Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:51:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up  (Read 18291 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »

D's right, Troy is amazing!? ?It's not your classic Pearl Harbour-style summer big-budget movie, it has a great story and all the caracters are well played, not only Achiles (Brad Pitt's)

I've read nothing but bad things about it.

I may attempt a viewing now.

But if it still sucks who is going to give me the 2.25 hrs of my life back?

hihi

If you're ever in Romania I'll take you out to dinner. Smiley

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2005, 03:23:06 PM »

I think he is fucking selfish for demanding that she have his kids.
Good thing she's sticking with her career - he's got HIS, and he didn't give it up for HER, but he wants HER to give HERS up for him.
Whatever.

Go Jennifer!
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 05:28:50 PM »

I think first of all we really dont know if the real reason for the break up its that he wants kids and she doesnt. They also say he fucked it up by having a quicky with Angelina Jolie, that's what media reported.

If it was about the baby stuff, well whats the major problem?, i wouldn't brake up my marriage (if i really loved my husband cos of that), i'd have tried and had my baby, i mean MINE too cos its not jus HIS baby, that would only take her like a year or so, she is already a major star and wont lose her career for that reason.

He didnt gave up on his career cos of her cos he already HAD his career the big way, he didnt have to build it, he was smart enough to wait to get married once he had that successful career and come on Jennifer your bioligical clock its tickling too Roll Eyes

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
jgfnsr
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 05:53:45 PM »

Good thing she's sticking with her career - he's got HIS, and he didn't give it up for HER, but he wants HER to give HERS up for him.
Whatever.

Go Jennifer!

I think I've heard (or read) it all now.? ?Roll Eyes

How in the hell is Pitt being selfish?? It's not like he can have the kids.

The guy waited forever for her to "be ready."? They reportedly even had a deal that they would start a family after that shitty sit-com of her's ended.?

And now that "Friends" is over, Jennifer doesn't really have a career.  Besides, he's always been the more successful one. 

Separately, or together, they are both wealthy enough to be set for life.? Jennifer is the one being selfish.? Seems her career was more important than her marriage.?

Happens a lot these days when the wife doesn't know her place...? Tongue

« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 06:56:59 PM by TheDude » Logged
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »

ok now I think I've heard or read it all Roll Eyes

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2005, 07:56:09 PM »

D's right, Troy is amazing!? ?It's not your classic Pearl Harbour-style summer big-budget movie, it has a great story and all the caracters are well played, not only Achiles (Brad Pitt's)

I've read nothing but bad things about it.

I may attempt a viewing now.

But if it still sucks who is going to give me the 2.25 hrs of my life back?

hihi

If you're ever in Romania I'll take you out to dinner. Smiley

Fair enough.

hihi beer
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005, 08:33:57 PM »

Whatever.

Go Jennifer!

I think I've heard (or read) it all now.? ?Roll Eyes

How in the hell is Pitt being selfish?? It's not like he can have the kids.

The guy waited forever for her to "be ready."? They reportedly even had a deal that they would start a family after that shitty sit-com of her's ended.?

And now that "Friends" is over, Jennifer doesn't really have a career.? Besides, he's always been the more successful one.?

Separately, or together, they are both wealthy enough to be set for life.? Jennifer is the one being selfish.? Seems her career was more important than her marriage.?

whatever the fuck.

He's had his career, it's time for her to have hers.
jgfnsr
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »

whatever the fuck.

He's had his career, it's time for her to have hers.

Huh?  Time for "her career?"  Huh

Jennifer Aniston, herself, has always been a mediocre box-office draw.

Friends was her peak.

Seriously, besides popping out Brad's babies, what the fuck else was she gonna do?

jgfnsr
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 10:14:53 PM »

You need to quit sending me those love letters via PM, Sweet, or I'm gonna have to report you to the mods.  yes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2005, 10:57:47 PM »

i watched Troy again last night and he has? a scene where he is naked with two women but i didnt even notice the women.

I watched Troy lastnight too.? ?I didn't notice the girls in that scene either.? Tongue Grin

My husband didn't either.? When the scene was over he said "hey, were there 2 girls there?? Do you mind if I rewind that?"? Hell no!? hihi

rofl
its so funny you guys mention this cuz when i was watching it with my hubby - at that part - I actually made a comment about how much Pitt owns the camera to be able to steal a scene from two women
i mean in general - one man and one woman in bed - the focus is always on the woman / it is the woman the camera seeks to undress for the viewer... with Pitt - its a whole different game

not to make this a "how fuckin' hot Brad Pitt is" thread.... BUT the man is just a beautiful specimen and a really YES A REALLY great actor...
he just OWNS the camera - while he is on screen - its HIS SCENE

getting back on the 'side topic' - I really enjoyed Troy
Eric Bana was awesome as Hector
and Peter O'Toole ....? I cried in his scene in the tent with Pitt....? ?he was great
the only thing that I didn't like about the movie was I wanted to slap Bloom/Paris...? ?

and oh... finally back ON topic...

I was saddened to hear of their split
At their age and this stage of their lives - who doesn't deserve to be happy?

I really hope Brad finds what he is looking for eventually - whether it be with her or with someone else.
as for Jennifer - she'll always be "Rachel" from Friends - TV does that to your career.
I can't understand IF her pursuing a career took priority over their marrige - I can't understand that...
If she doesn't want children its better they didn't go ahead and have any
though I hope one day if its something Brad is yearning for that he gets it...
because its a beautiful thing? yes
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 11:02:42 PM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »

that angelina jolie rumor isnt true. they became friends after they shot that movie together but that was as far as it went and i believe that. Brad seemed genuine in his love and marriage with her.

he is 41 years old and i guess he wanted a kid, nothing wrong with that in my opinion and careers cause strain

when u go months without getting to spend quality time together any relationship would start to fracture.

i agree eva orlando bloom's character was pathetic and i cant spoil it for those who havent watched Troy but the ending pisses me off a little but its based on a true story so i guess thats what was suppose to have really happened.

u wont waste 2 hrs and 35 minutes of your life, this movie will make u want to start it back and watch it again.

i borrowed it off my brother tonight and im gonna watch it again tomorrow. its that great!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2005, 02:54:59 AM »

brad pitt is NOT a good actor. every actor is just the same (maybe some expetion, and i'd say comedian, funy physicial actor are the exeption)

we like brad pitt cause he's been in "cool" movies and "cool" characters.
we like tyler durden, thats it. tyler durden is a great character, therefore we think brad pitt is great actor.
but no.

watch 12 monkeys, then Fight Club : same acting for pitt.
and worst, watch ocean 11/12, you think you're watching Tyler Durden.

anyway.
lets forget about great actors, bad actors, they are all good at what they do. there are just good movies, and bad movies.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2005, 03:43:51 AM »

i dont agree dude

look at Johnny Depp

i challenge u to find two people that are the same character that he has played

i think all of his roles are different

look at pirates of the carribean

u would have to say without Johnny in that movie and his betrayal of Jack Sparrow, that movie wouldve bombed.

Once upon a time in mexico the same way, the scenes johnny are in the movie is awesome

when he isnt in it, the movie lags

I know i love Johnny's quirky off beat movies

any other actor in there besides him and i dont probably never watch those  movies.

there is a huge difference.

now in big budget, special effect action flicks i agree the actor really isnt that important

Brad Pitt made Tyler Durden cool

if lets say Charlie Sheen played TYler Durden in that movie

i cant say It wouldve been as good or Tyler wouldve been as cool

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2005, 08:15:23 AM »

well I certainly don't think all actors are 'equal'
The fact that we related to and get so into Brad Pitt's characters is IMO an indication of what a great actor he is
Legend of the Falls... Meet Joe Black...
and Interview with a Vampire  ok
he STOLE this movie from its supposed 'star' Tom Cruise
he plays coolness very well yes... but also incredibly depits vunerability

its not all about him being 'cool'...
in the movies as in life
as his life's/marrige's events recently have shown
people look at him and figure he's got to 'have it all'
thing is
he doesn't

not yet

best wishes to Brad for finding happiness  peace
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2005, 08:18:09 AM »

that angelina jolie rumor isnt true. they became friends after they shot that movie together but that was as far as it went and i believe that. Brad seemed genuine in his love and marriage with her.

Angelina has fucked all of her co-stars, and married two of them.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2005, 01:05:19 PM »

I'm amazed that caveman mentality still lives in 2005...gotta laugh!
Marriage is a two way street....I thought when you have a kid, EVERYTHING CHANGES....someone with kids help me out here...They should try getting a puppy first...
Not all women have a maternal desire to populate the planet-I know I don't, never did...and if they can't work out a compromise about populating the planet, maybe it's better that they split....
Still say the puppy idea is the way to go... ok
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2005, 01:25:13 PM »

oh come on ! johnny depp ?
watch desperados 2 ... and las vegas parano (i mean fear and laothing in vegas) ... come on ... he does the same crazy-chararcter-inshort-with and wierd toursity teeshirt - that is always on the cellphone - and walks funny - like he doesnt know where he is .... im exagerating
but even in Caribeean he plays a crazy guy ... just get him a blue FBI tshirt and thats vegas Smiley
im exagerating ....

but i still think that a LOOOOT of actors are good enough, the same i think. some plays great character and it changes everything
and it's not thx too them (maybe 10 %) but thx to the storyline and the way the character is.
if dustin hoffman played Tyler durden i'm sure we'd think he was perfect in it .
(wow ! D ! i didnt read your answer, i just did, and well, we did the same compeason .... opposite actually)

just take mark hammil, terrible actor, but for our generation HE IS Luke Skywalker, and no matter how crappy he is, he RULES.

well well anyway.
i've always been more on the side of the writers/directors/artistic director    than    the actors one ....

Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2005, 02:08:38 PM »

You need to quit sending me those love letters via PM, Sweet, or I'm gonna have to report you to the mods.? yes

no way you are too hot Kiss love
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:12:55 PM by Sweet » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:21 PM »

now dont get me wrong, i agree that a good movie is a good movie and the script,plot etc etc etc means a helluva lot.

Johnny Depp made Jack Sparrow, the movie execs wanted him to have a hook on his arm no facial hair and to just act normal

johnny brought in the dreadlocks, the body language, the gold teeth. the facial hair just everything. thats what seperates Depp, he works hard to give each character he plays different idiosyncracies to make them unique. Like in Secret window with the jaw poppin thing, he did that, it wasnt wrote in the script, no one told him too, he makes his own characters unique and thats special and different.

Star Wars falls in the category of what i said earlier however in the same vein as spiderman,batman

the characters and the spectacle sells the movie, there are a bunch of movies that u could put anyone in the roles and it still works cause its just a great movie.

i dont think i wouldve liked spiderman any less if tobey macguire wasnt in it and movies like that u can put anyone in the cast and the movie is still great

but some movies i think wouldnt be the same

like pulp fiction

i cant imagine anyone else being vincent vega or Jules

same with Fight Club, Brad Pitt made Tyler Durden and not the other way around

look at Terminator 3 for instance which was ok but let me tell u this, had Edward Furlong came back and played Danny i wouldve bought it on dvd, since he didnt i watched it a few times and thats that.

So some movies it doesnt matter but in others the actor in it means all the difference.

there are 10 movies had Johnny Depp not appeared i never wouldve watched them

same with Troy, if Brad Pitt wasnt achilles i wouldnt have bothered.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 05:27:54 PM by D » Logged

Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2005, 05:45:52 PM »

now dont get me wrong, i agree that a good movie is a good movie and the script,plot etc etc etc means a helluva lot.

Johnny Depp made Jack Sparrow, the movie execs wanted him to have a hook on his arm no facial hair and to just act normal

johnny brought in the dreadlocks, the body language, the gold teeth. the facial hair just everything. thats what seperates Depp, he works hard to give each character he plays different idiosyncracies to make them unique. Like in Secret window with the jaw poppin thing, he did that, it wasnt wrote in the script, no one told him too, he makes his own characters unique and thats special and different.

Star Wars falls in the category of what i said earlier however in the same vein as spiderman,batman

the characters and the spectacle sells the movie, there are a bunch of movies that u could put anyone in the roles and it still works cause its just a great movie.

i dont think i wouldve liked spiderman any less if tobey macguire wasnt in it and movies like that u can put anyone in the cast and the movie is still great

but some movies i think wouldnt be the same

like pulp fiction

i cant imagine anyone else being vincent vega or Jules

same with Fight Club, Brad Pitt made Tyler Durden and not the other way around

look at Terminator 3 for instance which was ok but let me tell u this, had Edward Furlong came back and played Danny i wouldve bought it on dvd, since he didnt i watched it a few times and thats that.

So some movies it doesnt matter but in others the actor in it means all the difference.

there are 10 movies had Johnny Depp not appeared i never wouldve watched them

same with Troy, if Brad Pitt wasnt achilles i wouldnt have bothered.

say what ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: