Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:15:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a Word Yet About CD = No New CD Before RIR4  (Read 73411 times)
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2004, 10:42:24 AM »

so what can u tell now?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2004, 10:52:01 AM »

so what can u tell now?

Nothing new
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2004, 09:46:12 AM »

i?ve read all of rao?s posts and i have to say that he is not the average poster... alot of it was reallly interesting..

what if he took it too far, lets say, to many sent him pm?s and too many believed him and such... i?m sure axl wouldn?t want to be known as a message board dude.. he was to obvious and not mesterious like mysteron.. what if he wanted to be banned and that he wanted us to believe he was a froud in the end...

i guess i just have to be more critical when i read this board.. rao had me going tho.. the beaten path and all that shit..  Tongue

fuck me

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2004, 01:31:09 PM »

Well back on topic....lets see a show of hand of the board members that actually think CD will be out before RIR4.  I started this thread over a week ago now, and at the time many people said to wait till mid-March.  Well, is there really a need to wait till mid-March?  I'd really like to know who here still has faith that CD will be out before RIR4.

/Tulip
loretian
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2004, 01:39:10 PM »

The only time I ever had faith that CD was actually coming out at a certain time was when there was a new album listed for Nov. 25th release on Amazon.com.

Right now, I still think it's possible it'll be out before RIR4.  I am actually giving it until the beginning of May for an announcement before I entirely rule it out, but after the beginning of April or so, I'd think it'd be highly unlikely.

If it was coming out May 24th, for example, it seems completely feasible that we wouldn't hear an announcement until the beginning of April.  I mean, this is Chinese Democracy after all, it's not going to be a normal release.  Of course, there are certain things they will and need to do for marketing, and there has to be an announcement a little while before the album comes out, but I wouldn't base my expectations of how the album release will work on other albums.  I think the best comparison would be the UYI's release, which, from what I've heard and read, wasn't very standard either.

Regardless, we'll get some news by RIR4, even if the news is that the band isn't going to appear.  Something, which is better than nothing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 01:43:26 PM by loretian » Logged
lastroots
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2004, 01:40:44 PM »

Honestly, this is the first time I have absolutely no idea what is going on. But if Axl really sues his label it looks worse than ever...

I'll wait for RIR.

/lastroots
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2004, 02:42:58 PM »

But if Axl really sues his label it looks worse than ever...

I agree, I think that this might turn into a big ugly battle if it happens.  Lets say that Axl sues them and wins, so no greatest hits are released.  Then Axl, feeling good about his win decides to jump ship to a new label because of what they did to him.  Then we start over again with the waiting game.  That would be really bad.   rofl
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2004, 11:33:49 AM »

Ok..here we are again.  When I started this thread in early february, there were many posts about "wait till mid-March" because we would surely know by then when CD would be out.  And if we don't know by then then it will never come out.

Just pick any of the previous pages on this thread and you will likely find 2 or 3 posters state that if we don't hear anything by mid-march then they would begin to worry or they would be sure that CD won't be out by RIR4.

Well here we are folks, March 10, 2004.  And we haven't heard a single word (NOT ONE WORD) from Axl Rose since 12/5/2002.  That is just incredibly hard to believe.  We actually don't know of one word that he has uttered since that date.  We visit here each day and it may seem like there is stuff going on from time to time, but the fact is that Axl hasn't utter a word to his fans or about CD or even about RIR4 since 12/5/02.

There is now absolutely no chance of CD coming out before RIR4 or near the VR release date.  There is probably a good chance that an album, per se, doesn't even exist in the form of an album.  If it does, then it most likely hasn't been given to the record company yet.

I have been visiting this board over the last month (as I have been over the last 3 or 4 years) and haven't bothered to post too much, but it seems that the majority of people here are willing to "wait till RIR4" because we will surely have word by then of Axl's plans.

I fail to see what connection GH has with release date of CD, and the only reason for no word from Axl on RIR4 is because he's not sure he is going to be there.  If I were in that area I wouldn't bother buying tickets to see GNR unless there are other bands there that you would like to see.  It is very possible (hell some would say likely) that GNR won't be there.

/Tulip

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2004, 12:45:14 PM »

Personally, I thought that for it to come out before RIR4, we'd need to hear something by the end of March.

With the greatest hits and all, I can't see that happening. However, from what Mysteron said, I expect some news by the end of April latest hopefully.

@#$%Muther
madagas
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2004, 12:49:48 PM »

TYROD, well, can't say I disagree with you except for the fact I believe there is an album....may or may not ever be released. Gnronline says all you need to hear-"NO NEWS FOUND".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 12:51:32 PM by madagas » Logged
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2004, 12:51:17 PM »

what about now?!? :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2004, 04:06:51 PM »

I think we'll hear something this month.
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2004, 04:14:22 PM »

I think we'll hear something this month.

i hope you're right, any news will be exciting about now

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Ace_Vegas
Opening Act

« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2004, 06:12:52 PM »

Oh yes, and my "source?"

A guy named Axl Rose.

I'm just catching up on what went down in this thread, but this infamous quote caught my eye.....

At this point who on this board would even take Axl himself seriously if he posted here?
Obviously the man has some serious demons in that gifted head of his. Does anyone really believe that Axl even has a real concept of time?  I would rather hear from a record exec.  or a lawyer as to the status of CD right now, rather than him.  Don't get me wrong, Axl is a musical genious and all, but in his paranoid head this album will never silence all his questioning deamons.  Axl is a cool guy who all of us would like to chill with, but the man is horribly unstable.  I would like to see one of his "handlers" slip a ruffie in his drink, swipe all his musical material, and hand it off to the record company.  Hell, in the morning tell him a little fiery floated away with his art so it could be placed alongside all the greatest musical works of the universe.  Tell ol' uncle Axl that the fiery will return on the fourth full moon of every second year from now forth.  I bet the genious will start flowing out of his weaved up dome like a sift after that.  

Dr H Lecter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2004, 08:19:15 PM »

No way in hell is it coming out before RIR4. For God's sake its the 11th of march and not a whisper, no updated site, no half credible rumour, no inkling of a possibility, nothing.
I have long since given up hope on Chinese Democracy partly due to advice from Mr Rose himself, he said "live your life" or words to that effect and thats just what I'm doing. I check these boards occasionally but my interest in CD has diminished signifcantly.
I dont think anyone knows when CD is coming out, perhaps even Axl himself, who knows anything.
The only certain fact is that we now know not much, if anything at all, more than we knew say in 99/00, that is the most damming fact of all.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 12:57:47 PM by Dr H Lecter » Logged
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2004, 09:51:47 PM »

well, gnronline is updated and that has got to count for something  hihi

i doubht we'll hear anything about cd before rir4, but who knows??? i do think that we'll hear something at the gig tho...

peace

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Hung Well
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2004, 08:57:30 AM »

Ok..here we are again.  When I started this thread in early february, there were many posts about "wait till mid-March" because we would surely know by then when CD would be out.  And if we don't know by then then it will never come out.

Just pick any of the previous pages on this thread and you will likely find 2 or 3 posters state that if we don't hear anything by mid-march then they would begin to worry or they would be sure that CD won't be out by RIR4.

Well here we are folks, March 10, 2004.  And we haven't heard a single word (NOT ONE WORD) from Axl Rose since 12/5/2002.  That is just incredibly hard to believe.  We actually don't know of one word that he has uttered since that date.  We visit here each day and it may seem like there is stuff going on from time to time, but the fact is that Axl hasn't utter a word to his fans or about CD or even about RIR4 since 12/5/02.

There is now absolutely no chance of CD coming out before RIR4 or near the VR release date.  There is probably a good chance that an album, per se, doesn't even exist in the form of an album.  If it does, then it most likely hasn't been given to the record company yet.

I have been visiting this board over the last month (as I have been over the last 3 or 4 years) and haven't bothered to post too much, but it seems that the majority of people here are willing to "wait till RIR4" because we will surely have word by then of Axl's plans.

I fail to see what connection GH has with release date of CD, and the only reason for no word from Axl on RIR4 is because he's not sure he is going to be there.  If I were in that area I wouldn't bother buying tickets to see GNR unless there are other bands there that you would like to see.  It is very possible (hell some would say likely) that GNR won't be there.

/Tulip

Agreed.  I can't believe people still think this album is coming anytime soon, if ever.  My guess is these people haven't been around the GNR community that long.  

I've only followed this site for a year and a half--a relatively short time compared to some.  Despite what Dizzy's wife, Dizzy himself, members of the band, or Mysteron says (who would all have you believe CD is near), I don't feel like anything has changed in a year and a half.  Aside from the tour (where no new songs were played), nothing has happened.  Zero.

Sun King
Opening Act

I won't be told anymore

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2004, 10:12:18 AM »

From a personal point of view - I feel that the release of GH indicates that CD may very well be released 'sometime soon'.
It seems to me that the record company are making moves to remind the casual music buyer and ex-fans just how good the band was which will generate interest in a new CD! (OK the track selection isn't as good as it should be but the label are always going to compile a tracklist with songs people regonise from the radio/TV etc. rather than putting songs on it that Mr. Joe Public won't instantly recall)

If Axls goes along with this promotional  idea is another matter but from a corporate point of view it makes good buisness sense and that is exactly what a record company is...a buisness!

Anyway that's my take on the situation

Sun King
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 02:55:51 PM by Sun King » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2004, 11:51:05 AM »

I can't believe people still think this album is coming anytime soon, if ever.  My guess is these people haven't been around the GNR community that long.  

I've only followed this site for a year and a half--a relatively short time compared to some.  Despite what Dizzy's wife, Dizzy himself, members of the band, or Mysteron says (who would all have you believe CD is near), I don't feel like anything has changed in a year and a half.  Aside from the tour (where no new songs were played), nothing has happened.  Zero.

People who have hung around these boards the longest can see that there is an album, and this is the closest we've come to thinking it's finished. There's nothing incredible about people thinking it's coming soon.

@#$%Muther
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2004, 02:51:18 PM »

I'm starting to believe this thread more and more.  Are they ever going to promote Chinese Democracy at all?  Is this something Axl's doing for fun?  I mean Geffen/Axl needs to get there act together and start getting the show on the road!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: