Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 19th Gibson Amphitheatre (Updates, Discussion etc...)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 19th Gibson Amphitheatre (Updates, Discussion etc...)  (Read 43101 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »

Buddha_Master, it's  glad news that your mum shared in the exciting rnr experience with you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »

glad you had a good time buddha! ok

BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2006, 03:53:47 PM »

i was right on the rail in front of tommy(same spot i was on sudnay) and I have to say this show BLEW sunday's show away. On sudnay, right up front, we couldn't hear axl's vocals that good but last night, they fixed the sound and I could hear everything perfectly and wow was axl on fire. He didn't miss a note. All the shit that has already been said was hillarious(fire drums, izzy left, bubbles, etc) but damn, this is the best show I have seen out of the three times I have seen them. I just can't wait to see what tonight brings.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2006, 03:56:51 PM »

My mom had the time of her life. She started crying during Thal's Don't Cry solo. And again during November rain. We had a moment that we have never had. We had our arms around each other, and I remembered a poster here, saying I should give her a kiss, and I did. And the poster was right. It was a bigger bonding experience then anything in the 32 years I have known my mom.

I'm so glad for you and your mom! That's cool that the both of you could share that experience! Smiley Always nice to read that GN'R gets people together like this.

Silkworms
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »

Alright so let just say some things (and I apologize if this was already said). Anyone know the lowdown with the dude getting kicked out by Baz? I heard he was flipping him off and shit. And also at the end when Axl was yelling to the dude to back the fuck up.

He was wearing a Metallica shirt and was flipping of Bach with both hands.  Not sure what else he did but Bach refused to go on until he got kicked out.  Security took him up the stairs and outta there!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »

heres a screenshot of the footage i filmed, ill upload a sample sometime this weekend

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2006, 05:13:15 PM »

Here's MY review:

I gotta say something first though.  the 19th blew away the 17th.  They just keep getting better and better.

My buddy Boris and I went to get a bite to eat at the Hard Rock at around 4-ish.  We were hoping to meet a few board members, but we were there early so we didn't expect to see anyone.  So we just wandered around, got some coffee and at about 6:00, we went in line.

The line wasn't very big, so we were very thankful.  We met some hardcore fans, including our very own BumbleFinck.  We was wearing Axl's "Mean Machine" jersey.  Very cool.  GN'R fans are the coolest ever, we're so easy to get along with and we have good times.

Finally the stupid security people open the gates and we rush in!  It was like the Kentucky Derby, we were all running like madmen!  The asshole security guys kept telling us, "Don't Run!"  but we didn't listen to those incompetent fuckers.  (more on that later)

Finally we get in line, and they keep saying, "NO CAMERAS!"  Hahaha, everyone snuck theirs in.  I told my friend to use the classic Phone-Wallet-Camera sandwich.  It works everytime!  So we got our wristbands and made a mad dash to the front.  I was hugging rail!  I was with BumbleFinck and two guys from England and Australia.

Suicide Girls-  I still don't really care for them, but I have to give them credit for trying.  There was a hilarious moment when some guy yelled at the gothic girl, "I didn't order any cheese with that ass!"

Helmet- Again, I don't want to put anyone down, but every song sounded the same.  Same distorted crap over and over again.  Plus, the singer is really lame.  It's the second time he made "gay" jokes.  He's probably not gay, so why does he belittle himself like that?  He needs to find a sense of humor, and maybe a guitar teacher.

Sebastian Bach!  This man is the fucking fountain of youth!  He gets so into performing.  One thing though, he spits so much during the performance!  I'm glad he didn't do that on my side.  hihi

My highlight was Baz recognizing me! 

Baz:  Hey, you in the hat!  Weren't you here on Sunday?
Garry: YEAH!
Baz: Right on brother!  (handshake)

Grin That Baz, he's like a giant hair metal teddy bear!

His new songs are really good, I think I'll get the album.  The guitarists are really good, and into the show.  The bass player is one cool mofo.  He helped out Helmet when their bass player was busted in Canada for smoking weed.

The Boob Show:  This girl behind me threw her bra right at Baz.  It hit him and he had a surprised look on his face before he finally realized what had happened.  He probably thought it was another "bad" fan, because he kicked out a guy in a Metallica shirt earlier.  He stopped a song just to do that.  He made us all say Bye-bye!  hihi
Sebastian said, "I don't care about the bra, show us what's under!  So the girl gets on someone's shoulder and takes off her top!  Sebastian says, "Holy shit, those are the nicest tits I've ever seen!"  At the end of the show, that girl and her friend take off their tops and crowdsurf to the front where Baz takes them on stage and continues to oggle (ogle?) them some more.  Then he proceeds to take them backstage.  Shocked Wink

During the wait for Guns (WHICH WAS NOT LONG!) we were all thinking about what surprises lay in store for us.  And then......the lights go down!

Robin leads us in with his teaser, and then Axl comes in and they kick into full drive!  Blistering performance, and the whole crowd is singing along.  Little would I know that everyone would sing EVERY WORD to EVERY SONG the whole night! 

It's So Easy rolled around, and that's when I shook AXL ROSE's hand!  OH MY GOD!  Shocked Cool love smoking drool Cheesy

After Mr. Brownstone, Beta took the stage in her tie-dye shirt.  Axl probably forgot an important technical what-cha-ma-call-it.  I yelled BETA! like a lunatic.  I yelled, "Thanks for taking care of our man all these years!"

We literally felt the heat during Live And Let Die.  Axl really has everything down to a T.

Better was amazing.  I was amazed at how many people knew the song.  Axl really appreciated that, he had a huge smile on his face.  Bumblefoot completely kick ass on the solo's.  He makes the song even better than the demo. 

I noticed a pick next to Robin's CryBaby Pedal during Better....I helped myself to it.  Grin  Kick ass souvenir!  I just reached over and grabbed it.

Robin's solo is really nice.  At first, Dizzy and Frank join him, so it's a real nice addition.  Then Robin goes off into a world of his own.  And leads into Sweet Child....he's such a character, he kept smiling at me because I was wearing the same hat (not the bowler, the fedora from Europe).  Plus, I lead the lighter brigade AGAIN at this show.  I know the band appreciated everyone showing their love with cell phones and lighters.

Tommy was in such a silly mood.  He made funny faces throughout the show and came up to me and started singing along to the songs.  But in a drunken sort of way...more on that later... Grin

After YCBM...I had another highlight.  After a few months of begging, Ron played Eruption especially for me!  I'm so touched that he remembered, he is such an awesome dude.  He did this tihng right in the middle of Eruption where he quickly went into SCOM and went right back to Eruption.  Then he lead us into a sing-along of Don't Cry.

During Rocket Queen, Axl accidently threw his mic stand at Robin.  He didn't really look back, but he was scared!  but Robin played it off, he's so cool.  Axl wanted to make sure he was OK, and Robin was all smiles.

Dizzy played Angie for us, and they did the Blues.  Fortus sat down on the bench with Dizzy towards the outro, that was very cool.  Dizzy recognized me too!  I waved back at him when he smiled at me.  But then.......at the end of The Blues...Tommy went right up to him and kissed him!  Shocked  We were like OMG...right out of the blue.

IRS was met with a good reception.  Did I mention that we stopped the show several times with our GUNS N' ROSES chant?  It was magical, I don't think that has ever happened in the history of GN'R before.  The whole Amphitheatre was in unison.  We did it about 6-7 times.  Axl and the guys loved it!  Grin  I love all you New York people....but you guys can't hold a candle to us.  Kiss

And this is when the Perfect Crime chants began.  Axl notice, and he said he had a surprise in store for us.  Hence the now famous Izzy "cock-tease" so to say.  Launched into a crazy version of OTGM.

They brought the piano out for November Rain, and I can't believe how many girls started crying.  And that's when a part of Frank's drumset caught on fire.  So after NR, the crew was working on the drumset, replacing things and whatnot.  The band had a little jam in the meantime, and Axl made his Spinal Tap reference.

Then he said he had a surprise for us.  DOWN ON THE FARM!  The place went wild.  Needless to say, my pals and I cleared up some space behind us.  Stupid girl kept groping me and trying squeeze me out of my rail spot.  FUCKING BITCH!  Treat us men like a piece of meat.... hihi

That stopped the Perfect Crime chants.  And then....IZZY!  MY man!  He's such a cool guy, he saw I was trying to get his picture on my phone, and he came up close.  Awwwwww.  He was wearing his Chuck Taylors, fedora (like me!)  and a black jacket. 

Michelle with Baz is always a highlight.  Axl told us a story about the making of Used To Love Her.  He said, being metal tough guys back in the day, we're just a bunch of pussies now.

Izzy played a little bit of The Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black" before going into Patience.  Izzy was mixed really well at this show compared to the 17th.  The tears were flowing again during Patience.

Nightrain is always good with Dizzy.  ENCORE!

They always open the encore with CD, and CD kicks so much ass.  They had the place jumping.  Then they took things down a knotch for Madagascar.  Both songs were greeted with approval from the audience.

Paradise City is always fantastic.  They brought Izzy back out again.  We were borderling moshing during the solo, but we kept it civil.  Tommy was playing on his back throughout this song.  A la Slash at Ritz in '88.  Tommy is a crazy mofo!

People kept crowdsurfing into the area between the rail and the stage.  Axl got so pissed off, it ruined his Goodnight to the crowd.  He kicked someone out, and security too.  Here's my gripe with security.  They care about cameras and people's tickets, but they can't even provide a safe environment for fans and artists?  Stupid fat-fuck rent-a-cops!  (except for the skinny Brazilian guy I became friends with)

Tommy was having too much fun with the confetti....the band took their bows and left.  AMAZING SHOW!

Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2006, 05:21:49 PM »

Thanks Garry for that awesome review!!  ok Must've been a hell of a show...  yes
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

Hey Garry, i saw you in the fucking pit!  I was up in orchestra nine, and i looked over there and i recognized you and your hat from the pictures you posted, haha.  And then Sebastian mentioned you.  Next time i'm going to meet up with all of you at some sort of preparty(if there IS a next time, haha)

I'm going to do a full review later
my ears are STILL buzzing!
its probably because we were right by the speakers
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »

Wow!  Excellent f'ing review Garry!  I read every word with such intrigue...mixed with a few gasps and holy shits!  First of all,
I can't believe those chicks were crowd surfing with no tops! So glad Baz recognized you!  You got a pic, a handshake, DOTF, RQ, Izzy....DAAAMMMNNNN!

And Buddha...you gave me the chills with that story about the moments with you and your mom! 
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2006, 05:39:59 PM »

Also a big thanks to updaters especially Garry, Jack,  Burning Hills and Steven.  I think I made it last night until close 5 am!  But BH, was even up later so he could post for us!

A special shout out to Steven who called me from the show so i could hear Jungle, Better, RQ and OTGM!  YOU ROCK, DUDE! peace
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »

Oh shit almost forgot. Before the Suicide Girls came on, I saw (for you Howard Stern fans), that fucker Melrose Larry Green. I yelled out "Bababooey" and he got so fucking excited. He ran over to us, and was crazy happy to be recognized. My mom thought he was somebody really important. We shot the shit for awhile. lol.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

Title: Smoke on the Drummer
(part one of several posts...it was a long, amazing night)

We'll start at the end, after Axl had finished with us. ?Half deaf, the concert still ringing in our ears, after solid stellar performances by Sebastian Bach and Guns N Roses, we were turned out into the dark and cold only to find that there were no taxis waiting. ?We called our taxi company, they came and picked up the wrong person and promptly left. ?Another taxi showed up. ?The driver said, "No go Hollywood, go garage." ?At 3:00 in the fucking morning, even broken English sounds like a foreign language. ?What was he even doing there? ?His cab was surrounded by about 20 people, all apparently wanting to go to Hollywood. ?"No go Hollywood," he said. ?"Well then get the fuck out of here!" we thought. ?He was teasing us with a warm taxi and we were about ready to overrun his ass. ?We were starving, cold, strung out like a wet washcloth, and we were on Axl's time. ?Stuck outside of an abandoned Universal Studios, with the taxis arriving at a slow trickle. ?We conivinced the "no go Hollywood" taxi driver to take the freezing birthday "no help from the Hilton" couple down the hill to the Hilton Hotel. ?Three phone calls to later, two taxis showed up. ?One of them was the "no go Hollywood" guy, who had apparently changed his mind and decided to "go Hollywood." ?We got into the other cab with two gorgeous Norweigan blondes. ?And our driver hauled ass to Hollywood. ?As he dropped us off, we insisted that the driver clear his meter so that the two guests to our country would not be taken advantage of. ?He agreed.

Now, to the concert, part one of several posts. ?We knew it was rock and roll when a drum caught fire and rolled onto the stage. ?Axl laughed and said, "That's a fucking first!" ?The show went on, did not skip a beat. ?We knew it wasn't supposed to be part of the show, but now it forever is. ?Just one more awesome event in an awesome evening. ?Thanks Axl! ?More to come...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2006, 06:20:26 PM »

I gotta say i love the fact that there was fire on the stage!!
one other thing i remember is that there was confetti all over and Axl started kicking it around.

Tommy kissing Dizzy was so hilarious i cant believe i forgot about that. i must still be dazed!

I'd love to see Bach come out to sing the choruses of You're Crazy, that would rule!

Buddha Master - looks like we'll have to have a get together some other time.  if i didn't have to work i would have come way early. damn it, i wanted to meet you man. glad you had a blast, that show was one for the record books and i am very happy that your mom had a great time.  I must have got to the hard rock as you were leaving.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:28:25 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2006, 06:30:43 PM »

Yea the fire was really cool.? It always made me jump each time it shot off and you could feel the heat up in the front.? I remember seeing Tommy try to kiss Izzy too but he was like...no and turned away. lol

Oh and about Helmet.? I didn't see them this time but have seen them before and I think they rock.? I don't get why some ppl don't really like them.? They are pretty much founders of nu metal and they have a really raw and heavy sound.? When I saw them at Warped Tour there were these two wasted girls making out and doing stuff right on the floor!? The only reason I didn't see them last night was cuz I didn't want to wait around for too long so I was drinking somewhere then I went and smoked sum at about 10:40 and caught the end of Bachs set.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:33:16 PM by Trist805 » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #195 on: December 20, 2006, 07:12:10 PM »

I gotta say i love the fact that there was fire on the stage!!
one other thing i remember is that there was confetti all over and Axl started kicking it around.

Tommy kissing Dizzy was so hilarious i cant believe i forgot about that. i must still be dazed!

I'd love to see Bach come out to sing the choruses of You're Crazy, that would rule!

Buddha Master - looks like we'll have to have a get together some other time.? if i didn't have to work i would have come way early. damn it, i wanted to meet you man. glad you had a blast, that show was one for the record books and i am very happy that your mom had a great time.? I must have got to the hard rock as you were leaving.

I will be much looking forward to the CD listening party. That can be a very unbearably awesome time if planned right.

The show last night the more I think about it...was almost like a rock n' roll cookbook. It had all these fucking crazy ingredients. I mean shit like last night will be very difficult to top.

Dude gets fucking booted out. Chicks showing skin proper like. Fucking fire! Down syndrome dude Bubbles. Izzy. GNR in immaculate/tip top form. Axl yelling at some fools. Suicide Girls. Fucking awesome crowd with an amazing energy. Melrose. Lol shit....and some real personal moments. What a fucking beast of a night.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2006, 08:00:42 PM »

i'm looking forward to the bootlegs of these shows surfacing.

Me too, although i don't see too much interest in filming these shows??? Why would that be??

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »

Great review you guys, fucking sounds like it as completely amazing!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Chief
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2006, 08:19:45 PM »

not sure about that but i don't think its that easy to get cameras in.  they had a metal detector set up and searches before you got inside....

i'm looking forward to the bootlegs of these shows surfacing.

Me too, although i don't see too much interest in filming these shows??? Why would that be??

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
sswalk5
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: December 20, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »

its pretty easy to get the camera in..
just put it inside your pants, in the front, they dont check there!  hihi
i wanted to take my canon s3, which films better than the a540, but its too big, they're not gona believe in that  Shocked

the last 2 shows the security guys told me to stop recording or i would go home..
and i stopped and it was all cool..

i didnt see any metal detectors..

01/14/2001, Rock in Rio 3, Rio de Janeiro
09/23/2006, Inland Invasion, Devore
12/17/2006, Round 1, Los Angeles
12/19/2006, Round 2, Los Angeles
12/20/2006, Round 3, Los Angeles
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: