Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50511 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 03:35:43 PM »

Man I have so much faith in this band and just hearing what Mysteron said " makes me wanna take a break from the band for awhile"

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

I wonder how much work, on an average day, between the band, management, record company, etc. goes into getting CD ready for release.  Are negotiations still being worked out?  How many revisions of the contract have there been?  Because if everyone focused on getting this thing done we certainly should have CD in our hands by say, March 2009, no?  I mean, thats 2 years since Axl gave us a tentitive release date.  Surely if all stakeholders have a genuine interest in releasing this thing 'soon' then we shouldn't have much longer to wait, right?  

It would be nice to get an official update, even if they can't give us a specific date, just to let us know that they are working hard.  Can you imagine if Axl had a blog?  That would be phenominal.  Maybe then people would understand him and these 14 years a little better.  Not saying he or anyone else owes us anything...but it sure would be nice to know whether we should expect CD in the near future because whether I'm crazy or not, I do go on here everyday with a glimmer of hope that I'll find some really big news.  The release of Shackler's Revenge on RB2 certainly leads me to believe that CD will 'soon' follow...but the lack of additional promotion or information from GN'R has me dissappointed that I may be waiting a lot longer then March 2009.

With the release of SR, it is strange to hear of no new news or promotion for the album release. If the CD was "on the schedule" you would think it would be a bit more PR out there.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »

It would be nice to get an official update, even if they can't give us a specific date, just to let us know that they are working hard.

You need an update to hear that?

March 2009?

How did you figure that one out..

/jarmo

Jarmo - do you feel like they've been consistently working hard on releasing this thing?  Personally I have to imagine that months at a time go by with nothing being done.  And thats dissappointing.  So yeah, it would be nice to understand why things have taken so long.  And I'm not even necessarly referring to the many years since new material was last released...just this window since Axl thought he could release CD until now.  And thats where I got March 2009 in my head...its 6 months from now and 2 years since Axl made his tentitive release statement.  Its a date which if was announced today, I would think was still reasonable. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »

Jarmo - do you feel like they've been consistently working hard on releasing this thing?  Personally I have to imagine that months at a time go by with nothing being done. 

You wanted an update about them working hard.

So when you didn't get one you assume nothing is done?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 03:54:51 PM »

the list isnt fake due some are actualy coming out on the dates posted on the list. but GNR has always been on that list.. at least more then once or twice...

What?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »

GnR the last year have been working hard on getting this album out.  Maybe a list shouldn't spoil a release for 2008.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »

Jarmo - do you feel like they've been consistently working hard on releasing this thing?  Personally I have to imagine that months at a time go by with nothing being done.  And thats dissappointing.  So yeah, it would be nice to understand why things have taken so long.  And I'm not even necessarly referring to the many years since new material was last released...just this window since Axl thought he could release CD until now.  And thats where I got March 2009 in my head...its 6 months from now and 2 years since Axl made his tentitive release statement.  Its a date which if was announced today, I would think was still reasonable.

I wouldn't worry about why it's taking so long, because really, what reason could they possibly give you that will make you say, "oh, right, I can see why it would take 14 years to make this record. It all makes sense now!".

I can't think of anything. Unless the band slipped into a coma for 12 years or so...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:28 PM »

Maybe if GNR released CD, AIG wouldn't need a 85 billion in aid.  Or if CD gets released the economy will come back.  I very much doubt releasing a record would prevent those things, so it's safe to say no one is really going to depend on a GNR CD to change their life.  Just enjoy the new tune, and go see them live if they tour

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »

God, I hope this is real.  At this point, there really is no excuse for this album to not be released in '08.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 04:07:57 PM »

So someone posts that allegedly the album is scheduled to be released later this year and a few of you go into your usual "why is it taking so long" mode.....

AMAZING!

Congratulations!

You really are special.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

So someone posts that allegedly the album is scheduled to be released later this year and a few of you go into your usual "why is it taking so long" mode.....

AMAZING!

Congratulations!

You really are special.  ok

/jarmo

You act as if that is such an unreasonable question.  15 years is a long time.  I hope the date is real but I will not believe it until I have CD in hand.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »

Jarmo, why do you run a GNR board if you don't like to hear anyone's opinion? There is very rarely any GNR news, so all there is to do is to speculate about the new album and rehash the the past. It is pretty pathetic to say the least that an album could possibly take 15 years to create. That isn't an opinion, that's a fact. Whether it's GNR's fault, or management's, or Elvis's, it's pretty strange. The longer it takes, the more bizarre it becomes, so people are going to talk about it on a GNR board. The people that care anyway. At the rate this album is taking, there may not be many left when it does come out.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »

Jarmo, why do you run a GNR board if you don't like to hear anyone's opinion? There is very rarely any GNR news, so all there is to do is to speculate about the new album and rehash the the past. It is pretty pathetic to say the least that an album could possibly take 15 years to create. That isn't an opinion, that's a fact. Whether it's GNR's fault, or management's, or Elvis's, it's pretty strange. The longer it takes, the more bizarre it becomes, so people are going to talk about it on a GNR board. The people that care anyway. At the rate this album is taking, there may not be many left when it does come out.
[/quote

Cause mostly everyone complains, I mean Shacklers was just released and I've heard so many complaints and its actual a good song.  It maybe frustrating at times but I bet that Axl and co wants this record out more than anybody.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 04:24:30 PM »

Jarmo is the "special" one, not us.  Even though he has devoted a significant part of his last 11 or so years to GN'R and this website, he has never felt frustrated about the lack of information or new material from GN'R.  He hasn't even been tempted to listen to the leaks.  Now that is special and I'm being sincere when I say it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »

You act as if that is such an unreasonable question.  15 years is a long time. 

Well basically I don't think it's none of our business how others decide to use their time....

Axl could give an accurate explanation of the whole process tomorrow and still, you probably would only say "but it took too long!".

I don't need some kind of assurance that they're working hard on getting the album out because I'm sure they're doing what they can.

This all comes down to the whole "owing" thing. If you feel like you're owed stuff, I guess you'd feel differently.

Jarmo, why do you run a GNR board if you don't like to hear anyone's opinion?

Ever since you've started posting, the majority of messages have been negative.

Maybe I could've had some fucking sympathy for you in 2003 or 2005 or something.

We just had a new song out in Rock Band 2 and you're acting like nothing has happened. Unbelievably predictable.

You're right, I don't need to hear somebody whining about almost everything. It doesn't interest me at all.

Save it for your Festivus celebrations.  ok

It's bizarre for people to decide what's right for them?

Here's your thread: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49910.0

Some of you can go post and stay there until you have something new to say.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:28:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 04:28:05 PM »

GNR4L

Yeah I'm sure they do, but it is a GNR board, and like I've said, GNR hasn't really given the fans much to cheer about the last 15 years. I'm not saying it isn't annoying to hear people complain sometimes, but you kind of have to expect that when you are reading a fan site of a band that has been working on the most anticipated, expensive album of all time. There are gonna be some restless fans.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »

Yeah I'm sure they do, but it is a GNR board, and like I've said, GNR hasn't really given the fans much to cheer about the last 15 years.

I definitely heard a "few" cheers in 2006 and 2007 at the gigs I attended.

/jarmo

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »

Well basically I don't think it's none of our business how others decide to use their time....

Axl could give an accurate explanation of the whole process tomorrow and still, you probably would only say "but it took too long!".

I don't need some kind of assurance that they're working hard on getting the album out because I'm sure they're doing what they can.

This all comes down to the whole "owing" thing. If you feel like you're owed stuff, I guess you'd feel differently.

Maybe I could've had some fucking sympathy for you in 2003 or 2005 or something.

We just had a new song out in Rock Band 2 and you're acting like nothing has happened. Unbelievably predictable.

You're right, I don't need to hear somebody whining about almost everything. It doesn't interest me at all.

/jarmo

Festivus. Its a festivus for the restofus. Thats hilarious.  rofl ok

Hopefully this rumor pans out to be true. I am really excited with what's going on in Guns right now. And Jarmo is right, its not 2003 or 2005 when absolutely nothing was going on in the world of guns. That was a depressing time. This a very exciting time.  ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »

Here's your thread: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49910.0

Some of you can go post and stay there until you have something new to say.

/jarmo

To say it shouldn't matter to us, the fans, how a band uses its time is to ignore the whole symbionic relationship between band and fans.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:17 PM »

GNR4L

Yeah I'm sure they do, but it is a GNR board, and like I've said, GNR hasn't really given the fans much to cheer about the last 15 years. I'm not saying it isn't annoying to hear people complain sometimes, but you kind of have to expect that when you are reading a fan site of a band that has been working on the most anticipated, expensive album of all time. There are gonna be some restless fans.

GnR has one of the greatest managers in the game Azoff he's gonna get the CD out don't worry, I take back what I said earlier about taking a break from the band.  Shacklers Revenge is the start of Chinese Democracy ! it may not be a single but they released the song on the game.  Why you ask ? cause nobody listens to the Radio anymore ! Sirius destroyed FM radio ! in fact they can get a larger fanbase cause millions of people buy Rockband.  Its the first step Guns N' Roses don't half to update there site about Shacklers being released cause basically the game is promoting it itself.  Gritty get that Dr.Pepper ready your gonna be thirsty after singing all those songs your gonna hear off of Chinese Democracy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: