Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50512 times)
Olorin
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »

Isn't Shacklers promotion? What else are GN'R getting out of it being on RB2?

I'm still hoping that it will be released for the festive season.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »

Isn't Shacklers promotion? What else are GN'R getting out of it being on RB2?
Could just be for the money.  Refer to OMG, and Sympathy for the Devil.  I am holding out belief that we will have Chidem in our hands this year...you have Beta claiming it was turned over, Axl claiming he will share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead, a new song on RB2, more press than in the past...I mean, the planets are REALLY aligned this time around...I think we would need to see some serious action on the part of Label/Band at least 4 weeks out.  I am disturbed by the lack of ANYTHING from the Band, Label, Press post-RB2 release...especially failure to include SR in post release commercials (I do like the AC/DC spot though)...like I have said before, if it was part of some grand marketing scheme, you would NORMALLY expect it to have kicked off already...thank God we rarely see anything 'normal' from Gn'R!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
suicide
VIP

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »

Or just for fun, like the radio show Axl had on GTA San Andreas.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »

naa this time it's a band thing. a track off cd. it made its game d?but on xbox a week ago, which
I waited for just 2 months.

be excited but don't really start waiting until you hear it officially, from the band, the label, bestbuy or whatever.

Actually beta didn't say it's turned over did she? I hear she only stated it's done.

And axl said it would take about 8 months for an album to be released after it delivered to a label. He didn?t say how long a proper promotion should take.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »

Actually beta didn't say it's turned over did she? I hear she only stated it's done.
Yeah, I might be mixing up her 'everyone knows its done' comment, with the story in the 'press' around April that it was handed in - don't even rem the source...its all blended into one big ball of twine in my head.

Shacklers/RB2 promo started 2 months out (official announcement 7/14)...I would expect that is probably the 'formula' the industry uses...that is why the clock is ticking, in my mind, if Nov is really the date.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »

Rock band 2 exclusive shacklers debut - sep : slow and study buildup to
one retailer exclusive release -  nov/q4 (to be announced soon?)
general record store release - dec/09 q1

one of possible scenarios. just sayin Grin

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »

No way. Axl appearing on GTA was most likely fun and a nice little paycheck. Shackler's Revenge appearing on this new game is definitely promotion and GN'R business.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2008, 05:04:53 PM »

Shackler's Revenge appearing on this new game is definitely promotion and GN'R business.
I would expect, if this was planned promotion, that they would have immediately put the song on the radio - and possibly their website/myspace - or at the very least, have an RB2 commercial feat. SR...note that AC/DC is feat. on all the ads.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

Even without this document, there are other rumors pointing in the Q4 direction: The whole retail exclusive rumor, Rolling Stone mentioning November...

Then we have the facts: There's the new management team in place this year, a new track is already out in Rock Band 2 and the fact that people buy stuff around the holidays....

/jarmo

the rolling stone was metioning the november 14th I think back in 2006... so I wouldnt give much thought to that... especially since the article was published days after MSL "anounced" the date... so I think it's a fan started rumour gone wild.

as for the rock band... it's a sign... but the band not commenting on it kinda makes you wonder.
as for the new management and people buying things in december is nothing substantial.

only thing that's substantial evidence is Axl's comment about him drinking Dr Pepper this year... and that was a while back.

to conclude.... I'm hoping for a release this year... but the time is running out. to put it in other terms... "there are only 14 tuesdays left in 2008"... and the calendar is slowly ticking.
it was said that it takes 8 weeks to properly promote the album and release it.... for a november 25th release... this is cutting it awfully close...

for a nov. 25th... that would mean that the promotion would have to start next week ...

we can consider "shacker" as the promotion... if the case... we can expect\hope them to follow up with more in the days to come.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:23:44 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

Even without this document, there are other rumors pointing in the Q4 direction: The whole retail exclusive rumor, Rolling Stone mentioning November...

Then we have the facts: There's the new management team in place this year, a new track is already out in Rock Band 2 and the fact that people buy stuff around the holidays....

/jarmo

the rolling stone was metioning the november 14th I think back in 2006... so I wouldnt give much thought to that... especially since the article was published days after MSL "anounced" the date... so I think it's a fan started rumour gone wild.

as for the rock band... it's a sign... but the band not commenting on it kinda makes you wonder.
as for the new management and people buying things in december is nothing substantial.

only thing that's substantial evidence is Axl's comment about him drinking Dr Pepper this year... and that was a while back.

to conclude.... I'm hoping for a release this year... but the time is running out. to put it in other terms... "there are only 14 tuesdays left in 2008"... and the calendar is slowly ticking.
it was said that it takes 8 weeks to properly promote the album and release it.... for a november 25th release... this is cutting it awfully close...

for a nov. 25th... that would mean that the promotion would have to start next week ...

we can consider "shacker" as the promotion... if the case... we can expect\hope them to follow up with more in the days to come.

It could be starting tomorrow with Best Buy....................
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2008, 06:30:06 PM »

well... if album released by march.... I'm making a birthday party.... and I'll ask only one thing....  a copy of Chinese democracy.... from each and every of the people invited Smiley hopefully... that will boost the CD sales a bit Smiley

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »

It could be starting tomorrow with Best Buy....................
It 'could'?  Do you have any info that it will?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »

I would say that putting a new unreleased song in a game is a bit different than what Axl did with the GTA game....

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »

Could the global economic turmoil be another reason for the album release to be pushed back yet again? If people are spending less on luxuries it could have an effect on sales. I also think it will be a very poor xmas season sales for retaillers this year.

On the on the other hand, mabye more people would be happy to splash out on simple gifts like music and dvds as oppose to more expensive indulgences, pushing the sales figures up.

On a slightly different note but still an interesting read, considering some GN'R issues:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-moviesdates_0829gl.ART.State.Edition1.4ddeeae.html

The latest Harry Potter film release got pushed back a full year just because Warner Bros decided they needed one more big film next summer.
It just shows how much making as much money as possible governs decisions.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

Shackler's Revenge is a major promotion.  In almost every article about RB2...everyone mentions that the new unreleased song from the upcoming Chinese Democracy.  It's mountains of free publicity.  Also, the band has confirmed that Shackler's will be on the new album. 

This is the first official legit release that is directly linked to Chinese Democracy of any kind.  This is huge.

Don't forget that part of the deal with RB is that they have "exclusive" rights to the song for a specific period of time...meaning "probably" the band/label can't release it in other formats just yet.  And on top of that, RB is exclusive to xbox right now.  I would assume that this "exclusive" deal is for about a month until the other platforms get the game.  Once that happens, then we will hear more.

BTW...

Can anyone explain how over the past decade the same people have been bitching for GNR to release some new material...then when they finally do...these people keep bitching?

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »

^^^

the band technically have not "released" material. They have lended a song to a video game which has exclusivity.....its not "general release".

the whiners as you call them, would be happy with an i tunes single imo. Not because of quality etc, but because it would herarld the start of CD, the fans would have a single, artwork etc. it would be means the release would mena the release is round the corner.........thats still seems a long way off for some folks

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »

how is Rock Band not an official release? 
Most bands don't sell as many copies of their album...as Rock Band sells of their games.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »

I would say that putting a new unreleased song in a game is a bit different than what Axl did with the GTA game....

Smiley

/jarmo

yeah, it's more like what GNR did with OMG  Wink

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

yeah, it's more like what GNR did with OMG  Wink

Nice try.

Shackler's Revenge will be on the album. No word on Oh My God..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2008, 02:07:23 PM »

If Jarmo is allowing this to be discussed, it gives me confidence CD is close to being released.

With Metallica doing huge numbers and ACDC releasing an album. Its the perfect time for a rock legend like Axl to follow suit.
The market is ready for this music.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: