Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ever die in a dream?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ever die in a dream?  (Read 6368 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« on: May 30, 2005, 09:58:50 PM »

There are those who say you can't, because it's impossible to say, since you never experienced literal death in the first place...

If you've ever died in a dream, and were convinced that you had really died... what did you see? What happened?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:35:42 PM »

Never died in mine.

I have always heard that you can't die in your own dream. Dunno if that is true or not, but I'm sure somebody will soon post that they have died in theirs.
psycotron
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:58:41 PM »

i fell off a cliff in a dream but when i woke up before i hit the ground. weird
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 11:11:10 PM »

I have dreamed that a mob of demonic midgets killed me. nervous

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
journey
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 01:26:25 AM »

i fell off a cliff in a dream but when i woke up before i hit the ground. weird

I've had that dream too.

There's been other dreams where I've been in car accidents, house fires, etc... I can see the images leading up to my death vividly, but I never actually see myself dead.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:16:52 PM by journey » Logged
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 01:37:44 AM »

Yes, of some disease no less. When it happened everything went to black and I woke up.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

Similar topic: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18876.0

Die

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol.? Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation.

To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 12:20:11 PM »

I have died many times that Im not scared to die, Once I dreamt that I was killed in war and my legs blew off, when I died I just saw everything in black like I was blind it was kind of desperate but then In my restless nights I woke up, I saw my legs that were numb so then I just breath and slept again.

No man can be my equal
journey
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:00:57 PM »

Several years ago I dreamt that there were snakes in my bed. I kind of woke up, but not quite, and I felt something on my throat. I screamed, and woke everyone up in my house. My mom came into my room, and it turned out that the thing on my throat was my arm. It was asleep (numb), and that's why I didn't recognize it. My dad asked me if I was using drugs.? hihi
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 01:06:27 PM by journey » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »

Me too been nearly dead meny times but always woken up without goin to the next world n sightseeing about nirvana.

I saw the end of the world once in my dream. smoking
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 03:53:34 PM »

Me too! And it was so, so vivid.

I can remember most of it to this day, and it was about three or four years ago.

I thought about it for ages afterwards, thinking that maybe it meant something profound...

I was on a mountain (I'd just been up Vesuvius (sp, obviously) in Italy a couple of months before, and it was something like that) and I could see crashed planes in the sea and....Ahh man. Seemed so real.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 04:50:28 PM »

I have died three times in my dreams

once someone broke in the house and killed everyone while I was lying on the floor though I said "I cant die in my dream" So it was like the dream rewound and I went and hid, the dude killed everyone else but I lived.  weird shit.

second there was a guy I was friends with and I went to leave his house and he said "wait a minute" and when I turned around he stabbed me in the stomach.

third time, I beat this guy up and he apologized for fucking with me and asked if i wanted to grab something to eat, I said sure, he said well let me go change clothes

while he was gone I got an idea that maybe he was gonna get a gun and kill me, seconds later he appeared in the hallway and had a gun and shot me.

I woke up each time though just as the death occurred. freaked me out for days.

I have had a couple of near death experiences and from what I could tell u accept death.

U get peaceful and sort of blank out and accept and welcome it, so I dont think death will be that bad.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 05:47:59 PM »

Me too! And it was so, so vivid.

I can remember most of it to this day, and it was about three or four years ago.

I thought about it for ages afterwards, thinking that maybe it meant something profound...

Same here. mine was several years ago.  Shocked

I thought it could be sorta divine revelation (for a split sec) or some enlightenment ...

I was a completely different person in the dream. The dream was about a freckly girl in California where I hadn't ever been to. (the story started from her hometown and is dull n long that should be omitted)

One sunny day her friends and she are walking on the beach and see a massive snow wall on the horizon. It's crossing the sea n getting closer n closer. Still the sky is blue and it's warm but snowing. They go back n find Dead silence reigning throughout The town.

In a way, it was a beautiful dream. smoking
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 06:04:27 PM »

I don't recall a dream where I died, but I recall a couple of dreams where I was "in danger". I didn't die but, yeah, I was definitely in danger.
Have you ever dreamt beeing attacked by a dog? This one is fucking scary... nervous
Since that moment, I can't stand  dogs, cats, pets or any kind of animals exept red fish Grin
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 06:09:09 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 06:07:15 PM »

I always wake up before I die....hmmm, good name for a song? hihi

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 06:18:11 PM »

Ok wired story.

I had i dream i was running down an ally and i turned and i got shot. i remember, in my dream, it hurt. then the guy came up to me and shot me in the head. I felt light-headed, and began to fly. i flew into some nebula of light and heres the kicker, jimi hendrix was playing purple haze and i was listening. i went up higher and randy rhodes was playing crazy train with ozzy singing. i went up even higher and i felt like i was falling forever. Then i felt i hit the ground and my bones shattered. Then i woke up. That was the wirdest expirence i've ever had.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »

There are those who say you can't, because it's impossible to say, since you never experienced literal death in the first place...

It was imposible wor me to say how sex is a few years ago, when I dreamt I was banging Stephanie Seymour in an elevator

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
MCT
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 09:37:52 PM »

You know what I hate? The utter impotency experienced when getting into a racket (fight) in a dream.

It's like everybody's favorite Silverchair lead singer aptly put it - boxing under water.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 02:05:59 PM »

Me too been nearly dead meny times but always woken up without goin to the next world n sightseeing about nirvana.

Me too, I saw the whole world colapsing to the water and the water was draining into the sky with a lot of Tsunamis and Tornados it was pretty scary.

No man can be my equal
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 06:29:29 PM »

Yes. All the time.
But its always after i've killed someone else. hihi

What's so civil about war anyway?
Spandex Angel
Opening Act

$et To $leaze

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 07:44:46 PM »

Several years ago I dreamt that there were snakes in my bed. I kind of woke up, but not quite, and I felt something on my throat. I screamed, and woke everyone up in my house. My mom came into my room, and it turned out that the thing on my throat was my arm. It was asleep (numb), and that's why I didn't recognize it. My dad asked me if I was using drugs.? hihi

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

i've done that before

Warning: NikkI $ixX Fan Wandering around aimlessley

Nikki:
The thing with Axl is as much as I love him, he's kind of a fucking emo fag. He's not really a dude.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 08:54:27 PM »

A lot of people are saying? they died, but woke up just as it happened. This doesn't count, because here you are avoiding the death that you feel is immenent by waking up.

I want to know the stories of people who didn't wake up, but were able to follow in their dream what happened to them after they were certain that they were not living anymore.

NIB, you seemed to have surpassed the point of your death bit, and you seemed to have been on your way to a heaven of sorts; but you crashed down a little later. What happened then? Did you wake up right away?
------
MCT, only once was I able to fight back in some form when I had to fight. Normally I can't do anything, like you had mentioned...

Fighting..heh, I can't even damn run away rant

------

And Journey, funny little story. I'm gonna create a "sleepwalking and sleeptalking experiences" thread later, should be fun.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
MCT
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 10:08:15 PM »

Yeah, trying to run away is the worst. It's like you're on the fuckin' moon!
Spandex Angel
Opening Act

$et To $leaze

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 07:38:29 AM »

maybe it would be better asking people who have been pronounced medically dead, but then wake up. Invariably they say they saw a bright white light, and that's all. Huh

Warning: NikkI $ixX Fan Wandering around aimlessley

Nikki:
The thing with Axl is as much as I love him, he's kind of a fucking emo fag. He's not really a dude.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 08:23:25 AM »

I have had the falling off the cliff one as well and I've been killed a couple times in my dreams by some killer but most of the time I ususally wake up before I die in a dream.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: