Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gothic People
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gothic People  (Read 10587 times)
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »

I fucking hate gothic kids and I'm proud of it. They have poor taste in things , I'm sorry.. They're a shame to Rock n' Roll. Somehow in school, goths found out I listen to like Metallica and other heavy metal groups, one fuck asks " hey nice music I hear on your headphones but wears the black nail polish,black pants or piercings?" I say" dude you tell me,  but I listen to the music more than staring at the album covers 24/7 ." The goth chicks are fucking butches and the goth dudes are fucking pansies. All they are is nothing but the biggest group of fucking losers ever that cry and cut themselves with blades. And they babble on forever how they think it's dumb to celebrate Christmas because there's no official truth that Jesus existed. You must be a fucking dumbass to be obsessed with a color. And when was there gothic people born? Isn't gothic a type of architecture for buildings in history? Parents got to stop abusing their kids, that is what's turning them into a bunch of clowns.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »

? I don't have any problem with goths...i actually like them.? They're no different everyone else they just have their own style and way of going about things.? I find my friends which of goths and the many i've met and meet are some of the greatest people to talk to.? I find often a lot of them are confused, get depressed and down and maybe the whole goth thing is like a mask for them, to distance themselves from the rest in society...fine many of them do drugs....which im definately not complaining about but i find alot of people just stereotype them as weirdo's.? Looking at this thread many of you seem to have no clue whatsoever.? People wanting them to stay out of the way, saying they cut themselves with blades, hey some young people get down and are suicidal it's not just goths, fine some are crazy and extreme, some are weird but hell, some gay men are rapists...do we avoid all of them, some black men are bombers...do we avoid all blacks.? People should give them a chance, talk to them, they'll quickly realise they aren't so weird, they are not so different, people seem to have this perception they are all obsessed with death and shit....NOT true.

? Now i expect some of the judgments in this thread are based on experience and hell i can except that, i hate chavs, i've found all they do is attack people for no other reason than they way they dress (this has happened to me) and just hang around on street corners causing trouble.? Now i'm sure there are so perfectly sound chavs...out there...somewhere...maybe but hell i haven't met any.? What i'm trying to say is anyone who find goths to be weird, don't judge them straight away give them a chance, talk to them, like N.I.B. you may find you have a lot in common with them i've found i do.? I've spent many nights with my mates (goths included) just watching movies, smoking dope having great conversations.? Remember just cos some of them (and this is a very small number) are crazy, blade cutting weirdo's does not mean they all are very few are remember there are weirdo's in all social groups.

Edit: Isn't Jim the Mod a Goth?
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:05:03 PM »

i agree with a lot of people on this thread,
  I don't have any problem with goths...i actually like them.  They're no different everyone else they just have their own style and way of going about things.  I find my friends which of goths and the many i've met and meet are some of the greatest people to talk to.  I find often a lot of them are confused, get depressed and down and maybe the whole goth thing is like a mask for them, to distance themselves from the rest in society...fine many of them do drugs....which im definately not complaining about but i find alot of people just stereotype them as weirdo's.  Looking at this thread many of you seem to have no clue whatsoever.  People wanting them to stay out of the way, saying they cut themselves with blades, hey some young people get down and are suicidal it's not just goths, fine some are crazy and extreme, some are weird but hell, some gay men are rapists...do we avoid all of them, some black men are bombers...do we avoid all blacks.  People should give them a chance, talk to them, they'll quickly realise they aren't so weird, they are not so different, people seem to have this perception they are all obsessed with death and shit....NOT true.

Now i expect some of the judgments in this thread are based on experience and hell i can except that, i hate chavs, i've found all they do is attack people for no other reason than they way they dress (this has happened to me) and just hang around on street corners causing trouble.  Now i'm sure there are so perfectly sound chavs...out there...somewhere...maybe but hell i haven't met any.  What i'm trying to say is anyone who find goths to be weird, don't judge them straight away give them a chance, talk to them, like N.I.B. you may find you have a lot in common with them i've found i do.  I've spent many nights with my mates (goths included) just watching movies, smoking dope having great conversations.  Remember just cos some of them (and this is a very small number) are crazy, blade cutting weirdo's does not mean they all are very few are remember there are weirdo's in all social groups.

i agree wit u,bout not jugdin them all the same but then again the ones iv met wont talk to me an my friends wen we try,an they mite feel isolated but they do it to them selves.

also bout the gils bein hot! manye thers loads more but the goth girls iv met ruin their looks with the black,greasy hair thats goin bak to its original colour at the roots,the white makeup an the too black eye-liner!

If you want to be original thats the rng way to go about it! me an my friends are original an bein original isnt jus bout doin or wearin things jus cus no one else does its bout doin or wearin things cus u wanna an not bcause other people do or dont do those things!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 05:09:30 PM »

I fucking hate gothic kids and I'm proud of it. They have poor taste in things , I'm sorry.. They're a shame to Rock n' Roll. Somehow in school, goths found out I listen to like Metallica and other heavy metal groups, one fuck asks " hey nice music I hear on your headphones but wears the black nail polish,black pants or piercings?" I say" dude you tell me,  but I listen to the music more than staring at the album covers 24/7 ." The goth chicks are fucking butches and the goth dudes are fucking pansies. All they are is nothing but the biggest group of fucking losers ever that cry and cut themselves with blades. And they babble on forever how they think it's dumb to celebrate Christmas because there's no official truth that Jesus existed. You must be a fucking dumbass to be obsessed with a color. And when was there gothic people born? Isn't gothic a type of architecture for buildings in history? Parents got to stop abusing their kids, that is what's turning them into a bunch of clowns.

jeeez....  confused

goth girls rules... my ex girfriend was goth.. but not teen goth kinda..  :p

and not all people wearing spikes and wear black are goth.. and its not the same to be satanist... two different things...

as for obbsesed with 1 color? my exg/f wore white skirts, purple corests and all kinda colors, as long as its old fashion its goth.. kinda..

and i only wear black (well, almost).. why? i dont bother to go shopping, i own 2 pants i use, they are black.. i got lots'a band shirts, they are all black, exept one...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »

If he was more gothic, it'd be illegal!? hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 08:37:57 PM »

Hey, the side I see of the goth thing is an escape for kids who don't fit into with other cliques at school. They change their image just to scare people because they're insecure. Two wrongs just don't make a right. After all these years in school watching the preps make fun of dorks , they try to get back at the preps by wearing all black and pounds of make-up.

I don't think they're being themselves at all. They have to learn to tolerate those asshole's opinions and realize looking scary and offensive doesn't make their enemies stop hating them. And about the goth chicks I mentioned earlier, I meant the ones that wear boy clothes like pants a dude would wear and boy's t-shirts. I don't like the black lipstick either and the other dark make-up too. But I do like the short leather skirt with the fish nets they wear as stockings.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 08:55:59 PM »

Hey, the side I see of the goth thing is an escape for kids who don't fit into with other cliques at school.
Yep i see that to...i agree with that point.

They change their image just to scare people because they're insecure.
To scare people  Roll Eyes You mean people are seriously scared of goths, now that i find amusing people who are scared of goths...they're the ones who need help....there's fuck all to be scared of.  Now like i said i agree they may change their image due to insecurities but it's because many of them being this way find escapism in certain music and circles of people and the image comes along with it, i can't really see them thinking 'Oooo i hate everyone, i'll be a Goth to scare them'

Two wrongs just don't make a right.
Fuck! That expression needs taking out into the woods and shooting with a shotgun, teachers always used to use that against me when i would hit somebody although i had been provoked, fine it may be true in one sense but hell i still felt better for hitting the cunts....anyway that's a different topic....
? ? ?
I don't think they're being themselves at all
You sure? Can you read people's minds, i can see why many think that way and i admit some may not be themselves but you also have to remember everyone is different....Goths are just another group of people with their own fashion and views, being yourself is do what your want, what you feel in your self is you...what is right...and most importantly what makes you happy....if they are happy with the make-up and stuff then does it really matter?

Jimbo The Goth...The 'Nearly' Illegal Moderator.....Why don't you give your views since you live on the darkside Grin
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »

i can't really see them thinking 'Oooo i hate everyone, i'll be a Goth to scare them'

Speak for yourself, I was one of them. Well not exactly a goth, but it was once my goal to scare the bullies who pissed me off in the past. I started wearing all black and became a loose cannon. It didn't help me succeed though , my anger-issue landed me in a shitty alternative school I just hated. But hey I learned from my mistake and I'm proud of it. ok
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:10 AM »

It is all a clique. They have very good taste in music though. I diddn`t get it when I was in high school but I now see it as an identity for them to feel some sort of belonging to a group. And innovators such as The Cure and other Goth groups brought their mindset to the mainstream in a way.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2005, 01:08:35 PM »

ma gf is a goth. i love her 2 bits. they r so underrated and unfairly treated. i feel sorry 4 em (the real goths not wannabe).

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Ha. No. That's Chris Misfits sick joke.

I have nothing majorly against what it is to be a goth, just pretty much all of those who I have met that claim to be gothic, goth, or whatever are usually idiots...

...And, usually, pretty dumb? On the whole, for how they dress, they're an incredibly pretentious lot.

But, I don't want to start generalising...

Edit: Because I like Cradle of Filth...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 01:27:14 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2005, 03:44:07 PM »

I think goths are treated differently... because... people, as a whole, fear the unknown, and goths present this sort of dark, mysterious type persona, and they create fear in the small minded people. 

Generally, the mind set is:  that which you do not understand, attempt to control it, if you can't control it, shun it.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »

I agree with buddy J. B. saying gothics are insecure, everyone that wears make up, masks and stuff like that not for entertainment but for a living I really think are very insecure to show the world how real they are.
Personaly I don't have anythign agaisnt gothics but sometimes they are too depresive on everything thats really not healthy for anyone  peace

No man can be my equal
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »

I think a lot of them are just moronic and have no sense of self, and those of them that are interesting people with things to say and that sort of stuff are just grappling for validation and some kind of identity that isn't their own.
sorry, but goth is not original. it's not shocking anymore. they're not 'mysterious' or shunned anymore. it's just a fad and it's sad. i wish people could create their own identities for themelves instead of picking and choosing between what's already there and what's 'in' or whatever the fuck it is.
i can say this for a fact beause i definitely experimented with that shit and it's mostly purely superficial, and limiting. and if you're consciously limiting yourself for how 'cool' others will perceive you to be, that's just the most fucking pathetic thing in the world.
live your life, do your own thing, and listen to nobody.

robots.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 07:29:26 PM »

Wanting to express themselves and be different is not moronic...  I find wanting to fit in and be part of the 'norm' to be much more boring and lacking in originality. 

spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

generally, unless you're extremely uninteresting you don't have to look like everyone else in your little social group to 'express yourself'
sorry but goth has become conformity to anti-conformity. i don't know what it's like around where you live, but around here, it's cluttered with goth mall rats that all look alike and think they're making a statement by wearing corporation mass produced wristbands and cliched anarchy shirts and that sort of shit.
the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not  being original in any way.
do your own fucking thing, forget about these stupid fucking labels and mass produced shit marketed to the masses.
i also find wanting to fit it and be norm to be boring and lacking in origniality, but 'goth' is no more original or inspired. personally, to get away from that shit i design and make my own clothes.

robots.
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2005, 09:17:08 PM »

generally, unless you're extremely uninteresting you don't have to look like everyone else in your little social group to 'express yourself'
sorry but goth has become conformity to anti-conformity. i don't know what it's like around where you live, but around here, it's cluttered with goth mall rats that all look alike and think they're making a statement by wearing corporation mass produced wristbands and cliched anarchy shirts and that sort of shit.
the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not? being original in any way.
do your own fucking thing, forget about these stupid fucking labels and mass produced shit marketed to the masses.
i also find wanting to fit it and be norm to be boring and lacking in origniality, but 'goth' is no more original or inspired. personally, to get away from that shit i design and make my own clothes.
I agree. yes
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 09:19:00 PM by Buddy J.B. » Logged
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »

some goths are sound though. but all "labelling" kinda sucks. in school people call me and my m8 goths coz we wear rock tee's that just happened to be black Roll Eyes
i would never consider myself a "goth" (the ones i've met can be very depressing) i just happen to like black gear.

What's so civil about war anyway?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2005, 12:22:58 PM »

the entire idealism has become complete hypocrisy and it no longer has any social impact. and you're not being 'different' by being goth, you're fitting in by being exactly like all the other goths. how is there any difference? if you take to any little labeled social group, you're not  being original in any way.

absolutely agree...do a search for "buy goth clothes" on google and you get 2 million hits hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2005, 12:28:46 PM »

Becoming a goth to support anti-conformity is like joining the kkk to support racial equality, it just doesn't work anymore. Never really did if you ask me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: