Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz reveals more about "The General", CD, and more!  (Read 43624 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 06:23:55 PM »

Thanks for posting.  GREAT news.

Funny about Axl's reaction. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »

Hey thats Awesome news..I just want the first CD out first..Lets not get ahead of ourselfs. beer
Im glad Bach asked Axls permission about mentioning stuff.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 06:35:07 PM »

omg beat me with a stick allready an shit !
nothing new really i mean omg sabastion an shit.we will never ever know when the thing is coming out.for criminy sakes an shit.i sould just drink another beer !

the one an only horsey !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 06:38:28 PM »

Baz rocks.. dont know what we'd do without him right now.  peace
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »

Looks really really really interesting the shame is that's not out yet....  ok    beer  beer  beer  beer  beer   smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »

Seems like Sebastian is the spokesperson for the band these days.  I'm beginning to think that he'll give us the official release date before anyone else.  He makes it SEEM like Axl has a definite plan of attack here, and I'm sure he does.  I just wish we were brought up to date a little bit about what that plan must consist of.  But I know, I know, this is GNR, that's not gonna happen.  I'll just have to accept this information as true and that Axl just doesn't feel the time is right to unleash the beast to the public.  I just hope the time comes sometime soon, if he's going on what the public is into right now we'll never hear the album.  Maybe he's waiting for the music industry to reach an all-time low before he saves us all.  I think we're almost there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »

I'm stoked!

just really hope one album is out sooner rather than later!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 07:19:44 PM »

See, Baz listened to my profile!

It all sounds great and the way he describes it is very unlike the way he describes HIS OWN music, which means he knows its way better than whats out there.

I like that Axl has a concept. I just hope he didn't get carried away with it and that it doesn't get tired by the 3rd record. I'm not sure I can handle 5 new November Rains and 3 Estrangedes. Axl with GNR has already made many great songs and covered the spectrum of human emotion. It will be interesting to see and hear new material, some of which covering new themes and sounds.

But like I have said before, the songs that have been heavily covered by topics on these boards and dissected are probably not even going to be the songs that matter in the end. Axl woudn't leak his BEST songs (except to Baz - lucky him)
 Cool
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
isa
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 07:23:32 PM »

I'll wait.  Wink
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

It'll be great when I can have my grandkids sneak this thing into the retirement home to blast, should be killer.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »

Wow, unbelievable description of the General. Wow....can't wait.

Yeah, but you're gonna have to, apparently....2012?!?!?   
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »

It'll be great when I can have my grandkids sneak this thing into the retirement home to blast, should be killer.
hihi

well, this is kinda what I was thinking, three albums sounds awesome and all but... its hard enough for them to release ONE album.......I dont even want to think about the other two... I would even go as far as to say that I wont really wait for the other two, just give me one and Ill be happy.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

hihi

well, this is kinda what I was thinking, three albums sounds awesome and all but... its hard enough for them to release ONE album.......I dont even want to think about the other two... I would even go as far as to say that I wont really wait for the other two, just give me one and Ill be happy.
Yeah, let's take it ONE album at a time.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I'll take an EP, like Lies at this point.  4 new songs, 4 older songs dubbed over with crowd noise, give me something.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »

Am I the only one who sees this 2012 thing as a joke in ways?? I mean what if the first album(s) dont sell like planned, and they need to release them earlier... Or they sell huge and demand even speeds it up.... Hell the way the CD set list has changed, it could be on the second.....

Didnt axl say back in 02 an album every 6 months? I just think the whole 2012 thing might be a stretch, even on axls part(at least i hope hihi)
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 08:42:45 PM »

I asked axl if I could mention the song titles and he said "fine"-

I wonder if Bach also asked Axl if it was OK to talk about the existence of 3 albums and potential release scheduling Wink
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 08:45:08 PM »

Well if Axl has three albums coming it looks like he's gonna make alot of money for himself over the next few years and he can relax and put his feet up and not have to worry about recording for a while or listening to everyone whining about him. Thanks for the update Baz. I think Axl's idea is pretty clear now, spend a few years putting alot of work in then chill out and release his work when he wants to. Axl you're a fuckin legend!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »

"its got the grandness and the epic-ness of november rain but with the snarl, the attitude of appetite. because the album that ive heard, alot of the drumming is by brain, who plays so heavy and mean. its a really...grand is the word for it, but its still got that attitude."

I don't know about anyone else, but reading that made me happy. ?A drummer like Brain really only comes around once in a while.. He's that good..and he's got that groove. Steven had it. Matt didn't/doesn't have it and Frank doesn't have it. I'm still glad that Frank has recorded tracks but I'm glad that Brain plays on the majority of the album (from what I've read). ?Wink

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »

great fucking news...its these little news bits that keep giving us hope!!!  KEEP THE FAITH FANS!!!! peace
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »

kinda sad when bach gives us more news than axl......
but at least it is something.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »

Am I the only one who sees this 2012 thing as a joke in ways?? I mean what if the first album(s) dont sell like planned, and they need to release them earlier... Or they sell huge and demand even speeds it up.... Hell the way the CD set list has changed, it could be on the second.....

Didnt axl say back in 02 an album every 6 months? I just think the whole 2012 thing might be a stretch, even on axls part(at least i hope hihi)

thats what i thought, and was thinking they should do!

as for the 2012 thing that kinda worried me......i'm just hoping we see at least one album by may of '09 so that way i won't have to pay my friends $5 each Smiley

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: