Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227836 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Hate group goes after Ford Motor Co.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hate group goes after Ford Motor Co.  (Read 6546 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2005, 07:23:04 PM »

The quotes aren't taken with their context, and the only one that might be a little over the top is the one about Frenchies. Not all of them are arrogant, ok. Some French are not left wingers (Le Pen did well on the last election, didn't he?). That's as far as I'll go.

Who are you to call others arrogant?

Some French aren't left wingers? No shit!

I'm sure there are gun toting meat eating nazis in France too! Hard to believe, it's supposed to be full of left wingers.

Axl Rose is a racist. I'm not a racist.

Blame Axl!

I'm sure you're the most open minded person on this board!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2005, 08:11:43 PM »

Take out of context....LOL, yea right. All anybody has to do is read what you write here to see what kind of person you are.

You claim being a Christian is what everybody should be. Yet, in the next breath, you claim that good will is overated.  Roll Eyes

You've certainly heard of the give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish argument. After so many times, you just can't give people anything more, or they will be weaker for it.

I found those quotes in 5 minutes, imagined if I really dug (wouldn't wanna waste more than 5 minutes though). Every post you say something absurdly false, ignorant, and filled with bigotry. In fact I find it very hard to believe you are serious. You condradict yourself within your own posts sometimes.

How about posting links to the entire thread, instead? You aren't giving the whole picture with just quotes.

I must believe you are only trying to stir the pot and can't be for real.

You're calling a Christian group a hate group, Mr. Kettle.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 08:20:55 PM »

Who are you to call others arrogant?

I can back up my words. Some French claims, like the "geography" of a type of wine, are bullshit. I do use logic to explain things.

Some French aren't left wingers? No shit!

They are, unfortunately, a minority. France needs a burst of nationalism, pronto!

Blame Axl!
I'm sure you're the most open minded person on this board!

Axl isn't very open minded, either.  hihi I'm just stalwart, like he, but most would call be stubborn. I don't care.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

I can back up my words. Some French claims, like the "geography" of a type of wine, are bullshit. I do use logic to explain things.

haha, this should be good.

Please explain.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 10:38:46 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine

Well, you can go there to get educated. American wines usually go by the variety of grape used, while European wines go by region. Thus, regions like Champagne try and bully winemakers outside of that region not to use the name "Champagne", even if they make wine just as well, and with the same grapes! They do this to control the market, not to keep quality high! That's simply arrogant. They should group their wines the way we do, by the type of grape, not by the region.

They say they don't want cheap wines taking on their oh-so-holy name, but this problem is very exaggerated. They really just want to stop competition. Of course, it's not just the French who do this practice...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 11:05:33 PM »

Well, you can go there to get educated. American wines usually go by the variety of grape used, while European wines go by region. Thus, regions like Champagne try and bully winemakers outside of that region not to use the name "Champagne", even if they make wine just as well, and with the same grapes! They do this to control the market, not to keep quality high! That's simply arrogant. They should group their wines the way we do, by the type of grape, not by the region.

They say they don't want cheap wines taking on their oh-so-holy name, but this problem is very exaggerated. They really just want to stop competition. Of course, it's not just the French who do this practice...

I know more about wine then probably 99% of most people, so spare me on the education thing.

That is just how they are classified: French by region, American by grape type. French producers have picked up on this and have begun to bottle wines for America with the grape varietal on the bottle.

You are absurd.

That is like saying the Australians are trying to fool everybody by calling their wine Shiraz instead of Syrah. Tongue

OK, give me more examples....I'd love to hear them. I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 11:22:02 PM »

If you want to laugh, you'll love this. http://home.kendra.com/mauser/YARTLTF.html  rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 11:23:41 PM »

Nah...your posts can hold me for the next week.

Thanks and goodnight.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 04:09:35 AM »

They are, unfortunately, a minority. France needs a burst of nationalism, pronto!

Ever heard of Jean-Marie Le Pen and his recent exploits at the polls?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 06:38:42 AM »

you talk out of your arse...champagne has been named such for hundreds of years...its the name of the region, they make it there, thats why its called champagne...why should people from that region not be able to protect the name of their wine named after that region?...its not about the quality, its about the region, just like when you want real whisky, you buy it from scotland...anything else is just a copy and is inferior

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: