Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:30:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.  (Read 68085 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2004, 08:11:47 PM »

It appears that some people still don't understand that Slash and Duff quit Guns N' Roses. Axl stuck with it. It's great that VR are out there playing their own music, which is all the more reason they shouldn't be milking the GN'R name.

How can you not see that these guys built GnR? Not just Axl. So what if they quit? They still made it what it was.

It's crazy to say that they are "milking" the name. How much more can they say about it? They WERE GnR just as much as Axl.

If you built up a restaurant and made is a success. Then after 10 years you sold your share to your partner because you grew tired of it. But you wanted to open another restaurant. You'd advertise it "From the Chef that created Bistro!" That's how shit works in the real world. You'd use the name that you worked hard for to market it. You'd be stupid not to.

Plus there is no denying who they are. They are legends for THEIR ROLE IN GNR. Everybody knows who Slash is. What they hell is the guy supposed to do? Say "No that wasn't me man".

C'mon...get real. Give up your argument. It has no validity or rational thinking behind it!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2004, 08:13:21 PM »

Those guys were in GnR...they helped make that band. So they have every right to be titled "formerly of Guns n Roses". You think they shouldn't put that on their resume because they quit the band? haha, yea right.

Like I said I highly doubt that they'll spend lots of time on VR or the new GnR.

Hang on a minute, has everyone forgotten that slash said there would never be a reunion because Axl had soiled the GNR name, and he wanted nothing to do with it?

I thought he was moving on and leaving all Guns N Roses stuff behind, the way he was talking.

Now VR have an album, etc coming out, here he is being interviewed for GN'R BTM?

He has every right to be on the program, and if Axl doesnt participate it's his own fault. But why bother now after what he was saying before?

@#$%Muther

SLCPUNK
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2004, 08:17:55 PM »

Those guys were in GnR...they helped make that band. So they have every right to be titled "formerly of Guns n Roses". You think they shouldn't put that on their resume because they quit the band? haha, yea right.

Like I said I highly doubt that they'll spend lots of time on VR or the new GnR.

Hang on a minute, has everyone forgotten that slash said there would never be a reunion because Axl had soiled the GNR name, and he wanted nothing to do with it?

I thought he was moving on and leaving all Guns N Roses stuff behind, the way he was talking.

Now VR have an album, etc coming out, here he is being interviewed for GN'R BTM?

He has every right to be on the program, and if Axl doesnt participate it's his own fault. But why bother now after what he was saying before?

@#$%Muther

Even if he is doing the interview soley for the purpose of VR (which I don't think he is), the program is about GnR. Not VR. I still think it will be the typical format where they give the update in the last 5 minutes of the program.

Slash (and anybody else in the world) has been known to talk out of both sides of his mouth. And he also has the right to change his mind (like all of us).

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2004, 08:20:29 PM »

No Axl + No Izzy= No legitimacy. More power for VR taking advantage of a situation....but how many shots will Axl let be fired at him this year without responding?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2004, 08:31:32 PM »

You know what?

I suggest everyone watch it............then post on it.

These assumptions of what will happen or what should happen are ridiculuos.

Wait until it airs......if it even does air.......then post away.

For now, this thread is useless. yes
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2004, 08:34:15 PM »

has everyone forgotten that slash said there would never be a reunion because Axl had soiled the GNR name

This isnt a reunion...

and he wanted nothing to do with it?

Dont remember him saying that he "doesnt want anything to do with it".  Maybe you could refresh my memory with a quote?

Well, he is moving on, theres no question about that.  Dont remember him saying hes leaving it all behind, either.  Hes asked about GNR in every single interview he does, and hell continue to do so for the rest of his life.  He knows that theres no escaping the Guns N' Roses stigma.  So why not do a Behind The Music, give his side of the story on his largest platform yet, and promote VR in the process?  Because he thinks Axl fucked up the name and doesnt think a reunion is likely doesnt mean hes going to run away from "Guns N' Roses".  If that were the case, he wouldnt address the issue in every single interview.  Now he might get on BTM and answer whatever they ask him.  I would hope that all of the members participate, but if it doesnt happen, Im positive its the fault of those who did not participate.  

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2004, 08:51:46 PM »

In a perfect GN'R world you'd have all the members in "factions" doing interviews like :

Slash, Duff and Matt

Izzy and Steve

Gilby, Dizzy and Teddy Zig Zag

Tommy, Robyn, Brain, Fortus and Pittman

Axl and Paul Tobias

Each group would give their own insight! yes

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2004, 09:16:33 PM »

So why not do a Behind The Music, give his side of the story on his largest platform yet, and promote VR in the process?
Because we have heard his side of the story countless times. Its not about whos right or whos wrong. Its about having a fair outlook on gnr - past, present, and future. And the only way you can have an objective outlook on gnr is if you have all of the members involved.

And dont give me that bullshit about telling his side of the story in a big setting like btm. Booker, do you honestly think that he would be doing this if he was releasing an album right now?

Im not against any type of promotions for vr. If axl was in this and they did this legit and when at the end they discussed what each member is doing and promoted vr from there thats totally fine. But ill bet you anything the segment will be the Slash and duff have are the heroes type thing. ANd thats fine. Its not right or worng. But we dont get the other side.

SLash and Duff wouldnt be doing a gnr btm if they didnt have a project goin on. case closed. So they are using their past legacies to promote their album which is gay. They dont need to do that. They can do it in a much different way.

If that were the case, he wouldnt address the issue in every single interview.
lol its funny, its ok for slash to keep talking about his side of the story every time he interviews yet when axl says it in a press release people think hes an asshole and when he talks about his side a handful of times on tour hes an asshole. Yea i know Axl dropped an f bomb or something. WHat a bad guy.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2004, 09:42:55 PM »

SLash and Duff wouldnt be doing a gnr btm if they didnt have a project goin on. case closed. So they are using their past legacies to promote their album which is gay. They dont need to do that. They can do it in a much different way.

So what if they are using their past legacy to promote their album. Axl was doing the same thing to promote his new band by having his new band cover all the songs the old band wrote. If his new material was so good he would have never had to play old songs written by the others because the new material would certainly sell itself under your assumption. Of course they are going to flaunt their being in GNR. It is some of the best material ever written by any band. The would be stupid not to do so. If I was Slash I would be reminding everyone and their brother that that was me that wrote the solo's for PC, November Rain, Estragned, Nightrain, Sweet Child and about a million others. It will then register with people that "Hey, maybe if he wrote those killer riffs then, maybe their new stuff will be just as good" and then go by the album. What it is on their part is a SMART business plan. Something we are not accustomed to with the current incarnation of GNR.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2004, 09:50:08 PM »

Its a bummer that Axl and Izzy arent part of this (as of yet anyway) but you have to understand that Axl will probably never do a show like this where he is confronted with other versions because as much as we love him I suspect most are true and he cant handle it, he carries to much crap on his shoulders to come out looking good. If CD ever comes out he will probably do an interview but that wont include the old guys so the argument will probably be valid in that instance as well.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2004, 09:54:24 PM »

So why not do a Behind The Music, give his side of the story on his largest platform yet, and promote VR in the process?
Because we have heard his side of the story countless times. Its not about whos right or whos wrong. Its about having a fair outlook on gnr - past, present, and future. And the only way you can have an objective outlook on gnr is if you have all of the members involved.

And dont give me that bullshit about telling his side of the story in a big setting like btm. Booker, do you honestly think that he would be doing this if he was releasing an album right now?

Im not against any type of promotions for vr. If axl was in this and they did this legit and when at the end they discussed what each member is doing and promoted vr from there thats totally fine. But ill bet you anything the segment will be the Slash and duff have are the heroes type thing. ANd thats fine. Its not right or worng. But we dont get the other side.

If that were the case, he wouldnt address the issue in every single interview.
lol its funny, its ok for slash to keep talking about his side of the story every time he interviews yet when axl says it in a press release people think hes an asshole and when he talks about his side a handful of times on tour hes an asshole. Yea i know Axl dropped an f bomb or something. WHat a bad guy.

There's no need to condemn the people who actually had the nerve/balls/foresight/motive to participate in a show that's focusing on the early days of GNR, especially if they were actually in the band at that time.  And beyond that, without having seen or heard 1 word of the show yourself in the first place.

As long as Slash and Co are put in interview situations, they'll invariably be asked the GNR questions, get used to it.  It's not llike they're demanding "creative control" or prequalifying the questions.  

And you're right, they don't need this to promote their album, they've already had a charting single (Set Me Free) another blowing up radio as we speak, a sold out tour and a release date for a much anticipated album.  

Thank/Blame the success of the GH's, VH1 and good management for the timeliness of BTM.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:06:18 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2004, 10:09:10 PM »

You're all jumping to conclusions.  This report came from Blabbermouth, which got the original idea and details from this very site!!!  They relied on what a few people said on a message board.  They don't know anything at all.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2004, 10:10:14 PM »

Axl further delaying Chinese Democracy because of something past bandmates do that involves him? Yeah right. The one way to show they aren't in any way effecting him is to go on his schedule. He seems poised to do that.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2004, 10:59:53 PM »

If his new material was so good he would have never had to play old songs written by the others because the new material would certainly sell itself under your assumption.
Why play new songs when you arent ready to go ahead with the new material? When the ball finally gets rolling ill guarentee you that there will never be a future gnr set that has all of the old songs in it.

Of course they are going to flaunt their being in GNR. It is some of the best material ever written by any band. The would be stupid not to do so.
No shit,,,,im not disputing that

another blowing up radio as we speak, a sold out tour and a release date for a much anticipated album.
I wouldnt say its blowing up. Its doing well. Just like set me free. The hype will carry it. Lets see how long it lasts though. I havnt heard Set me free in months. Its not hwo it starts it about the shelf life.

Its an anticipated album i guess. Peopel are too wrapped up in it though so i wouldnt say much anticipated.

My point is I have no problem with slash and duff being reconzied for what they did in gnr. All im saying is that if theres going to be an offical show on gnr it has to include its pivotal member. and izzy too! I personally think Izzy is more important than slash and duff. Izzy is the diamond in the dirt.
 Even if axl declined why go ahead and do it? Again the only reason they are doing it is becuase of the album release.

I could care less. Im just bored of hearing slash and duff story. We know it already. You guys are the rebels and true rock n rollers and just wanna jam and stay with your roots and be punk and this and that and axl is a primadonna. We understand that. I dont need to hear it anymore.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:03:36 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2004, 11:09:17 PM »

I think its safe to say Slither will at some point hit number 1 on both rock charts. It is already in the top 10 after two weeks and they haven't even released the single yet I don't think, which is coming in a couple weeks. The video was just released, so more people will start to hear and see it. It will lay the ground work for a huge cross over smash song like you got no right/fall to pieces as a second single. The major advantage VR has going for them is K-roq. Had they chosen anyone other than Wieland no one would care about them, but K-roq loves Wieland and has always been good to STP. They fit into all genres of rock because of him, which is only going to help get them to exposed to a much larger fan base.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2004, 11:15:47 PM »

they haven't even released the single yet I don't think, which is coming in a couple weeks
dude this isnt the 80's no1 buys singles anymore.

Im not saying they arent going to be a success. Im sure they will. All im saying is that smf started out hot and then qucikly faded away. Where was krock then? After 2 months of its release prob less, smf fell of the face of the planet. I havnt heard it in months.

Slither will last or fall based on how the follow up singles are and the album. If the singles are good and they can crack out 3 or 4 singles from the album then they will have a great shelf life.

Take a band liek audioslave. They released their singles and then album last year. I still hear there singles today. Actually multiple times a day. Thats a success. Whne you hear a bands new material played regularly and not judge it on its initial hype.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2004, 11:26:25 PM »

If his new material was so good he would have never had to play old songs written by the others because the new material would certainly sell itself under your assumption.
Why play new songs when you arent ready to go ahead with the new material? When the ball finally gets rolling ill guarentee you that there will never be a future gnr set that has all of the old songs in it.

Of course they are going to flaunt their being in GNR. It is some of the best material ever written by any band. The would be stupid not to do so.
No shit,,,,im not disputing that

another blowing up radio as we speak, a sold out tour and a release date for a much anticipated album.

Even if axl declined why go ahead and do it? Again the only reason they are doing it is becuase of the album release.

1 reason is due to the fact the GH's package has faired so well, it proves there's still interest in the band, most noteably, old GNR.

Obviously the suits at VH1 recognize this and are piggybacking their VR special with a BTM on the early GNR.  Axl's (and Slash and Co's) non participation in promotion of the GH's obviously proves there will be an interest in such a show regardless of who's included, or in Axl's case, excluded.

Ratings = money, and mark my words, VH1 will clean up.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 11:31:28 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2004, 11:29:14 PM »

has everyone forgotten that slash said there would never be a reunion because Axl had soiled the GNR name

This isnt a reunion...

and he wanted nothing to do with it?

Dont remember him saying that he "doesnt want anything to do with it".  Maybe you could refresh my memory with a quote?

hihi I love the way you split sentences so you can respond to them.  hihi

Imagine I had said "There is no air on mars"......

There is no air

Then what the hell am I breathing

on mars
Who said anything about mars, could you refresh me with a quote?

hihi

My point was he clearly isn't interested in GNR being part of his future as he's never planning to go back.

He's been asked enough times about Guns N' Roses in almost every interview with him so why go out of your way to do a special interview on a subject he's been over millions of times on radio, on tv, and in print, on a band which he never wants to be in again?

That's the only answer I'm looking for.

@#$%Muther
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2004, 12:40:29 AM »

Well, if Blabbermouth's report was accurate, then this is going to be one awesome "Behind the Music," and probably the most watched one as well.  I'm certain VH1 made an attempt to interview Axl.  Why the hell wouldn't they?  Obviously there's going to be a lot of sordid (but probably true) things said about him, but he won't take the opportunity to defend himself.  So anything they say about him is fair game as far as I'm concerned.  Furthermore, Slash and Duff (and Izzy) were the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses.  It was they who made GNR great.  They still have a financial stake in the GNR name, which is why they were involved in the lawsuit against Geffen along with Axl.  While they were getting their lives together after years of drug and alcohol abuse, they have had to watch as Axl has dragged the GNR name through the mud.  They've watched as Axl has insulted them every opportunity he got.  They saw Axl trying to fool people into believing he was the only reason GNR was popular - something Axl has failed miserably at doing, thankfully.  Axl, when and if we hear from him next, will probably be whining about how everyone treated him in the BTM special, but he'll have nobody to blame but himself (yet again).

I think Slash & Duff are doing this in order to redeem the GNR name after Axl has pissed all over it for the last ten years.  GNR still means a lot to them; it's their past and their legacy.  This is their way of saying to Axl "no, you're not the whole band, we made you who you were, this was OUR band, this is OUR story!"  And if they want to promote Velvet Revolver in the process, more power to them!  After all, it is VR who is picking up where GNR left off.  VR are the ones who are making kickass rock n'roll while Axl has spent all these years promising a "masterpiece" and not delivering because he is too busy sulking.  Anyone and everyone who ever loved GNR should be completely behind VR, and this will give the band even bigger publicity than they've already received.  As GNR fans, we should be thrilled that Slash & Duff are doing this.  VH1 has probably been wanting to do a GNR special ever since they began the "Behind the Music" series, and now, finally, we're getting it.  Again, if Axl isn't man enough to show up and defend himself, then that's just too bad.  Poor baby, wah wah!  The best thing he can do is release his record.  If Chinese Democracy is so fucking great, then prove it!  All he's proven over the last ten years is that he's a bitter and broken man too scared to face the world.  Slash, Duff, and Matt are delivering.

All that said, I really do wish Izzy was involved.

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2004, 12:55:26 AM »

All he's proven over the last ten years is that he's a bitter and broken man too scared to face the world.  

Maybe, he just hates the world.  It's terribly sad anyway don't you think?  The fact is; no, Axl wasn't the only thing that made GnR, but he is undoubtedly the favorite topic of discussion and fascination when it comes to GnR.  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: