Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gothic People
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gothic People  (Read 10588 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« on: April 26, 2005, 09:15:06 PM »

Okay. As some of you nught know, I'm in grade 9 and i started hanging out with a couple of gothic people who go to my school. Don't ask me how it happened'cause I'm still trying to figure that part out. Anyways, I started hanging out with them and found out that they're some pretty cool people (minus the smoking, drugs...etc.). I think it might be the similarites in some of the music that I listen to (NIN, Korn...etc.) but i clicked pretty good.

I just wanted to know why society shuns gothic people, and before you say anything like "the makeup that they wear makes them look scary" and things around that subject I already know that. I just wanted to know why you think gothic people are shunned and what makes them resort to what they do. Any ideas?

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:03:17 PM »

I don't think they get criticized because they look scary. They get criticized because they think putting on some mascara makes them original.

When I see a goth, I see someone who is trying desperately to get some attention.

But then again, the same can be said about women who go around in skimpy clothing, guys who spend 23 hours at the gym, and lesbains who make out in public.
psycotron
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:07:07 AM »

did u name yourself after that N.I.B song by black sabbath? thats a good song. i named myself after a megadeth song.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:48:26 AM »

Weird for the sake of being weird.  Fuck em.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 05:54:29 AM »

as long as they are really that way and live that lifestyle its all good

if they do it to try and fit in and be cool or to blend with others, then thats not cool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:57:33 AM »

I don't get all the black shit....what if there were a group of people...the opposite of Goth..wearing white all the time........ rofl live and let live I say, just stay out of my way Wink

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 05:59:19 AM »

almost everything i own is black but im not goth, thats just what i like.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »

Just don't hang around with chavs, you could turn into one nervous
I know some goths, they're abit strange, except one who is absolutley hilarious? hihi
I'm a glam rocker, without the glam? Smiley

I just wanted to know why society shuns gothic people, and before you say anything like "the makeup that they wear makes them look scary" and things around that subject I already know that. I just wanted to know why you think gothic people are shunned and what makes them resort to what they do. Any ideas?
In what way does society shun them anymore than anyone else?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 12:59:18 PM »

From my own experience, when I was in High School, I thought Goth people were weird and anti social since most very much kept to themselves. As I`ve gotten older and discovered more about them and some of the music they are into, I think it gives them a sense of belonging. And they think it`s cool. THats my take on it. It may not be very original anymore, but I`ve found most Goths a little eccentric, but intersting people who I don`t discriminate against anymore.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 03:11:46 PM »

I don't think they get criticized because they look scary. They get criticized because they think putting on some mascara makes them original.

When I see a goth, I see someone who is trying desperately to get some attention.

yea i agree...how can they be original if they all buy clothes from the same shops  hihi

wearing black clothes is certainly a possible sign of psychological problems, whether it be depression, family problems etc

i knew a goth who didnt want to go to bon jovi concerts because there were too many gay people in the crowd...the prejudice is certainly not original

they dont bother me though, each to their own

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »

wearing black clothes is certainly a possible sign of psychological problems, whether it be depression, family problems etc

i knew a goth who didnt want to go to bon jovi concerts because there were too many gay people in the crowd...the prejudice is certainly not original

the prejudice is certainly not original
yeah, right. Roll Eyes
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 04:46:44 PM »

ya but a lot of the cloths i own are also black, but im not gothic. so you cant have this stupid sterotype "black clothes + black hair = gothic" like most people do.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 12:21:55 AM »

I had a bit of a pseudo-goth phase myself last summer.? I teased and dyed my hair black, listened to The Cure, moped, and I even wore lipstick one day (although it was pink and barely noticable).? I never really had the total goth viewpoint, though.? I was just a little depressed at the time, and I liked The Cure.? 80s goth music is really awesome, anyway.? Those bands made depression dancable, and that's the kind of goth I like.

My high school actually had a fairly big clique of goth/punk kids.? I talked to them every now and then and they were cool, but something about them just made them seem like poseurs.? I never really befriended any, though.? Maybe it was the style; they were all into Marilyn Manson, Korn and Slipknot, whereas my gothic interests tended towards 80s goth music.? In the end, though, I think I just wasn't the goth type.? I mean, I was more of an 80s goth even in my brief phase.? In general, I'm more of a glam rock/heavy metal kid anyway.? ?And I think part of me saw the high school goths as fake anyway.? Nevertheless, I did somehow end up spending my prom with them.? I think it was because I didn't have a date and neither did any of them, so I just kinda floated over to them.

At the moment, the only real goth tendencies I still have are a liking for 80s goth groups like Bauhaus and the Sisters of Mercy, and the fact that I think goth chicks are really, really hot.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 12:23:53 AM by Mattman » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:56:17 AM »

I like "goth" I guess.

But just like anything else..unless you are one of the only ones doing it...your really just a copy cat, just like everybody else.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 06:25:06 AM »

I'm really not into that goth/metal/hard-rock "world". I don't know...they might be nice people but it just doesn't make it for me. all that make-up and tatoos and black clothes...We have absolutely nothing in comun.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 06:41:51 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Friedemann
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 06:38:06 AM »

I guess it's just another part of youth culture, as much as punk

of course you're not supposed to judge people by what they look like but on the other hand you can't deny that many of us define ourselves by what we wear

punks are hardly original neither, they all wear the same Che Guevara shirts, I think they're all made in China by some Adidas subsidiary
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »

the prejudice is certainly not original
yeah, right. Roll Eyes

...and your point is?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 01:47:51 AM »

of course you're not supposed to judge people by what they look like but on the other hand you can't deny that many of us define ourselves by what we wear

I read this one funny book that said that the pace of modern life is so fast-paced that there isn't really enough time to really get to know people anymore.  Judging people by the clothes they wear is the easiest and most logical way of getting around this problem.  hihi

punks are hardly original neither, they all wear the same Che Guevara shirts, I think they're all made in China by some Adidas subsidiary

Yeah, I think most people who wear Che Guevera t-shirts don't even know who the guy is.
Friedemann
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 02:19:34 AM »

Judging people by the clothes they wear is the easiest and most logical way of getting around this problem.? hihi

well that makes some sense, doesn't it?

I think it's funny how pop culture and music want to assure us "to go our own way" and that we're "something special" when the message is brought by people who look the same, style the same, dress the same, sing the same and have the same multimillion dollar softdrink ad contracts

I ain't claiming to be original neither
journey
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 02:25:04 AM »

I don't get all the black shit....what if there were a group of people...the opposite of Goth..wearing white all the time........ rofl live and let live I say, just stay out of my way Wink

That's hilarious Lisa. ?hihi

I don't have a problem with the gothic look. I think it's cool. It would be boring if we were all alike.

Buddy J.B.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »

I fucking hate gothic kids and I'm proud of it. They have poor taste in things , I'm sorry.. They're a shame to Rock n' Roll. Somehow in school, goths found out I listen to like Metallica and other heavy metal groups, one fuck asks " hey nice music I hear on your headphones but wears the black nail polish,black pants or piercings?" I say" dude you tell me,  but I listen to the music more than staring at the album covers 24/7 ." The goth chicks are fucking butches and the goth dudes are fucking pansies. All they are is nothing but the biggest group of fucking losers ever that cry and cut themselves with blades. And they babble on forever how they think it's dumb to celebrate Christmas because there's no official truth that Jesus existed. You must be a fucking dumbass to be obsessed with a color. And when was there gothic people born? Isn't gothic a type of architecture for buildings in history? Parents got to stop abusing their kids, that is what's turning them into a bunch of clowns.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »

? I don't have any problem with goths...i actually like them.? They're no different everyone else they just have their own style and way of going about things.? I find my friends which of goths and the many i've met and meet are some of the greatest people to talk to.? I find often a lot of them are confused, get depressed and down and maybe the whole goth thing is like a mask for them, to distance themselves from the rest in society...fine many of them do drugs....which im definately not complaining about but i find alot of people just stereotype them as weirdo's.? Looking at this thread many of you seem to have no clue whatsoever.? People wanting them to stay out of the way, saying they cut themselves with blades, hey some young people get down and are suicidal it's not just goths, fine some are crazy and extreme, some are weird but hell, some gay men are rapists...do we avoid all of them, some black men are bombers...do we avoid all blacks.? People should give them a chance, talk to them, they'll quickly realise they aren't so weird, they are not so different, people seem to have this perception they are all obsessed with death and shit....NOT true.

? Now i expect some of the judgments in this thread are based on experience and hell i can except that, i hate chavs, i've found all they do is attack people for no other reason than they way they dress (this has happened to me) and just hang around on street corners causing trouble.? Now i'm sure there are so perfectly sound chavs...out there...somewhere...maybe but hell i haven't met any.? What i'm trying to say is anyone who find goths to be weird, don't judge them straight away give them a chance, talk to them, like N.I.B. you may find you have a lot in common with them i've found i do.? I've spent many nights with my mates (goths included) just watching movies, smoking dope having great conversations.? Remember just cos some of them (and this is a very small number) are crazy, blade cutting weirdo's does not mean they all are very few are remember there are weirdo's in all social groups.

Edit: Isn't Jim the Mod a Goth?
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:05:03 PM »

i agree with a lot of people on this thread,
  I don't have any problem with goths...i actually like them.  They're no different everyone else they just have their own style and way of going about things.  I find my friends which of goths and the many i've met and meet are some of the greatest people to talk to.  I find often a lot of them are confused, get depressed and down and maybe the whole goth thing is like a mask for them, to distance themselves from the rest in society...fine many of them do drugs....which im definately not complaining about but i find alot of people just stereotype them as weirdo's.  Looking at this thread many of you seem to have no clue whatsoever.  People wanting them to stay out of the way, saying they cut themselves with blades, hey some young people get down and are suicidal it's not just goths, fine some are crazy and extreme, some are weird but hell, some gay men are rapists...do we avoid all of them, some black men are bombers...do we avoid all blacks.  People should give them a chance, talk to them, they'll quickly realise they aren't so weird, they are not so different, people seem to have this perception they are all obsessed with death and shit....NOT true.

Now i expect some of the judgments in this thread are based on experience and hell i can except that, i hate chavs, i've found all they do is attack people for no other reason than they way they dress (this has happened to me) and just hang around on street corners causing trouble.  Now i'm sure there are so perfectly sound chavs...out there...somewhere...maybe but hell i haven't met any.  What i'm trying to say is anyone who find goths to be weird, don't judge them straight away give them a chance, talk to them, like N.I.B. you may find you have a lot in common with them i've found i do.  I've spent many nights with my mates (goths included) just watching movies, smoking dope having great conversations.  Remember just cos some of them (and this is a very small number) are crazy, blade cutting weirdo's does not mean they all are very few are remember there are weirdo's in all social groups.

i agree wit u,bout not jugdin them all the same but then again the ones iv met wont talk to me an my friends wen we try,an they mite feel isolated but they do it to them selves.

also bout the gils bein hot! manye thers loads more but the goth girls iv met ruin their looks with the black,greasy hair thats goin bak to its original colour at the roots,the white makeup an the too black eye-liner!

If you want to be original thats the rng way to go about it! me an my friends are original an bein original isnt jus bout doin or wearin things jus cus no one else does its bout doin or wearin things cus u wanna an not bcause other people do or dont do those things!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 05:09:30 PM »

I fucking hate gothic kids and I'm proud of it. They have poor taste in things , I'm sorry.. They're a shame to Rock n' Roll. Somehow in school, goths found out I listen to like Metallica and other heavy metal groups, one fuck asks " hey nice music I hear on your headphones but wears the black nail polish,black pants or piercings?" I say" dude you tell me,  but I listen to the music more than staring at the album covers 24/7 ." The goth chicks are fucking butches and the goth dudes are fucking pansies. All they are is nothing but the biggest group of fucking losers ever that cry and cut themselves with blades. And they babble on forever how they think it's dumb to celebrate Christmas because there's no official truth that Jesus existed. You must be a fucking dumbass to be obsessed with a color. And when was there gothic people born? Isn't gothic a type of architecture for buildings in history? Parents got to stop abusing their kids, that is what's turning them into a bunch of clowns.

jeeez....  confused

goth girls rules... my ex girfriend was goth.. but not teen goth kinda..  :p

and not all people wearing spikes and wear black are goth.. and its not the same to be satanist... two different things...

as for obbsesed with 1 color? my exg/f wore white skirts, purple corests and all kinda colors, as long as its old fashion its goth.. kinda..

and i only wear black (well, almost).. why? i dont bother to go shopping, i own 2 pants i use, they are black.. i got lots'a band shirts, they are all black, exept one...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »

If he was more gothic, it'd be illegal!? hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 08:37:57 PM »

Hey, the side I see of the goth thing is an escape for kids who don't fit into with other cliques at school. They change their image just to scare people because they're insecure. Two wrongs just don't make a right. After all these years in school watching the preps make fun of dorks , they try to get back at the preps by wearing all black and pounds of make-up.

I don't think they're being themselves at all. They have to learn to tolerate those asshole's opinions and realize looking scary and offensive doesn't make their enemies stop hating them. And about the goth chicks I mentioned earlier, I meant the ones that wear boy clothes like pants a dude would wear and boy's t-shirts. I don't like the black lipstick either and the other dark make-up too. But I do like the short leather skirt with the fish nets they wear as stockings.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 08:55:59 PM »

Hey, the side I see of the goth thing is an escape for kids who don't fit into with other cliques at school.
Yep i see that to...i agree with that point.

They change their image just to scare people because they're insecure.
To scare people  Roll Eyes You mean people are seriously scared of goths, now that i find amusing people who are scared of goths...they're the ones who need help....there's fuck all to be scared of.  Now like i said i agree they may change their image due to insecurities but it's because many of them being this way find escapism in certain music and circles of people and the image comes along with it, i can't really see them thinking 'Oooo i hate everyone, i'll be a Goth to scare them'

Two wrongs just don't make a right.
Fuck! That expression needs taking out into the woods and shooting with a shotgun, teachers always used to use that against me when i would hit somebody although i had been provoked, fine it may be true in one sense but hell i still felt better for hitting the cunts....anyway that's a different topic....
? ? ?
I don't think they're being themselves at all
You sure? Can you read people's minds, i can see why many think that way and i admit some may not be themselves but you also have to remember everyone is different....Goths are just another group of people with their own fashion and views, being yourself is do what your want, what you feel in your self is you...what is right...and most importantly what makes you happy....if they are happy with the make-up and stuff then does it really matter?

Jimbo The Goth...The 'Nearly' Illegal Moderator.....Why don't you give your views since you live on the darkside Grin
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »

i can't really see them thinking 'Oooo i hate everyone, i'll be a Goth to scare them'

Speak for yourself, I was one of them. Well not exactly a goth, but it was once my goal to scare the bullies who pissed me off in the past. I started wearing all black and became a loose cannon. It didn't help me succeed though , my anger-issue landed me in a shitty alternative school I just hated. But hey I learned from my mistake and I'm proud of it. ok
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:10 AM »

It is all a clique. They have very good taste in music though. I diddn`t get it when I was in high school but I now see it as an identity for them to feel some sort of belonging to a group. And innovators such as The Cure and other Goth groups brought their mindset to the mainstream in a way.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2005, 01:08:35 PM »

ma gf is a goth. i love her 2 bits. they r so underrated and unfairly treated. i feel sorry 4 em (the real goths not wannabe).

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Ha. No. That's Chris Misfits sick joke.

I have nothing majorly against what it is to be a goth, just pretty much all of those who I have met that claim to be gothic, goth, or whatever are usually idiots...

...And, usually, pretty dumb? On the whole, for how they dress, they're an incredibly pretentious lot.

But, I don't want to start generalising...

Edit: Because I like Cradle of Filth...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 01:27:14 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »

I think goths are treated differently... because... people, as a whole, fear the unknown, and goths present this sort of dark, mysterious type persona, and they create fear in the small minded people. 

Generally, the mind set is:  that which you do not understand, attempt to control it, if you can't control it, shun it.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

I agree with buddy J. B. saying gothics are insecure, everyone that wears make up, masks and stuff like that not for entertainment but for a living I really think are very insecure to show the world how real they are.
Personaly I don't have anythign agaisnt gothics but sometimes they are too depresive on everything thats really not healthy for anyone  peace

No man can be my equal
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »

I think a lot of them are just moronic and have no sense of self, and those of them that are interesting people with things to say and that sort of stuff are just grappling for validation and some kind of identity that isn't their own.
sorry, but goth is not original. it's not shocking anymore. they're not 'mysterious' or shunned anymore. it's just a fad and it's sad. i wish people could create their own identities for themelves instead of picking and choosing between what's already there and what's 'in' or whatever the fuck it is.
i can say this for a fact beause i definitely experimented with that shit and it's mostly purely superficial, and limiting. and if you're consciously limiting yourself for how 'cool' others will perceive you to be, that's just the most fucking pathetic thing in the world.
live your life, do your own thing, and listen to nobody.

robots.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 07:29:26 PM »

Wanting to express themselves and be different is not moronic...  I find wanting to fit in and be part of the 'norm' to be much more boring and lacking in originality. 

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

generally, unless you're extremely uninteresting you don't have to look like everyone else in your little social group to 'express yourself'
sorry but goth has become conformity to anti-conformity. i don't know what it's like around where you live, but around here, it's cluttered with goth mall rats that all look alike and think they're making a statement by wearing corporation mass produced wristbands and cliched anarchy shirts and that sort of shit.
the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not  being original in any way.
do your own fucking thing, forget about these stupid fucking labels and mass produced shit marketed to the masses.
i also find wanting to fit it and be norm to be boring and lacking in origniality, but 'goth' is no more original or inspired. personally, to get away from that shit i design and make my own clothes.

robots.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2005, 09:17:08 PM »

generally, unless you're extremely uninteresting you don't have to look like everyone else in your little social group to 'express yourself'
sorry but goth has become conformity to anti-conformity. i don't know what it's like around where you live, but around here, it's cluttered with goth mall rats that all look alike and think they're making a statement by wearing corporation mass produced wristbands and cliched anarchy shirts and that sort of shit.
the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not? being original in any way.
do your own fucking thing, forget about these stupid fucking labels and mass produced shit marketed to the masses.
i also find wanting to fit it and be norm to be boring and lacking in origniality, but 'goth' is no more original or inspired. personally, to get away from that shit i design and make my own clothes.
I agree. yes
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 09:19:00 PM by Buddy J.B. » Logged
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »

some goths are sound though. but all "labelling" kinda sucks. in school people call me and my m8 goths coz we wear rock tee's that just happened to be black Roll Eyes
i would never consider myself a "goth" (the ones i've met can be very depressing) i just happen to like black gear.

What's so civil about war anyway?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2005, 12:22:58 PM »

the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not  being original in any way.

absolutely agree...do a search for "buy goth clothes" on google and you get 2 million hits hihi

(Winston Churchill)"
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2005, 12:28:46 PM »

Becoming a goth to support anti-conformity is like joining the kkk to support racial equality, it just doesn't work anymore. Never really did if you ask me.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

Goths r 1 of da best people. firstly, theyr reserved to themselves and as a result, cause no truble. wot more do ya need? u c chavs starting fights 4 no fucking reason on sum1 theyv neva seen. goths dont do that.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2005, 06:12:27 PM »

I guess you could have called me goth for many years, yes the girls are hot, yes the music is great, and yes it was a lot of depressed and emotional people.  I think a lot of those day transversed into what I am now, and I met some of the coolest people then.  I will say however some were cheesey losers that acted a certain way and tried to hard with their clove cigarettes etc.  But darkness and sorrow are a part of life, I found an embracement and acceptance of them when I was into that scene. 

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2005, 07:03:41 PM »

There's this website called gothic goose or duck or somthing like that....  and it tells about these goths who just want to get attention.. its funny and cool.  I'll find it...

http://www.gothgoose.net/main.htm

Woot!! Check it out!!  ok

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Evolution
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2005, 02:29:13 PM »

Its been said by quite a few people on this board and i echo the sentiments, Gothic people are amongst the nicest i know. Don't judge a book by it's cover
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2005, 04:44:49 PM »

Its been said by quite a few people on this board and i echo the sentiments, Gothic people are amongst the nicest i know. Don't judge a book by it's cover

dont get me wrong im one of the last people to judge others by what they look like its jus that most of the goths iv met arnt actually goths! its the same kinda people that pretend they are into what others are jus to fit in!thats why i dont like some goths not all but some. an its not even that i dont like them its jus that i dont like their lifestyle.

oh by the way drama_qween, cool site,very funny hihi

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2005, 05:32:13 PM »

I have no issues with Goths, but its the people who actually think they are vampires are rather strange.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »

I guess you could have called me goth for many years, yes the girls are hot, yes the music is great, and yes it was a lot of depressed and emotional people.? I think a lot of those day transversed into what I am now, and I met some of the coolest people then.? I will say however some were cheesey losers that acted a certain way and tried to hard with their clove cigarettes etc.? But darkness and sorrow are a part of life, I found an embracement and acceptance of them when I was into that scene.?

pretty cool topic , i agree.

for all the ones that dont like gothic people because they are fake i can agree , but then you have to understand that they are just for the fashion , like in everything , like you cant say punk its bad because MTV says that Blink182 its punk and all those kids go to hot topic and buy blink t-shirts and chains and they feel they are exprecing something, those are trends and  like in any movement they will be posers.

but theres authentic people that feel the need to comunicate or stop comunicating something in the way they dress , it can be for a lot of different things , because they feel bad,sad,angry or whatever. i think gothic people dress that way to show a discomfort of certain things and the sense of not belonging . that shoud be respected .
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2005, 10:32:27 PM »

im not gothic, but i love it. I wear black all the time, long black hair, Black metal band shirts, etc  but im not a full on gothic

I love the image but ok
i think goth chicks look hot as  drool

yes, you would get some fucker who blams the world on his shit and dress and call himself a gothic, yes, but for all you who slag all gothics just because of the image and throw em' all in one pile then then get fucked. They're alot of cool gothic's out there n' are friendly as hell, not all of em' are sad depressed little babys screamin' for help.

If ya wanna see me full gothed up, check out the Cradle of Filth - Heavy Left Handed and Canded DVD, i managed to get 5 seconds of glory back stage on camera, full make up n' shit, but i cant show my mum, 'cause on it im pretending to bang my ex' misses over a pole rofl

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: