Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Joe Torre Releases Book Ripping Steinbrenner, A-Rod
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joe Torre Releases Book Ripping Steinbrenner, A-Rod  (Read 32967 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2009, 08:47:27 PM »

one thing is certain...A-Rod never used "performance enhancers"...

in October.  hihi

Well if he did he needs to find something better cause it sure hasn't helped him yet.  rofl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2009, 06:37:04 AM »

There are ways to prove you didn't do steroids.  If no positive test exists and there's not overwhelming evidence and testimony against someone than they'd have a right to defend themselves.  Again, it's another question as to whether people will believe them, and I'm sure more than a few wouldn't.  I agree, it is a problem, but it's not going away.  Baseball brought this on themselves.

They hypothetical is:

They're on "the list of names".

They ARE the "error rate"....ie:  They are one of the 5% of expected false positives.

Their name is released.

Now what?

You seem to be saying "They're fucked, there's nothing they can do".

I think that's a problem.  A rather large one.  Especially given people are calling for those names to be released.  Because I actually agree with you:  There's not much of a way to defend themselves, given the current climate (admittedly, brought on by MLB itself) surrounding baseball.

But you can't blame the CLEAN guy for that.  I have a hard time saying "Too fucking bad" to the guy who DIDN'T cheat and tests positive (and I don't know who that might be...only that statistically they exist) , because of the cheats.  Don't you?

Again, my fear is that this becomes a witch hunt......righteous indignation and anger I'm perfectly OK with.  Zealotry, though?  Not so much....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »

ordered this at Barnes & Noble last week for pick-up in store, said it would take approx. 2-3 days. having to pass the time reading 'Beyond Belief' by Josh Hamilton. not a bad book..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: