Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:28:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 10th, 2010 Belo Horizonte, Brazil @ Gin?sio Mineirinho [DISCUSSION]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 10th, 2010 Belo Horizonte, Brazil @ Gin?sio Mineirinho [DISCUSSION]  (Read 46496 times)
Vargas
Opening Act

« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

During Sorry, Axl wears a local football club's flag. Huge cheers for that.

I think the crowd was the loudest crowd I've heard. Amazing!
/jarmo

This flag was threw to Axl... The Biggest soccert team in the city... CRUZEIRO ESPORTE CLUBE!
I?m  in the black T-shirt.

Short or not, this show was the biggest show I've ever seen in my 24 years!.  peace
Belo Horizonte with a crowd completely crazy!
Thanks GNR to make my hometown, the capital of rock for one day!

Jarmo, I hope you liked the T-shirt and you can use that! And you can help us to give the T-shirts to the other guys.  beer

Brazilian GN'R Forum:
PERFECT CRIME GN'R
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »

Well, my journey to Belo Horizonte had a happy ending, basically because Im alive  Grin

I havent sleep in the last 35 hours i think, just managed to sleep a little laying down on the floor at Belo Horizonte?s rodaviaria (bus station). Finding a Taxi after the show was a nightmare, and the 8 hour trip from Belo Horizonte to Rio was all the way long with 35 degrees... that bus was hell inside.

About the venue:

- Nice place. I thought Mineirinho was bigger (considering how enormous is mineirao, and how big mineirinho looks from the outside), and the venue was not packed at all. It was dangerously empty when Baz started to play, but it became decently full when GNR got the stage. The Premium Floor was 50% packed, the ?good?seats were also 50% packed, and the field and the higher seats were actually pretty packed. The good thing about mineirinho is you can see really well from almost everywhere, and you can also see it confortably because the brazilian crowd never pushed me, never saw it jumping like maniacs, never saw them ?pogoing?, all things im used to for attending shows in Argentina.

About the crowd:

- As someone said, not trying to start some kind of ?war?against southamerican crowds, if the band got impressed with the Belo Horizonte crowd, they REALLY have no idea what they?re gonna see in Buenos Aires. People was enthusiastic, they sang LOUD all the songs (at some points, putting Axl?s voice in a second place) and there was some ?energy? in the crowd in the AFD classics, like SCOM or Jungle. But what we, argentininians, know as ?pogo?, was absolutely absent. The crowd was enthusiastic, but it was not a frenzy like it will be in Buenos Aires, like there is all big rock concerts there. I wanted to jump like a lunatic, to headbang, to get crazy, to feel some pain, but none of this things happened yesterday.

About the opening acts:

- I dont know what the fuck was that brazilian band playing first, but thank God they left the stage quickly. Baz started the show like a fucking psycho, rocking and headbanging and playing with his mic, yelling incredible screams, but the band was not as enthusiastic as him (Nick Sterling, great player, was stood up in the back of the stage, like he was rehearsing or just fucking around with friends...). The crowd loved the old Skid Row tunes, but showed no enthusiasm with the KILLER new tunes from Angel Down, like Back In The Saddle and Stuck Inside.

ABout the stage:

The stage really dissapointed me. Very small, with almost no space for Axl and the guys to run around. The videowalls were small too. Forgettable stage.

About the GNR show:

The first thing I want to mention is how INCREDIBLE was Axl?s voice. His voice is in top form, sounding like he did in the last skin n bones tour in 1993, nailing all screams, and singing like it was ??easy?? to sing the GNR songs. His voice was powerful, crystal clear, and he never got out of breath. Trust me: if you are planning to see this band live, this is the best Axl you?ll get. Im not exaggerating, and Im saying this 24 hours after the show, so im not overreacting because of emotion: Axl?s voice is out-fucking-standing. 10 over 10.

A real problem comes to anyone who goes to see a GNR show: you just dont know WHERE to see, where to focus. You have Axl, yes, the main attraction. He moves like a 20 year old guy, he felt confortable yesterday, like he was really having a good time.

Then you have DJ Ashba, the guitarist that you?ll catch yourself looking at him most of the times. He?s magnetic: his stage presence is huge, he is dancing and moving around all the show, and when he starts soloing he is the owner of the show. That?s what made me musically fall in love with Robin: attitude. I thought DJ was not good in this aspect, but he showed me the opposite. He?s the main attraction of the show after Axl. The volume of his guitar couldnt be any higher. He was killer in the sorry / SOD / SCOM / NR solos, and he was the happiest guy in all mineirinho, trust me.

Richard is so intense. The way he attacks the chords of his guitar, how he gets ?possesed?at some points... sometimes you can see him attacking his guitar playing near Frank, when all eyes are spotted elsewhere. He just feels what he is playing.

Bumblefoot is a little ?shy?in comparison with DJ and Richard, but when he?s under the spotlight, he rocks like a motherfucker. He robs the show completely in If The World, one of the highlights of the night, and I think his solo moment was the one that generated the greatest enthusiasm in the crowd (even though i think Richard?s was the best, INCREDIBLY powerful and groovy)

Frank is just Mr. Demolition Man on the drums. He?s a beast. The way he hit that drumkit in Sorry?s outro will be always on my mind. It seemed like they were 3 or 4 guys on the drums. He truly rocks.

The band sounded tighter than ever. I?ve never experienced something like this before: a band sounding as good or even better than on its studio albums. You Could Be Mine was so intense that i got shivers in all my body, that i feel freezed for a moment (and there was in fact 30 degrees). For those planning to see the band: BUY A PREMIUM TICKET. The experience of seeing the band live is already incredible, but seeing the band with one or two meters of distance is just unbelievable.

Other things I would like to mention:

- I always said just erase LALD and YCBM from the setlist! theyre boring and the band doesnt sound good on them. DAMN IT HOW WRONG I WAS. THEY FUCKING BLOW YOUR MIND IN ONE MILLION PIECES. YCBM live feelis like putting your brain in a meat proccessor. Incredibly powerful.

- Axl sang a part of Another Brick In The Wall part 2. I dont know if he did that already (adding his vocals), but it rocked and the brazilian crowd loved it.

- The first half of the opener, Chinese Democracy, was a disaster. Axl was singing one thing while the band was playing another. Axl stopped singing completely at one point, but the band kept playing. Someone yelled at Axl what part of the lyrics they were playing, and then he managed to perform the rest of the song correctly.

- Axl pointed a guy, while showing a big smile, at the very beggining of the show. Who was him, do any of you know?

- The pyro rocked. So do the Confetti at PC

- Beta showed herself very happy and moved when Axl called her to go to the stage, so the crowd could sing happy birthday to her. There was also a medium sized flag in the higher seats, in front of the stage, saying something like ?happy birthday beta, thanks for taking care of Axl...?

- When Axl introduced the band, there were not too enthusiastic applauses for the bandmembers, except for Dizzy, who was VERY applauded and well received by the crowd. The crowd showed zero enthusiasm with DJ Ashba?s solo, when he was trying to cheer the people up before starting soloing. That attitude ended as soon as he started SCOM.

- The crowd knew all the lyrics of the new songs, but Street Of Dreams was applauded like it was a classic like November Rain. That made me smile  Smiley

Conclussion: best show of my life, but I know this statement will not last too much, because I really feel Uruguay and Argentina shows will be more enthusiastic in terms of crowd reception. Musically, this band is a fucking dream team. Guns N?Roses just cant sound better, Axl just cant sing better (trust me, no joke at all, this is the best Axl you?ll get), my only negative comment could be the duration of the setlist. If this had been my only and last show, I would may be dissapointed. But when you just finished seeing a concert with the quality of the GNR shows, no matter how many songs they play, you?ll ALWAYS want more. Anyway, hope to see TWAT, Better, Madagascar, Shacklers, Scraped, IRS and a lot of other songs in my next three stops: Rio, Uruguay and Buenos Aires
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:46:36 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »

great read esteban ok
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »

You fuckin Brazilians are CRAZY  rofl rofl rofl

Live streaming w/ a cell phone?? Now thats rock n' roll  peace

Thanks!

It was an iPhone, my friend's, I was right beside him (ccorlandi) when he did it and we just didn't stream more because we ran out of battery! He planned to do it in S?o Paulo, but there it's an open venue and we thought the usually constant S?o Paulo rain would ruin his cell, so I invited him to come to B.H. (closed arena) and bring the device. Haha, it was so fucking funny to see the viewers counter going up while we're streaming! Did you guys like it??

Manets
Rocker

« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »

Well, I've seen two big concerts in two big stadiums in Argentina and Brazil:
Metallica in S?o Paulo, Morumbi Stadium
AC/DC in Buenos Aires, River Plate Stadium

The crowd in Argentina is crazy, before that I've only seen Scorpions live, and I was SOOO surprised with the argentinan crowd, they don't stop, they jump like crazy and lunatic retarded, I felt home haha  Grin
But in Brazil, we sing along more. Argentinan are more lunatic and headbangers... Of course we also rock and jump as if our lifes depended on that, but they are more crazy.
 ok
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:59:23 PM by Manets » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »

The crowd in Argentina is crazy, before that I've only seen Scorpions live, and I was SOOO surprised with the argentinan crowd, they don't stop, they jump like crazy and lunatic retarded, I felt home haha  Grin
But in Brazil, we sing along more. Argentinan are more lunatic and headbangers... Of course we also rock and jump as if our lifes depended on that, but they are more crazy.
 ok

exactly my thoughts

Brazilians SING a lot. At some points, Axl?s voice was absolutely unhearable because of it. I was surprised how a lot of brazilians, the majority i would dare to say, knew the words for Street Of Dreams. Argentine do not sing that much, but they get crazy jumping and moving around like maniacs.

Ready for Pra?a De Apoteose nexst 14th!  ok

raffaelbh
Headliner

Rock in Rio need back to Rio

« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »

Sharing my pics with you !!
THe best day of all my life
Thank you GUn n Roses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The setlist was small but the power of the songs were strongest...FANTASTIC NIGHT
http://picasaweb.google.com/raffaelbh/GunsNRoses10032010#

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:48:39 PM by raffaelbh » Logged

Rock in Rio needs back to Rio
Tercel59
Opening Act

« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

Tiao - chinese fried dough sticks -  hihi hihi rofl

Baz with a brazilian T-Shirt and it?s written: "TI?O"  hihi

Baz starts screaming with the crowd: "GUNS N' ROSES... GUNS N' ROSES..."
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2010, 05:22:24 AM »

Where is Chris in the group picture?  confused

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2010, 06:37:30 AM »

Where is Chris in the group picture?  confused
You can see his hand holding a camera... hihi

alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2010, 07:29:43 AM »

I don't know what to say. Sincerely!
I've been a fan for 18 years now and having my favorite band in front of me was just unbelievable.
Seeing those guys doing what they do, the way they do, make me wish to do my best just like them.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »

Show was fucking great. Axl sounded amazing and the band played really tight.  beer

Axl still is a great frontman, and watching him perform was just amazing.

Bumblefoot is simply the best. The guy puts on a show of his own, his playing is just  drool  There's no room for DJ Ashba with his average skill and his pussy looks on the same stage that Mr. Ron Bumblefoot Thal.

Too bad the setlist was so short, they didn't even play Better. Huge bummer. There were so many special gigs, I mean, Bach joined them onstage for My Michelle 4 times, joined them once for Nightrain, there were 3 hours long shows, Tommy played some stuff on some of the shows...

We sang Happy Birthday for Beta.  Roll Eyes

I mean, Bach put his heart and soul into it, he was headbanging like a maniac, played a song he hadn't played in some time. Guy really made an effort. I was amazed by how great his show was. It seemed like it was just another show for Axl.

But what I got to see was fucking great. Just wished I had seen more.

I'll surely be seeing them again if I ever have that chance. Axl's still the man. Cool

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say this, I thought Axl was struggling a little bit with If The World on the previous gigs, but hell, he absolutely nailed it on this gig. It was fucking great. yes
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:51:52 AM by gunner22 » Logged

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »

Love that picture with Massa on the big screen! Smiley

As I'm a huge fan of GnR and Axl, this also means a lot to me!
I'm betting Axl will go to one of the races this season.
Btw, season starts this weekend!  ok

Go Axl, and go Mclaren!  peace
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:51:20 AM by peka80 » Logged

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

BTW, anyone took a pic of Axl when a fan threw a white jacket at the stage? He made a really funny surprise face. It was a jacket just like that one stolen in Rock in Rio 2 (or he wears during Paradise City Tokyo 92 dvd, you know?)

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

There's no room for DJ Ashba with his average skill and his pussy looks on the same stage that Mr. Ron Bumblefoot Thal.

Shut the fuck up. Really.

Bumblefoot is an awesome performer, i love him, but DJ Ashba actually owned the stage all over the show, and was by far the biggest attraction of the show after Axl. The way he moves, the way he jumps, dances, feels the show... the way he plays the solos, with all the intensity and power possible. DJ Ashba rocked extremely hard. In fact, i would really love to see him performing more solos, for example, i would love to see him performing the whole SCOM solo.

DJ Ashba REALLY rocks.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

There's no room for DJ Ashba with his average skill and his pussy looks on the same stage that Mr. Ron Bumblefoot Thal.

Bumblefoot is an awesome performer, i love him, but DJ Ashba actually owned the stage all over the show, and was by far the biggest attraction of the show after Axl. The way he moves, the way he jumps, dances, feels the show... the way he plays the solos, with all the intensity and power possible. DJ Ashba rocked extremely hard. In fact, i would really love to see him performing more solos, for example, i would love to see him performing the whole SCOM solo.

DJ Ashba REALLY rocks.
And you were a big Robin fan, right? 

So that's saying something.

I've yet to see him live, but from what I've hear most people seem to agree with you.  DJ has a great stage presence and is obviously a great performer.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2010, 04:57:10 PM »

DJ Ashba REALLY rocks.
And you were a big Robin fan, right? 

So that's saying something.

I've yet to see him live, but from what I've hear most people seem to agree with you.  DJ has a great stage presence and is obviously a great performer.

im still a huge robin finck fan, and i really think DJ will never produce in me the sensations Robin did. But theyre different. Robin used to erase the other 2 guitarists from the stage. He was really magnetic and energetic, and all eyes were spotted on him.

With DJ i feel more harmony, and an overall rocker vibe onstage. DJ has the necessary attitude to walk in front of the stage and start soloing like it was the end of the world. His volume was higher than the rest of the guitarists, and he played all his parts with fury, with aggressiveness, and trust me DJ was the happiest man on the Mineirinho.

DJ can rock even when he?s not on the spotlight. That?s something I can notice also in Richard, but not on Bumblefoot, who seems to be a more quiet guy onstage, but he rocks like an ultra motherfucker when he?s soloing under the spotlight. If The World is Bumble?s showtime. ITW was one of the greatest highlights of the show

snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »

AWESOME quality videos!!!