Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:59:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Rugby League
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby League  (Read 16120 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »

Who you picking this weekend?

N.Z Warriors V Manly Sea Eagles

Melbourne Storm V Cronulla Sharks

I think it will be a Sharks V Manly Grand Final.

I support Newcastle but I still love my footy  ok

peace
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:50:48 PM by Dead N' Bloated » Logged

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »

i'm guessing this is a "land down under" kinda thing right?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »

Yup. Rugby League. The Greatest game of all.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 06:30:06 AM »

peace

Man i have to say. i have just returned from a year in OZ.... yeah thats right traveller! Best time of my life. But i loved NRL and have been following it since i got back. When i left Melbourne were on their customary run which made me think they would take it out again. But they lost to Newcastle Knights and then lost to the Warriors for the 2nd (maybe 3rd) time this season and got extremley lucky against the Broncos.

I hear they may lose Cameron Smith for the last two games.... that would be a huge loss to them methinks.

I know Cronulla are playing well and they have home advantage and beat them at home earlier in the year..... but i'm gonna go for Melbourne in that one.

I'll go for Manly in the other one.... the Warriors are a different kettle of fish away to at home.

So i'll go for a repeat of last years final.

------------

On another note.... for people who have never seen the greatest sporting event in OZ IMO. State Of Origin blew my mind this year.... what a bloody great idea. Simply brilliant. I'm gonna be paying for that every year now.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »

peace

i wish rugby was alive in the US. I'd like to knock the shit outa some one but with out pads and with out practising and running 2 miles twice a day (i'm refering to american football)

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »

peace

i wish rugby was alive in the US. I'd like to knock the shit outa some one but with out pads and with out practising and running 2 miles twice a day (i'm refering to american football)

Alot of coaches have taken methods of training from american footy. The QLD rugby league is a huge deal up there and they play with alot more passion because there is less money involved therefor their training isn't as in depth as the National Rugby League. But I think alot of the Local Comps would give any National Team a run for their money. Local Boys play very hard and with alot of heart.

I just heard that sunny bill williams wants to return to Australia and Play for the bulldogs again. He left the country/team/sport without warning to play French Rugby Union for more money.

He is an absolute wanker and should be banned from playing in the N.R.L and English Super League forever. He has contributed nothing to the gama and I was glad to see him go.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 06:07:26 AM »

peace

Alot of coaches have taken methods of training from american footy. The QLD rugby league is a huge deal up there and they play with alot more passion because there is less money involved therefor their training isn't as in depth as the National Rugby League. But I think alot of the Local Comps would give any National Team a run for their money. Local Boys play very hard and with alot of heart.

I just heard that sunny bill williams wants to return to Australia and Play for the bulldogs again. He left the country/team/sport without warning to play French Rugby Union for more money.

He is an absolute wanker and should be banned from playing in the N.R.L and English Super League forever. He has contributed nothing to the gama and I was glad to see him go.

peace

He's a great player but i can't believe he left. I was disapointed to see Gasnier go as well. Although he is bloody brilliant. NRL has gotta hang on to people like Inglis, Folau, Thurston, Mason, Brett Stewart, Gidley, Justin Hodges.... and players like that.

Man i miss watching NRL and The Footy Show ok

[/color]

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 06:19:48 AM »

peace

peace

He's a great player but i can't believe he left. I was disapointed to see Gasnier go as well. Although he is bloody brilliant. NRL has gotta hang on to people like Inglis, Folau, Thurston, Mason, Brett Stewart, Gidley, Justin Hodges.... and players like that.

Do you get any coverage of league where you are? And where is that?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »

peace

peace

peace

England.... I can't even watch the Super League coz it just doesn't have the same intensity that that the NRL has although saying that i did watch a bit the other day. You can get coverage but you have to pay for a sports package which gets me a load of US crap. I'll be paying the one-off fee for the grand final and Future State of Origins though. Also the time difference means i might not get my moneys worth.

[/color]

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 09:54:28 PM »

peace

peace

peace

England.... I can't even watch the Super League coz it just doesn't have the same intensity that that the NRL has although saying that i did watch a bit the other day. You can get coverage but you have to pay for a sports package which gets me a load of US crap. I'll be paying the one-off fee for the grand final and Future State of Origins though. Also the time difference means i might not get my moneys worth.

I know what you mean. The last world cup I was up at 3am to watch it.

Cameron Smith got 2 weeks for his Grapple Tackle. Everyone is in an uproar about it. But, although I think it was unfair, He is NO Danny Buderus

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:49:42 AM »

peace

peace

peace

Cameron Smith got 2 weeks for his Grapple Tackle. Everyone is in an uproar about it. But, although I think it was unfair, He is NO Danny Buderus

peace

Spoken like a true Newcastle fan there ok

[/color]

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »

peace

peace

peace

peace

LOL.

But I do think Cameron Smith is very overated. I think Kurt Gidley plays Hooker better than smith, even though Gids is a full back, is utillity effort is fuckn brilliant and he really shines when he is put in as Hooker on offence and Fullback on Defence.

Smith is an ok player and should keep his QLD spot but IMO I would not have him in the Australian side unless Gidley, Soward and Farrah were unavailable.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 05:27:18 AM »

peace

peace

peace

peace

LOL.

But I do think Cameron Smith is very overated. I think Kurt Gidley plays Hooker better than smith, even though Gids is a full back, is utillity effort is fuckn brilliant and he really shines when he is put in as Hooker on offence and Fullback on Defence.

Smith is an ok player and should keep his QLD spot but IMO I would not have him in the Australian side unless Gidley, Soward and Farrah were unavailable.

peace

Gidley is brilliant. But i think Cameron Smith has leadership qualities that people admire on top of his skills. I haven't seen enough to be sure but Smith has always impressed me. But then i watched alot more of Melbourne than Newcastle while i was out there.

But anyway looks like a rematch of last years grand final. I wonder if we will see another KO in the first mins like last year.

[/color]

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »

peace

peace

peace

peace

LOL.

peace

Gidley is brilliant. But i think Cameron Smith has leadership qualities that people admire on top of his skills. I haven't seen enough to be sure but Smith has always impressed me. But then i watched alot more of Melbourne than Newcastle while i was out there.

But anyway looks like a rematch of last years grand final. I wonder if we will see another KO in the first mins like last year.

You're right. His leadership skills are pretty good. He is a much better captain then Lockyer or Anaster.

I hope Manly and Melbourne both punch the fuck out of each other on sunday. It's been a while since there has been a good blew in a grand final.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9uN2bs7BII&feature=related

Found this for people who wanna see a bit of good footy. Pretty cool song too!!!  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:12 PM »

Leeds 24-16 St Helens  smoking

Manly 40-0 Melbourne

I didn't get to see the NRL final, was it as one sided as it sounded?

Looking forward to the world cup now, not that I think we'll win but I think we've got a shot at the final, NZ can be hit and miss and looking at the squad the Aussies have named I think the English forwards look stronger (on paper at least). Should be a good comp.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »

I was looking over the Aussie squad for the world cup.

Its awesome. Its a shame Mason got injured and Gasnier went to Union but their team is still awesome. What happened to guys like Hunt from Brisbane?

Cinoniceva, Fitzgibbon, Price, Glenn Stewart & Gallen should provide alot of power.

Some interesting decsions to be made though:

Fullback - will it be Billy Slater or Brett Stewart?

Wings - I take it Folau will play on the right wing, but does this mean Inglis on the left? Coz if that the way it is then that is scary how good their centres and backs are if they are putting Inglis on the wing.

5/8 - Lockyer surley will play if he's fit and there is enough backup there if he needs a rest mid-game. He can win matches out of nothing.

No7 - Thurston, surely.... but then there is always Scott Prince who had a great season before breaking his arm in Origin.

Centres - I assume its gonna be Hodges & Tate but Folau and Inglis could go in there and play brilliant.

Cam Smith at Hooker is a cert

and i haven't even mentioned Gidley who can play in so many positions and win games from all of them.

Its just scary. Just watch for the Thurston Kick to Folau all tournament.... Can he be stopped jumping for a ball. I doubt it.

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9uN2bs7BII&feature=related

Found this for people who wanna see a bit of good footy. Pretty cool song too!!!  ok

peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXiRJVITsCU

Now i'm English but prefer NRL to super league and am more familar with the aussies.

But there is one aussie i can't stand and thats Willie Mason.... There is nothing better in Rugby than seeing Willie Mason get owned

[/color]

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1Vkih5tOQ

The best ever Grand Final  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1Vkih5tOQ

The best ever Grand Final  ok

peace

Yeah a great game. Those drugs Andrew Johns was taking helped him get that last pass off though. haha only joking. He's a legend... probally best ever.

1. Stewart / Slater
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Cinovincina
11. Fitzbibbon
12. G. Stewart
13. Gallen

14. Kite
15. Perry
16. Laffranchi
17. Gidley

I reckon that will be the aussie team against New Zealand its hard to see weakness really but the only plus for the others is that Hunt, Crocker and Mason are out and Gasnier who was probally the best centre in the game has gone to Union. The problem is that Brent Tate has had a great season and could tackle all night and Hodges is so strong chasing and scoring in his place.

Also its will be hard for someone to fill in for Lockyer if he gets injured which he does alot.

[/color]

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: