipstick one day (although it was pink and barely noticable).? I never really had the total goth viewpoint, though.? I was just a little depressed at the time, and I liked The Cure.? 80s goth music is really awesome, anyway.? Those bands made depression dancable, and that's the kind of goth I like.

My high school actually had a fairly big clique of goth/punk kids.? I talked to them every now and then and they were cool, but something about them just made them seem like poseurs.? I never really befriended any, though.? Maybe it was the style; they were all into Marilyn Manson, Korn and Slipknot, whereas my gothic interests tended towards 80s goth music.? In the end, though, I think I just wasn't the goth type.? I mean, I was more of an 80s goth even in my brief phase.? In general, I'm more of a glam rock/heavy metal kid anyway.? ?And I think part of me saw the high school goths as fake anyway.? Nevertheless, I did somehow end up spending my prom with them.? I think it was because I didn't have a date and neither did any of them, so I just kinda floated over to them.

At the moment, the only real goth tendencies I still have are a liking for 80s goth groups like Bauhaus and the Sisters of Mercy, and the fact that I think goth chicks are really, really hot.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:23:53 AM by Mattman » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:56:17 AM »

I like "goth" I guess.

But just like anything else..unless you are one of the only ones doing it...your really just a copy cat, just like everybody else.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 06:25:06 AM »

I'm really not into that goth/metal/hard-rock "world". I don't know...they might be nice people but it just doesn't make it for me. all that make-up and tatoos and black clothes...We have absolutely nothing in comun.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 06:41:51 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Friedemann
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 06:38:06 AM »

I guess it's just another part of youth culture, as much as punk

of course you're not supposed to judge people by what they look like but on the other hand you can't deny that many of us define ourselves by what we wear

punks are hardly original neither, they all wear the same Che Guevara shirts, I think they're all made in China by some Adidas subsidiary
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »

the prejudice is certainly not original
yeah, right. Roll Eyes

...and your point is?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 01:47:51 AM »

of course you're not supposed to judge people by what they look like but on the other hand you can't deny that many of us define ourselves by what we wear

I read this one funny book that said that the pace of modern life is so fast-paced that there isn't really enough time to really get to know people anymore.  Judging people by the clothes they wear is the easiest and most logical way of getting around this problem.  hihi

punks are hardly original neither, they all wear the same Che Guevara shirts, I think they're all made in China by some Adidas subsidiary

Yeah, I think most people who wear Che Guevera t-shirts don't even know who the guy is.
Friedemann
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 02:19:34 AM »

Judging people by the clothes they wear is the easiest and most logical way of getting around this problem.? hihi

well that makes some sense, doesn't it?

I think it's funny how pop culture and music want to assure us "to go our own way" and that we're "something special" when the message is brought by people who look the same, style the same, dress the same, sing the same and have the same multimillion dollar softdrink ad contracts

I ain't claiming to be original neither
journey
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 02:25:04 AM »

I don't get all the black shit....what if there were a group of people...the opposite of Goth..wearing white all the time........ rofl live and let live I say, just stay out of my way Wink

That's hilarious Lisa. ?hihi

I don't have a problem with the gothic look. I think it's cool. It would be boring if we were all alike.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: