Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:18:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  White Slavery
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: White Slavery  (Read 6653 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 03:42:14 PM »

Yet us white people don't bitch about it every day.

Because "us white people" arent living in a state that sanctioned our slavery until 150 years ago.? Perhaps you should temper your knee-jerk implicit racism before posting.

Can i ask the French for an apology for 1066?

only if Michael Bay apologizes for Transformers? hihi

That's it, i'm seeting a 30ft robot after you

When this robot has dealt with you he'll hunt down everyone else who owes me an apology

The Romans, Vikings, Germans and French they've all invaded bits of the UK at some point so in the style of dishonest ethnic groups worldwide i demand an apology

The foreign man oppressed me!

People can take their attempts to get apologies for slavery and stick it up their @%$

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »

Yet us white people don't bitch about it every day.

Because "us white people" arent living in a state that sanctioned our slavery until 150 years ago. Perhaps you should temper your knee-jerk implicit racism before posting.

give him break - you know full well what he meant: there are a great number of people around the world who never suffered slavery, neither did their parents and grandparents and their great-grandparents - and yet they still gripe and moan as if anyone or anything alive today is responsible

Over here in the UK we have groups demanding an apology for actions 300 years old - exactly how were they affected??

Can i ask the French for an apology for 1066?

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant - I wasn't trying to imply any racism, so if it came across that way, sorry.

Ya know it Pisses me right the hell off, that a singel ethnic group can bitch and moan so much about things that have happened 150years ago and still take it to the bank as a reason for everything that they do.  I dont see why it can still be banked... other then it causing a race war in the US. Im still of the valation that if they still think everything is so bad and they are treated so bad, that the goverment should fund a relocation program and ship them back to the area or orgin of their family in africa.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »

give him break - you know full well what he meant:

Please dont assume that you and I think similarly.

there are a great number of people around the world who never suffered slavery, neither did their parents and grandparents and their great-grandparents - and yet they still gripe and moan as if anyone or anything alive today is responsible

The consequences of black slavery in America are clearly evident in the general divide in class between blacks and whites, and in the state of race relations as well.  To pretend that slavery, and the institutional racism that accompanied and outlived it, had little or no impact on the successive generations of black families illustrates how out of touch you seem to be about this issue.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:17:03 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 08:09:18 PM »

^ so do you think there should be some kind of financial compensation?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »

The Romans, Vikings, Germans and French they've all invaded bits of the UK at some point so in the style of dishonest ethnic groups worldwide i demand an apology
hihi
Im still of the valation that if they still think everything is so bad and they are treated so bad, that the goverment should fund a relocation program and ship them back to the area or orgin of their family in africa.
Fair game Tongue

Most places had slavery of some kind. I'd like an apology from the downs-people while we at it. Harr harr.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »

^ so do you think there should be some kind of financial compensation?

No.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 09:40:07 AM »

I've heard the argument that entitlement programs are a form reparation. Though, I don't agree with that view.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 10:53:06 AM »

Hold on, I'll get the taser ready.
? ? As of today anyone can get somewhere if they try regardless of color.? Anyone can cry and complain that their past and history keeps them down but I find that to be an excuse for lack of effort.? I personally know people that will blame all their troubles on anyone or anything but their own lack of drive or effort.
? ? I also love the people who have never lived in any neighborhood or sorroundings but of their own color yet feel they should champion the cause for rights or lack of rights for others.
? ? You are who you are and you make what you want of yourself.? Are there exceptions to every rule yes, but even with entitlement programs and anti-descrimination laws, people still let themselves be the Victim or the ones who fail to get out and better themselves and then blame society and those who have bettered themselves with or without help of any program.? This goes with any color.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 11:51:53 AM »

Isn't this all common knowledge?

Besides, is there a group of people that haven't been enslaved?

No really, is there?

Rich people.
Rich people where used as slaves too.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »

Rich people where used as slaves too.

yea
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 07:18:04 AM »

I don't know, but it is widely known. Slavery was a common practise all over the world until the late 18th/early 19th century. It still is happening, to this day, in parts of Europe, Africa, Africa, and even the Americas.
It's just that in school, I've never been taught that the whites were enslaved by the blacks. Like yesterday, during the SAT testing, I've seen about 2 out of 4 stories talking about black slavery. I'm getting sick of it.

Never once have I been taught there was a significant white slavery trade going on back in the 1500.

people on north Africa aren't really "black". there are differences in Africa, the people that's normally referred to as black are from south of the Sahara.
still, I didn't know a lot about this bit of history, and it's very interesting.
what I did know though, was that enslavery in Europe was quite common, white slaves working for white people.
I know one section of my ancestors were slaves in north of Sweden, and later one of their kids were sold as a slave to a family in north of Norway.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:20:01 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:40 AM »

i million people over a quarter of a millenia? And none of this backed up with anything more than a paper on it?

Slavery has been around for a long, long time. This is nothing new or interesting.

Anyway, there are currently more people living as slaves today than ever before. We should look to the present and future rather than whine about the past.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: