Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.  (Read 43934 times)
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2006, 01:36:24 PM »

I have heard conflicting  opininons on this very important fashion issue. When I attended the Madonna concert I put on my cutest Madonna wannabee outfit but no Madonna tee. I wore really cute clothes to Vegas with skulls and roses but not GNR. Some people in line in Vegas said that it was tacky to go to a concert wearing the band's tee. I have also heard this from people who work in record stores. What do you guys think? This is  a serious question for the inquiring fashionista who wants to know! hihi

Nah.  I had my custom made Izzy t-shirt at the Newcastle gig.  Captures the mid-windmill moment from the SCOM video.  One guy asked me where I got it from and proclaimed Iz to be the most talented member of the band - dam right - little did he know that he'd be on stage later on.  Smiley
Annie
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2006, 02:04:32 PM »

I have heard conflicting? opininons on this very important fashion issue. When I attended the Madonna concert I put on my cutest Madonna wannabee outfit but no Madonna tee. I wore really cute clothes to Vegas with skulls and roses but not GNR. Some people in line in Vegas said that it was tacky to go to a concert wearing the band's tee. I have also heard this from people who work in record stores. What do you guys think? This is? a serious question for the inquiring fashionista who wants to know! hihi

Nah.? I had my custom made Izzy t-shirt at the Newcastle gig.? Captures the mid-windmill moment from the SCOM video.? One guy asked me where I got it from and proclaimed Iz to be the most talented member of the band - dam right - little did he know that he'd be on stage later on.? Smiley
That is so cool!!!
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2006, 02:29:09 PM »

I have heard conflicting? opininons on this very important fashion issue. When I attended the Madonna concert I put on my cutest Madonna wannabee outfit but no Madonna tee. I wore really cute clothes to Vegas with skulls and roses but not GNR. Some people in line in Vegas said that it was tacky to go to a concert wearing the band's tee. I have also heard this from people who work in record stores. What do you guys think? This is? a serious question for the inquiring fashionista who wants to know! hihi

Nah.? I had my custom made Izzy t-shirt at the Newcastle gig.? Captures the mid-windmill moment from the SCOM video.? One guy asked me where I got it from and proclaimed Iz to be the most talented member of the band - dam right - little did he know that he'd be on stage later on.? Smiley

can't you post a pic of the shirt? beer

shit happens when you party naked
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2006, 02:31:05 PM »

Since when wasn't it cool to be tacky?

Wear whatever you want.? What does it matter who thinks you're cool?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »

It's a rock concert ...a GNR concert! I waited like 10 years to see Mr Rose... no way was i worrying about what ?shirt i was wearing lol. Really no need to worry about shit like that. it's Rock N Roll! ?Wear ur GNR shirts with pride! ?Just if u wear one with Slash on stay from Axl's view don't make him go home lol

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »

Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert

.not an easy question to anwser. *It's Not so Easy*? hihi

It depends on a number of factors 1. The T-Shirt and 2.The person wearing the T-Shirt

There are cool looking Gn'R T-Shirts and there are not so cool looking Gn'R T-Shirts. So choice 1. has to involved choosing a cool Gn'R T-Shirt? Wink

Next up is the person wearing the T-Shirt. Some people are cool'er than others. A cool person can get away with wearing anything and still look cool.

Take one hot sexy babe and she can wear dirt cheap cloths and still look a million dollars.

back to your question: Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.

Wear what you feel comfortable in, wear what you look good in. If it happens to be a Gn'R T-Shirt then so be it? ok
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:30 PM »

Does anyone know if they are selling those kickass GNR soccer jerseys at the shows? I want one.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Annie
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »

Just in case anybody cares, I have decided to wear a crystal skull track suit with a punk rock hello kitty t-shirt tonight to the Allstate Arena! If you see me say HI! I? WILL be in section 110 Row B.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:59:23 PM by Annie » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »

So...what was the point of this thread again?  hihi

Just kidding, have fun.  Say hi to Chief!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2006, 06:49:22 PM »

its cool to wear a GNR shirt....anywhere!!!!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2006, 03:44:22 AM »

It's tacky. Period. Never be "that guy." And yes, bands know "that guy" when they see him...or her.
Annie
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2006, 03:46:22 AM »

Well at tonight's Chicago show Sebastian Bach was wearing a GNR shirt during their duet of MY MICHELLE. So if Uncle Axl thinks it's cool, then it is cool!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2006, 03:47:45 AM »

Yes, but Baz is a rock star and Uncle Axl is his dear friend. Doesn't count. Still tacky.
Annie
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2006, 03:57:35 AM »

Yes, but Baz is a rock star and Uncle Axl is his dear friend. Doesn't count. Still tacky.
I forgot to say that Axl said NICE SHIRT!!
Elrothiel
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2006, 08:36:49 AM »

Meh, if ya wanna wear one, then wear one!! Big fuckin' deal if it's tacky. Tacky is just a word... a meaningless, shallow, pointless word which was invented by Paris Hilton type girls. Fuck Tacky. Its only tacky if you are a fat old balding man who still lives with his parents and collects Star Trek action figures.
Annie
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2006, 12:50:54 PM »

It's tacky. Period. Never be "that guy." And yes, bands know "that guy" when they see him...or her.
I saw a guy wearing the coolest GNR shirt and I said Nice shirt. He said he liked my outfit too. It takes so little to make me happy!
brianfantana
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2006, 01:18:49 PM »

Do not wear the t shirt of the band you are going to see. I thought that was written in the ten commandments of rock years ago. Seeing as I was just at the cleveland show I can see I was clearly mistaken,because there were gnr shirts everywhere
sammerc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »

I was just at the chicago show last night and I have to say that a TON of people were wearing GnR shirts, it is kinda fun to see where people have been.
 I thought I would never do it but last night, i changed the rules in my book.....at least for GnR. These fans are rare breeds, i think you can get away with it....it is a badge of honor, we have been through a lot.  Grin

you know i know better!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »

Yeah.. Right... I wore the tshirt I bought at the show because I didn't want to be carrying it around all night.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »

To me, "that guy" is the guy or gal that thinks some unwritten rule should dictate what they wear.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: