Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Me playing Welcome to the Jungle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Me playing Welcome to the Jungle  (Read 2174 times)
Slash Jr.
Opening Act

« on: April 14, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioLjdZSPMNU

Using a SM57 hooked up with an Audiobuddy or whatever its called and a Marshall MG250DFX hooked up to a Boss ML2 metal core. Using a Gibson les paul standard 2006

More songs to come soon
wewantslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »

pretty damn good man.
you are probably the first i see where i dont want to laugh. usually all other guyz here doing covers make me laugh or make me really sad, but your version made me feel happy. very rare, as usually i only accept slash version.
which tab did you use by the way, as for some moments i was kinda surprised by notes or chords you chose, but in the good way, as it sounds great.
especially the part before axl shouts you know where you are (not at the begining but at the end) is always hard to make it sound right.
anyway good job  ok 
Slash Jr.
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »

pretty damn good man.
you are probably the first i see where i dont want to laugh. usually all other guyz here doing covers make me laugh or make me really sad, but your version made me feel happy. very rare, as usually i only accept slash version.
which tab did you use by the way, as for some moments i was kinda surprised by notes or chords you chose, but in the good way, as it sounds great.
especially the part before axl shouts you know where you are (not at the begining but at the end) is always hard to make it sound right.
anyway good job  ok 
Thanks

I got the base of the song a long time ago from some basic tabs, since then I had watched hundreds of GNR shows and studied closely how Slash plays the song himself, as i do with other songs as well.
So basically it is a custom tab.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:32:51 AM »

Pretty good, but you play the same improv before and after the first solo of the song. The second improv is different. Might want to check that out.

Fuck 'Em All.
Slash Jr.
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 05:49:16 PM »

Pretty good, but you play the same improv before and after the first solo of the song. The second improv is different. Might want to check that out.

Actually they are two different things if you listen closely. The ones at 1:40 and 1:43 are from the album version of the song while the 2 others are just ones outta my ass  Wink

The one I think you are talking about at 1:40 goes...

D-----------5-7-5-------------------------------
A--------7----------7-6-5-3-----------------------
E------------------------------5-3-------------

The other after the solo is.....

D--------------------5-7b8-5-------------------
A-----------3-5--7-------------7-6-5-3-----------
E-----3-5---------------------------------5-3-

Since I posted the video though i changed the way I play the song, now all of the improvs I play are the most popular ones I have heard from the live performances of the song.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:55:23 PM by Slash Jr. » Logged
wewantslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »

anyway it is soounding well, so thats what matters after all.
if sometimes you have time to spend, you can do your own personal custom tab version in guitar pro 5 in example, it 'd very interesting.
i'd be interested in your middle song solo, the one starting arond fret 12 not the last solo starting at fret 4, i hope you know what i mean, that one on official tab is not that great translate in my opinion.

very impatient to see/hear the next coming song(s)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:31:58 PM by wewantslash » Logged
Slash Jr.
Opening Act

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

anyway it is soounding well, so thats what matters after all.
if sometimes you have time to spend, you can do your own personal custom tab version in guitar pro 5 in example, it 'd very interesting.
i'd be interested in your middle song solo, the one starting arond fret 12 not the last solo starting at fret 4, i hope you know what i mean, that one on official tab is not that great translate in my opinion.

very impatient to see/hear the next coming song(s)

I often fiddle around with guitar pro and power tab with stuff like that.

I know what you mean about the middle solo, if i get some time ill tab it up for you. Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: