Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:17:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 73414 times)
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« on: February 04, 2004, 01:23:21 PM »

Just my opinion, but since it is now the first week of February and we have no word from Axl in over 14 months (not 1 word mind you), and since there is supposed to be a concert on May 30, 2004 that alot of you think won't take place without an album release, and given the fact that VR has already begun promotion on Comrades due out May 10, I was just thinking that there is now almost no chnace that CD will be out before May 30, 2004.

Furthermore, based on some comments from the band, it is likely that the album will not even be entirely done by then.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about an album anytime soon.  And if you do, then I have a bridge to sell you because you are just plain naive and stupid.

/Tulip
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 01:28:26 PM »

yeah you're right, the cd won't come out.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Crowebar
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 01:32:49 PM »

I don't get it anymore man. Huh no

Hey Axl???

Sometimes, you make me wanna' [puke] man.

Thanks a lot. Sad

Release the fucking album man and stop making yourself look like a complete, total fucking idiot loser.

[puke]
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 01:32:53 PM »

You only need one month to promote an album.
You dont need 4 or 5.
If gnr is smart, CD will be out before RIR>
IT really has to be bc the band cant play the RIR 3 set list.

Dizzy said axl is not holding up the album, so its the record labels call right now when it comes out i guess
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 01:33:46 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 01:39:11 PM »

Hmm, if CD doesn't hit this year then it will never be released...even die hard fans like me can't be bothered forever, its not as if GNR are the only good group out.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 01:43:57 PM »

Ty,

My guess is that we are going to see something this year.

That is Chinese Democracy or a Greatest Hits CD.

Many record stores have the Greatest Hits CD slotted for March 30th.

If this is the case then promotion will go out one month before.

flyers and shit for the mags.

Look at the last week of February - 1st week of March. If they pull the plug on the Greatest Hits then things could be good. That is if the GH's is not part of the promotional tool. nervous

In 2001. Festival gigs started announcing the lineup bills in late february - early march.

So I think wating till the second week of march is sane before we start spilling the doom n' gloom.

peace

-5th
Crowebar
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 01:44:31 PM »

It's getting pretty fucking lame and pathetic man. I know I usually don't like it when others complain but, I don't care anymore. I want some new fucking music that's worth listening to. If Janet and Justin and the rest of the lip-synching arsewipes are all that's out there, then I should just move to fucking Tibet or something and become a monk. 14 months??? Fuck man. Give us a break Axl-Hole.

[puke]
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 01:49:40 PM »

VR has already begun promotion on Comrades due out May 10, I was just thinking that there is now almost no chnace that CD will be out before May 30, 2004.

The VR album is called Contraband and is supposedly due out May 11.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 01:51:11 PM »

Hmm, if CD doesn't hit this year then it will never be released...even die hard fans like me can't be bothered forever, its not as if GNR are the only good group out.

Hey Izzy Smiley

i actually thought that like the last 3 years.....
But this time i might be different (?) Just a feeling.
Never the less i share your opinion dude, as most of us do i believe

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 01:51:54 PM »

Dizzy said axl is not holding up the album, so its the record labels call right now when it comes out i guess

I love how some people here continue to believe the band members.  They haven't been right once in the last 14 months.  Not once.  Their words are less credible than anyone elses.  If Dizzy says Axl isn't holding it up...then guess what?  It is likely that Axl is holding it up.

And it will take this band alot more than 1 month to promote their album if they want it to do well.  That is just ridiculous.  Look at VR...they started about 5 months before thier album is scheduled for release.  And if anyhting, GNR needs at least that much time to help repair their industry worst reputation.

No offense Dave, but stop being naive and stop believing what an increasingly out of touch band member has to say.  This thing won't be out before 5/31...guaranteed.

And Whiskey, does anyone here really give two shits about a GH cd?  I wouldn't buy that garbage if it were $2.  That release would be an insult to us all.

I may be too damn negative at this point, and I realize that.  But if you really think about it, I am probably more of a realist than I am a pessimist.

I will continue to check here from time to time to see if there is news, but what once was a once a day habit of checking this board has decreased to a twice a week habit and if this continues may turn into a once a month habit.  I just wish some of you would get your head out of your asses and realize that it ain't gonna happen before 5/31/04 no matter Dizzy or Mysteron or anyone else with no real information has to say.

/Tulip
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 01:53:11 PM »

VR has already begun promotion on Comrades due out May 10, I was just thinking that there is now almost no chnace that CD will be out before May 30, 2004.

The VR album is called Contraband and is supposedly due out May 11.

w/e
Crowebar
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 01:56:29 PM »

And Whiskey, does anyone here really give two shits about a GH cd?  I wouldn't buy that garbage if it were $2.  That release would be an insult to us all.

/Tulip

I agree about the GH's album man. I'll only buy it or, better yet, steal it so that I can [puke] all over it and then burn it.

yes ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 02:00:55 PM »

Well, Mysteron got the street teams all whipped up...can't he find us a little more info? Maybe even a hint of when Axl MIGHT say something? Huh
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 02:04:15 PM »

And it will take this band alot more than 1 month to promote their album if they want it to do well.

/Tulip

oh yeah, definately. bringing GN'R back to life in the eyes of the general public is gonna take more than a month!

I don't know what the "master plan" behind this project is (probably none), but it Im pretty sure that if it should work out to the best, it's gonna take some time, not privately like it has till now, but publically.

but who knows, maybe the record company aren't willing to spend much money on promotion in fear that Axl will pull the album in the last minute again..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
madagas
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »

Raoxlse said announcement in March-Mysteron said sometime over the next few weeks. That is all we have and probably all we'll get. Whether or not you believe them is up to you. Roll Eyes
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 02:22:29 PM »

They have until the 1st week of march to make an announcement concerning cd. That would give them 2 months of promotion for the album.

I highly doubt the label will release a gh album right now. If they do I would throw up. Save the Gh for down the road when gnr will have a shitload of albums to choose from.

If the album comes out at the latest 2 weeks before rio, the single will be out anywhere from late april/early may...so theres plenty of time.

I would be shocked if gnr play rir3 setlist again. And i also think it would be dumb for them to play the new songs live before the album comes out. Hence i believe the album will be out before rio.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 02:55:04 PM »

I would be shocked if gnr play rir3 setlist again. And i also think it would be dumb for them to play the new songs live before the album comes out. Hence i believe the album will be out before rio.

Your reasoning is good.  No doubt.  But the major flaw in your statements is the assumption that Axl has the slightest idea of what he is doing...which of course he doesn't.  The last tour (and lack of promotion thereof) is a perfect example of how he doesn't have a clue really on how to start this thing.

I would not use logic to predict that the album will be out before RIR4...because you are dealing with the illogical.  I still say that album has almost no chance of being out before RIR4.  And the more I thinka bout it and analyze it, the more I am convinced.

If you expect to release this thing before May 30, the time start mentioning this thing in public and in promotion is right now...wait no it was last month.  Giving only 2 months to promote an album for the running joke in Rock & Roll is no way near enough time.  Don't forget that off these boards, this band is a laughing stock.

/Tulip
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 02:56:13 PM by TyRod Tulip » Logged
madagas
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 03:13:30 PM »

Tyrod, do you have a degree in marketing?? Grin If the music is good, they will come..... drool
TyRod Tulip
Banned
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 03:21:14 PM »

Tyrod, do you have a degree in marketing?? Grin If the music is good, they will come..... drool

Didn't realize you need a degree in marketing to state the obvious.  

So you think that all albums that have good music on them do well?  In case you didn't know, there have been hundreds of great albums full of great music that haven't done well.  And in the case of GNR, they have to overcome alot of negative publicity (god aweful VMA performance, concert no-shows, failed tour) before they can even get back to even ground with other acts that have failed with good music...and if you think 2 months is enough time then you're wrong.

And one other thing...if they are counting on the quality of music we have heard so far to sell and promote their album then they are dead in the water.  Because songs like Maddy and The Blues will take them no where.  They need to be promoting this thing right now to give it even a shot of being successful, which is presumably what they want to be...successful.

God man, don't make a remark like "Do you have a marketing degree" when all I did was state the obvious.  I have 2 engineering degrees, and that's all it takes to see that GNR needs major promotion to be sucessful.

/Tulip
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2004, 03:27:45 PM »

Your reasoning is good.  No doubt.  But the major flaw in your statements is the assumption that Axl has the slightest idea of what he is doing...which of course he doesn't.  The last tour (and lack of promotion thereof) is a perfect example of how he doesn't have a clue really on how to start this thing.
I understand what your saying but I disagree. Axl definately knows what hes doing. Does he always get everything right? Hell no but he knows how to get to A to Z. As Zak wylde put it, Axl is one smart guy.
I think its unfair to bring up last tour because was it really set up to do well? Last tour was for the band to finally get out of the studio, gel in a live fashion, play the old songs for the most 1 last time, and to just get the gnr name back out there.
Did it fail, yes, but its not the end for them trust me.

If you expect to release this thing before May 30, the time start mentioning this thing in public and in promotion is right now...wait no it was last month.  Giving only 2 months to promote an album for the running joke in Rock & Roll is no way near enough time.  Don't forget that off these boards, this band is a laughing stock.
Lets just say for arguments sake, the album will be out before rio....
So lets say it comes out the tuesday before rio. That means they could release the single and the video 2-4 weeks before that. That brings us to at the latest, the last week of april.

Its is only Feb 4th relax. What use would 3 months of promotion do? Like i said if they make the announcements 1st week of march, that still gives them 2 solid months of promotion. Or they could make an announcement 2 weeks before they release the single.

I wont start worrying until march rolls around. When that time comes, then i will realize cd will not be coming out before rio. Which i think is stupid. Again why play rir3 setlist,illusion songs or the new songs in a live fashion first? Makes no sense.

I understand your skepticism and what has happened in the past but i only think things were like that becuase Gnr wasnt ready to do anything eyt. The album/s still werent finished. When they finally start things up they are going to be all over the place. Its just a matter of when there ready.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: