Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns tour in the works???
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns tour in the works???  (Read 37206 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2008, 11:01:05 PM »

There are Axl fans... Fans of Axl.

There are GNR fans... Fans of the entire BAND.

Wow, explaining that just shows how confusing my post really were. Sorry about that.

But doesn't being a fan of GN'R, the entire band, also then encompass being a fan of Axl Rose?

Ali
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »

Wow, explaining that just shows how confusing my post really were. Sorry about that.

But doesn't being a fan of GN'R, the entire band, also then encompass being a fan of Axl Rose?

Ali

depend their are some band tha tI am not a fan of certain member. Metallica is a band i am a fan of and I am not a Lars fan.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »

Ali

depend their are some band tha tI am not a fan of certain member. Metallica is a band i am a fan of and I am not a Lars fan.

I have to say that seems strange to me.  You have to be a fan of Lars Ulrich in some capacity, at least as a drummer/musician, in order to be fan of Metallica because he is such an integral part of Metallica.  Axl Rose was and is such a huge part of Guns N' Roses, because of his stage presence, the unique sound of his voice, and his songwriting.  To not appreciate those things means not appreciating all that has and continues to make Guns N' Roses so great.

Ali
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »

i thought the plan was to tour when the album droped? or was that a rumor too?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2008, 05:55:06 AM »

well at this point in time,

Me like alot of people would rather gnr not tour just for a few months, if it means they can concentrate all their efforts in releasing
chinese democracy.

I mean
Its actually Better for the band to tour under a new album..
I mean, the album is promotion itself for the tour, and judging by how alot of shows ecspecially in america in 06 werent even nearly sold out,
which means their obviously not spending enough money on marketing/promotion, or the big obvious, they havnet dropped cd

I mean, from a business point its dumb as a brick to tour without a new album,
but once again, gnr does decide to do things their way, which might be why we have no album...

I mean, I just hope this isnt like 06, 07, 2 years imo that were wasted opportunities to release the album,
how would everyone feel if we dont get the album this year, and all we get is a few short tours?
can we all say GROUND HOG DAY

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2008, 07:14:25 AM »

Ali

I have to say that seems strange to me.  You have to be a fan of Lars Ulrich in some capacity, at least as a drummer/musician, in order to be fan of Metallica because he is such an integral part of Metallica.  Axl Rose was and is such a huge part of Guns N' Roses, because of his stage presence, the unique sound of his voice, and his songwriting.  To not appreciate those things means not appreciating all that has and continues to make Guns N' Roses so great.

Ali

I agree. I can't stand to see Vince Neil's face let alone hear what he has to say about anything, but I love Motley Crue, and IMO to love them means that I have to at least respect him as an artist. I absolutely love his voice.
Simplified: I hate the man but I love the voice. Weird huh?  Grin
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2008, 08:05:09 AM »

Me like alot of people would rather gnr not tour just for a few months, if it means they can concentrate all their efforts in releasing
chinese democracy.

As I'm sure the band want the album out even more than we do, I think it'd be nice for the fans to give them a little credit and acknowledge that they're hardly likely to do anything that'd cause an unintentional delay at this stage.  That said and bearing in mind all the various mobile communication tools available today, I can't see that being on tour would put a spanner in the works anyway, given that the recording is completed.

but once again, gnr does decide to do things their way, which might be why we have no album...

Oh come on, you've got to give him some credit on this one; Axl isn't some wet behind the ears newcomer to the music business and although I don't believe money to be his main motivational force, he's got a living to earn as we all have.  Fair enough, the profit may not be as large as it would be if an album was out but have you considered the fact that maybe there were additional reasons, besides purely financial ones, behind his decision to tour?  I'm not claiming to have any special knowledge but I can think of several other factors that could well have had some bearing on his decision.

And, guess what, regardless of whether you or I consider it a sound decision,

a) it's not our money that's being spent, and

b) it's really none of our business how he conducts his financial affairs or lives his life.

I mean, I just hope this isnt like 06, 07, 2 years imo that were wasted opportunities to release the album,
how would everyone feel if we dont get the album this year, and all we get is a few short tours?

I don't agree with your 'wasted opportunities' comment because the album wasn't ready for release then - and for all I know, there may still be business stuff to sort out now.

How would I feel if I don't get the album this year but do get some live shows?  I'd be delighted that I get to see my favourite band play live again and happy to wait until all the creases are ironed out before I get to hold the album in my hands.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »

chinese democracy.

As I'm sure the band want the album out even more than we do, I think it'd be nice for the fans to give them a little credit and acknowledge that they're hardly likely to do anything that'd cause an unintentional delay at this stage.  That said and bearing in mind all the various mobile communication tools available today, I can't see that being on tour would put a spanner in the works anyway, given that the recording is completed.

Oh come on, you've got to give him some credit on this one; Axl isn't some wet behind the ears newcomer to the music business and although I don't believe money to be his main motivational force, he's got a living to earn as we all have.  Fair enough, the profit may not be as large as it would be if an album was out but have you considered the fact that maybe there were additional reasons, besides purely financial ones, behind his decision to tour?  I'm not claiming to have any special knowledge but I can think of several other factors that could well have had some bearing on his decision.

And, guess what, regardless of whether you or I consider it a sound decision,

a) it's not our money that's being spent, and

b) it's really none of our business how he conducts his financial affairs or lives his life.

I don't agree with your 'wasted opportunities' comment because the album wasn't ready for release then - and for all I know, there may still be business stuff to sort out now.

How would I feel if I don't get the album this year but do get some live shows?  I'd be delighted that I get to see my favourite band play live again and happy to wait until all the creases are ironed out before I get to hold the album in my hands.

Fair enough, But if the album wasnt ready to come out in 06 then why did axl keep confirming that it was going to come out that year,
anyways  thats in the past now, and Ill be glad if they tour this year,
but all im saying is,
Each year should be better then the last, and to me, 06 was better then 07, so I hope it only goes up from there  beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2008, 09:17:51 AM »

Fair enough, But if the album wasnt ready to come out in 06 then why did axl keep confirming that it was going to come out that year,

Maybe he thought it was coming that year and that?s why he said it. I mean, he is not stupid and he knows this kind of things produce a backlash so, I don?t think he just said it to make us happy and give us false hopes but because he was sure it was going to be that year. And maybe things didn?t go as they were planned and it all fucked up for whatever reason.

By the way, good post Cyllan ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »

why did axl keep confirming that it was going to come out that year,

because he thought it was. things don't always go according to plan. read axl letter.

07 was even better than 06. the band ripened each show. the new songs sounds stronger.
they completed the album. and we got the baz album with 3 songs featuring axl
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »

why did axl keep confirming that it was going to come out that year,

because he thought it was. things don't always go according to plan. read axl letter.

07 was even better than 06. the band ripened each show. the new songs sounds stronger.
they completed the album. and we got the baz album with 3 songs featuring axl

Yeah... I agree... 2006 and 2007 were great years comparing to those before... now we can just wonder... what will 2008 bring us? More touring? An album? More changing in the bandmembers? New release dates? Any press conference? Who knows! Let?s just wait and see.  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
rockNroses
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2008, 03:47:01 PM »

So what is it?

Tour in 2008 or not?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2008, 03:57:20 PM »

So what is it?

Tour in 2008 or not?

Only Axl and a few other people know.
bananasforaxl
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34:26 PM »

As someone who has been a fan of GNR since the very beginning, I would love to see a constant never ending tour, regardless of the setlist. (Axl, I would pay to hear you sing the alphabet, no joke. Wink )I have listened to the "old" songs every day since I was 13, and they are such a huge part of my life that hearing them live is more amazing than you can imagine...it brings me back to a time and a feeling that you can't understand unless you lived it.  So CD or no CD, I will continue to buy tickets to hear the songs of my youth until the day I'm dead...quite honestly, I would be severly disappointed if any GNR show didn't give me Axl and the snake dance of WTTJ!

Minneapolis September 1992
Minneapolis December 2006
Winnipeg January 2010
Minneapolis November 2011
Chicago November 2011
Las Vegas November 2012
Las Vegas May 2014 x 2
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2008, 07:40:20 PM »

As someone who has been a fan of GNR since the very beginning, I would love to see a constant never ending tour, regardless of the setlist. (Axl, I would pay to hear you sing the alphabet, no joke. Wink )I have listened to the "old" songs every day since I was 13, and they are such a huge part of my life that hearing them live is more amazing than you can imagine...it brings me back to a time and a feeling that you can't understand unless you lived it.  So CD or no CD, I will continue to buy tickets to hear the songs of my youth until the day I'm dead...quite honestly, I would be severly disappointed if any GNR show didn't give me Axl and the snake dance of WTTJ!
Well said, I can relate to those feelings, I lived it also, a little older than you, but I was on the same boat.  By the way Welcome to the board!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
bananasforaxl
Headliner

« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2008, 03:32:03 PM »

Thanks MsAxl...I'm a frequent reader, infrequent poster

Minneapolis September 1992
Minneapolis December 2006
Winnipeg January 2010
Minneapolis November 2011
Chicago November 2011
Las Vegas November 2012
Las Vegas May 2014 x 2
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

Just recently Guns N? Roses singer Axl Rose made an unexpected appearance at the chic Mayfair eaterie Le Caprice.

-Cesar Santana

What was that?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

Just recently Guns N? Roses singer Axl Rose made an unexpected appearance at the chic Mayfair eaterie Le Caprice.

-Cesar Santana

What was that?

peace

It's called bullshit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »

apparently the rest are also bs and they are not planning to tour at the moment, nay? Tongue

Guns N? Roses are going to tour in Poland, also that there are going to announce it very soon.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »

According to Mysteron there?s no tour planned. He said it in Mygnr.

Mysteron

View Member Profile
 Add as Friend
 Send Message
 Find Member's Topics
 Find Member's Posts   Yesterday, 10:05 PM Post #114 

Junior

Group: Members

QUOTE (banaszkiewicz @ Feb 13 2008, 03:57 PM)
plans on a tour? yes or no?!

no 

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=109005&st=105

So I guess...end of story. Lips Sealed

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: