Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ticketmaster to End Live Nation Contract
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticketmaster to End Live Nation Contract  (Read 3103 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: August 25, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/23/business/23ticket.html?ex=1345521600&en=a64416ba48b93e02&ei=5088&p

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »

This would be good if ticketmaster wasn't as corrupt and greedy as livenatilon.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »

Fuck 'em both.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 10:42:36 PM »

i'm just glad that ticketbastard is gonna make less money!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 10:53:15 PM »

i have never used tickemaster so  i dont no if  it sucks   some one fill me in hear!!!!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 12:34:37 AM »

i have never used tickemaster so? i dont no if? it sucks? ?some one fill me in hear!!!!

Peace

Well it's like this..............Ticketmaster used to have a really strong monopoly in the ticketing business.  Then to kick that, they generally had surcharges in excess of around 30% face value of the tickets.  So you're paying almost 1 and a half times what the ticket is actually worth.  Now with the growing internet ticketing sites and many sports organizations like MLB leaving Ticketmaster, they're getting what's coming to them.  Unfortunately it only bites us consumers in the ass as they'll more than likely just skyrocket their ticket prices to stay in business.

Pearl Jam tried to sue them a few years ago because of this and unfortunately failed in doing so.  It really was a good lawsuit and the band stood up for their fans and for a while eventually stopped playing gigs that were done through Ticketmaster.  I think they eventually came around, but at least they tried!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 03:14:13 AM »

i have never used tickemaster so? i dont no if? it sucks? ?some one fill me in hear!!!!

Peace

Well it's like this..............Ticketmaster used to have a really strong monopoly in the ticketing business.? Then to kick that, they generally had surcharges in excess of around 30% face value of the tickets.? So you're paying almost 1 and a half times what the ticket is actually worth.? Now with the growing internet ticketing sites and many sports organizations like MLB leaving Ticketmaster, they're getting what's coming to them.? Unfortunately it only bites us consumers in the ass as they'll more than likely just skyrocket their ticket prices to stay in business.

Pearl Jam tried to sue them a few years ago because of this and unfortunately failed in doing so.? It really was a good lawsuit and the band stood up for their fans and for a while eventually stopped playing gigs that were done through Ticketmaster.? I think they eventually came around, but at least they tried!

cool thanks 4 telling me about it  .... it sounds like ticketmaster BLOWES!
 So i wont be useing them any time soon!

Peace

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 03:16:42 AM »

Would TicketTek be part of the same company?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:33:23 AM »

Peace

Well it's like this..............Ticketmaster used to have a really strong monopoly in the ticketing business.? Then to kick that, they generally had surcharges in excess of around 30% face value of the tickets.? So you're paying almost 1 and a half times what the ticket is actually worth.? Now with the growing internet ticketing sites and many sports organizations like MLB leaving Ticketmaster, they're getting what's coming to them.? Unfortunately it only bites us consumers in the ass as they'll more than likely just skyrocket their ticket prices to stay in business.

Pearl Jam tried to sue them a few years ago because of this and unfortunately failed in doing so.? It really was a good lawsuit and the band stood up for their fans and for a while eventually stopped playing gigs that were done through Ticketmaster.? I think they eventually came around, but at least they tried!

cool thanks 4 telling me about it? .... it sounds like ticketmaster BLOWES!

Peace

Unfortunately here in the states (not sure where you're at)...we really don't have a choice if you want to go to a major concert or event.  They still have a very large stranglehold on the mainstream acts....it's the smaller indie bands who are slowly but surely brining the giant down. 
But to honestly show you Ticketmaster's raping method......their smallest shipping charge is $14.95 and that's not even expidited.  $15 to send a friggen' paper ticket to your house.  Plus they have a $8 surcharge just to use them.  So right there is $23 extra to buy any ticket....even to a show where the tickets might be $15.  Gotta love it eh!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 03:34:27 AM »

i have never used tickemaster so  i dont no if  it sucks   some one fill me in hear!!!!

Peace

Well it's like this..............Ticketmaster used to have a really strong monopoly in the ticketing business.  Then to kick that, they generally had surcharges in excess of around 30% face value of the tickets.  So you're paying almost 1 and a half times what the ticket is actually worth.  Now with the growing internet ticketing sites and many sports organizations like MLB leaving Ticketmaster, they're getting what's coming to them.  Unfortunately it only bites us consumers in the ass as they'll more than likely just skyrocket their ticket prices to stay in business.

Pearl Jam tried to sue them a few years ago because of this and unfortunately failed in doing so.  It really was a good lawsuit and the band stood up for their fans and for a while eventually stopped playing gigs that were done through Ticketmaster.  I think they eventually came around, but at least they tried!

Peace

Unfortunately you aren't gonna have much choice. Most artists use it unfortunately.
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:03 AM »

Peace

cool thanks 4 telling me about it? .... it sounds like ticketmaster BLOWES!

Peace

Unfortunately here in the states (not sure where you're at)...we really don't have a choice if you want to go to a major concert or event.? They still have a very large stranglehold on the mainstream acts....it's the smaller indie bands who are slowly but surely brining the giant down.?
But to honestly show you Ticketmaster's raping method......their smallest shipping charge is $14.95 and that's not even expidited.? $15 to send a friggen' paper ticket to your house.? Plus they have a $8 surcharge just to use them.? So right there is $23 extra to buy any ticket....even to a show where the tickets might be $15.? Gotta love it eh!

thats amazing 23 fen bucks for a show that dcould be 20 bucks  wow that have to say the place i buy my tix it free shiping and every thing

wow

Peace

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:29 AM »

Peace

Peace

Unfortunately here in the states (not sure where you're at)...we really don't have a choice if you want to go to a major concert or event.  They still have a very large stranglehold on the mainstream acts....it's the smaller indie bands who are slowly but surely brining the giant down. 
But to honestly show you Ticketmaster's raping method......their smallest shipping charge is $14.95 and that's not even expidited.  $15 to send a friggen' paper ticket to your house.  Plus they have a $8 surcharge just to use them.  So right there is $23 extra to buy any ticket....even to a show where the tickets might be $15.  Gotta love it eh!

Exactly! Here's another example, Dream Theater was here in Dallas August 3rd. The tickets were 37.50. Not bad right? The surcharge on each was $9. So after that and tax just one ticket for the show was nearly $60.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 03:45:31 AM »

For that $15 shipping charge, they should at least send you an ice pack to put on your ass after the raping it just got!

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:10 AM »

If that's your only ticketing company in America well they've got the monopoly.

But I guess all the extra charges come from buying over the net, in the good old days people used to walk to ticketing outlets I guess.

In Australia we have TicketTek and well, I find it very convenient. I like being offered the latest information about shows and ticket offers. I find that the phone service is also very helpful. I guess if you can afford the extras, the convenience is worth it. No biggie!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 04:46:03 AM »

If that's your only ticketing company in America well they've got the monopoly.

But I guess all the extra charges come from buying over the net, in the good old days people used to walk to ticketing outlets I guess.

In Australia we have TicketTek and well, I find it very convenient. I like being offered the latest information about shows and ticket offers. I find that the phone service is also very helpful. I guess if you can afford the extras, the convenience is worth it. No biggie!

Its not the only one here in the states but its the one most used.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 05:20:45 AM »

People used to line up for days to get their tickets!

.....................Did someone die in the queue or something?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 06:17:18 AM »

ticket master is crap.

ordering from the venues site service is usually better, and faster, ticketmaster is slow ass at sending tickets.

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 10:23:16 AM »

People used to line up for days to get their tickets!

.....................Did someone die in the queue or something?

Yeah...my wallet.

But the charge is the same no matter how you buy.  Trust me...I've tried to beat the system years ago, to no avail.  I figured that if I go to the venue boxoffice to buy, then I'd be cutting out the middle man, save my 8-10 bucks/ticket, and be generally happier for it.  WRONG!  Made no difference.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: