Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:46:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up  (Read 18374 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 08, 2005, 01:37:05 AM »

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston (news) announced Friday that they were calling it quits after nearly five years of marriage. "We have decided to formally separate," they said in a joint statement.

"This decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration. We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another. We ask in advance for your kindness and sensitivity in the coming months."

The couple's every move in recent months has been breathlessly tracked in painstaking detail in the glossies. Us Weekly, Star and InTouch devoted gallons of ink to chronicling the actors' ups and downs. First Pitt was linked to his Mr. and Mrs. Smith costar Angelina Jolie. Then Aniston was spotted sans wedding ring. He told Diane Sawyer how much he wanted kids, supposedly while she was partying it up London (and this after he jet-setted to shoot Troy, Ocean's Twelve and Mr. and Mrs. Smith). Then they were back together, celebrating New Year's in the Caribbean with Aniston's former Friend Courteney Cox (news) and hubby David Arquette (news). British oddsmakers even began taking bets on whether the couple would last through the end of the year (by Monday, the line was 2-to-1 in favor of divorce). People was the first out with the break-up news late Friday (undoubtedly ruining the weekend plans of rival reporters).

"For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any of the speculation reported by the tabloid media," they said in their Friday statement.

There was no further comment from either actor's reps.

Pitt, 41, and Aniston, 35, first hooked up in the spring of 1998 and instantly became one of Tinseltown's premiere power couples. They married two years later in a lavish, star-studded ceremony in Malibu attended by 200 of their closest pals, including Cox, Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer, Cameron Diaz (news), Edward Norton and Salma Hayek (news).

It was the first marriage for both. Pitt had one been engaged to Gwyneth Paltrow and before that had shacked up with Juliette Lewis. Aniston previously played house with actor Tate Donovan and had also spent time flocking with head Counting Crow, Adam Duritz.

Endlessly dogged by paparazzi and the tabs, the couple was never far from a headline. Aniston's waistline and eating habits were analyzed ad nauseum for clues to whether she was pregnant during the final seasons of Friends. She finally confided to People in 2002 that they were planning on starting a family, when the time was right. "Absolutely it will happen but probably not for a while," she said. "Probably Friends will end, close that chapter, and see where we go."

But Aniston's post-Friends career took off and she has at least a half-dozen films in the pipeline, beginning with Rumor Has It, a comedy due out April 15 in which she plays a woman who discovers her family was the inspiration for The Graduate. Her other projects include Derailed, a thriller about two people whose lives take a turn after a chance encounter on a train, due later this year; Diary, a film about a married woman who gets blackmailed after she loses her secrets-filled diary; Friends with Money, about three married women and their single friend; the heist tale Gambit with Ben Kingsley; and an untitled dark comedy about a politician's wife unwittingly reunited with a child she put up for adoptions years earlier.

Pitt, on the other hand, has some down time after a busy year in 2004. (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, one of three high-profile films he shot last year, comes out in June.)

While the baby-making was unsuccessful, the couple did make good on another joint project. They formed the production company Plan B with their manager, Brad Grey. With Aniston and Pitt splitting and Grey giving up his stake to take over Paramount Pictures, it's not known what will become of Plan B. The company's next major release is the Johnny Depp (news)-starring Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, due out this summer.

Brad pitt is one of the greatest actors alive today, he is so underrated cause people are prejudice and cant look past his looks to give him the credit he deserves

but his movies are excellent

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 09:15:28 AM »

Oh wow, there's still a chance for me with Brad!  Tongue drool

Otherwise, I don't care much - it's hollywood and expected.  Undecided

Why don't you just....
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

Perfection doesn't exist.

Just goes to show that they looked too perfect to be " true". Perfect is fishy. Life is complicated, people are, egos are.

It's not Hollywood, it's consumeerism and what's left of us.

PS : Any man filming with angelina Jolie becomes vulnerable. If she became a producer, a lot of male actors would be...."fragile" .

Nothing to say
jgfnsr
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 02:44:35 PM »

Personally I think the reason is he wants kids and she doesn't.

Anyway, I always thought Pitt was freakin' nuts marrying her.  I mean from a guy's point of view, if your Brad Pitt, you could do a hell of a lot better than Jennifer Aniston.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 05:35:57 PM »

Brad pitt is one of the greatest actors alive today, he is so underrated cause people are prejudice and cant look past his looks to give him the credit he deserves

YES!!! Finally a man who can see beyond someone's looks! Brad Pitt is an amazing actor, and all the caracters he's played and the movies he's played in are great and original.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 06:14:59 PM »

I'm just surprised it lasted as long as it did Undecided

Pryor Murphy
Rocker

Fuck It!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 07:41:57 PM »

Brad Pitt is indeed an actor. Tyler Durden must be the coolest movie character ever

Jennifer Aniston is just Rachel...but I don't care, because I love Jennifer Grin
jgfnsr
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 10:58:09 PM »

I'll have to agree with some of the above posts.

While most of people's attention is directed towards Pitt because of his looks, the guy is a good actor.? Quite underrated.

Obviously the character of Tyler Durden was a badass.

Another of Pitt's best characters is playing a pot-smoking couch potato named Floyd in the film True Romance.? Quentin Tarantino wrote the screenplay and Pitt has a classic line in it..."Don't condescend me man."? ?hihi
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 11:00:30 PM by TheDude » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 12:55:33 AM »

YES!!! Finally a man who can see beyond someone's looks! Brad Pitt is an amazing actor, and all the caracters he's played and the movies he's played in are great and original.

I agree. Rob Lowe was the heart throb of the 80's, but you'd be hard pressed to call him a great actor.

Brad Pitt is both: damn good looking and a talented actor.

Back on topic, D, now you have your chance...Brad is single.... hihi You can give up the "straight act" now, we all know.  Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 01:56:19 AM »

im comfortable enough in my sexuality to say this

brad pitt is a hot motherfucker! ok

i watched Troy again last night and he has  a scene where he is naked with two women but i didnt even notice the women.

he is a great actor brad pitt and johnny depp are the only two actors that i will go watch a movie just cause they are in it.  all their movies are class and they both make bad movies good, good movies great, great movies classic

he is my 2nd fav actor behind depp

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 09:32:53 AM »

jennifer aniston is so ugly.
and brad pitt plays in good movies ... what does that tell us? well that he plays in good movies ... good movies make good actors.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 10:07:05 AM »

i watched Troy again last night and he has? a scene where he is naked with two women but i didnt even notice the women.

I watched Troy lastnight too.   I didn't notice the girls in that scene either.  Tongue Grin

My husband didn't either.  When the scene was over he said "hey, were there 2 girls there?  Do you mind if I rewind that?"  Hell no!  hihi

Why don't you just....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 10:13:49 PM »

Not to hijack (but I will-lol) I've heard that movie sucks!

Is this true?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 12:25:18 AM »

are u talkin about Troy?

dude thats probably the greatest movie of 2004 in my opinion

i hate long ass epic shit like that normally im not into the bravehearts,king arthurs,gladiator i havent even watched the lord of the rings

but troy is so fuckin amazing!

a buddy and me drove an hour and a half just to watch it at the cinema and i loved it just as much when i rented

im definitely gonna buy it very soon.

rent it, trust me u wont regret it

if u rent it and dont like it
give me your address and ill send u your money back

its that good trust me!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 12:34:33 AM »

are u talkin about Troy?

dude thats probably the greatest movie of 2004 in my opinion

i hate long ass epic shit like that normally im not into the bravehearts,king arthurs,gladiator i havent even watched the lord of the rings

but troy is so fuckin amazing!

a buddy and me drove an hour and a half just to watch it at the cinema and i loved it just as much when i rented

im definitely gonna buy it very soon.

rent it, trust me u wont regret it

if u rent it and dont like it
give me your address and ill send u your money back

its that good trust me!

Wow D, you are really puttin' yourself out here. Everybody I have talked to said it sucked major ass.

So if it's awesome, then you may be the coolest guy in the world. But if it sucks like everybody says.....I dunno man.... nervous
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 01:13:24 AM »

it lasts 2 hours and 35 minutes and it feels like 1 hour

my mom goes to bed around 9pm everynight
she started watchin it with me at 8 and my mom is notorious for falling asleep in the middle of movies and tv shows

she set up the entire time and loved it.

u gotta judge by who said it sucked and what kind of movies they are into.

if u like greek mythology and just kick ass fighting and excellent dialogue and acting, u will love this movie.

people who like mindless comedies and action special effects films may not dig this.

if u like getting wrapped up into characters and being took for a ride, this movie is for u.

if u are one of those people who cant pay attention and sit still and talk and do 5 other things while trying to watch a movie, u wont like it.

it takes total attention and concentration.

but i promise u will want to watch it again after u finish it.

im telling u!

its probably one of my top 5 all time movies

if u hate brad pitt however dont attempt to watch it.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 01:44:22 AM »

D you're crazy Smiley

SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 02:37:56 AM »

D you're crazy Smiley

haha, yea that may be the best D quote ever:

if u hate brad pitt however dont attempt to watch it.

Like a warning on a medicine bottle: "Don't take on an empty stomach and if u hate brad pitt however dont attempt to watch this movie."

Fuckin' great!!! I love it!

hihi
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 06:03:56 AM »

D's right, Troy is amazing!   It's not your classic Pearl Harbour-style summer big-budget movie, it has a great story and all the caracters are well played, not only Achiles (Brad Pitt's)

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 12:45:58 PM »

D's right, Troy is amazing!? ?It's not your classic Pearl Harbour-style summer big-budget movie, it has a great story and all the caracters are well played, not only Achiles (Brad Pitt's)

I've read nothing but bad things about it.

I may attempt a viewing now.

But if it still sucks who is going to give me the 2.25 hrs of my life back?

hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: