Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 396454 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2400 on: July 22, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »

3.......there is no band right now.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2401 on: July 22, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »

Thanks for adding so much to the conversation
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2402 on: July 22, 2015, 07:11:14 PM »

The only way he's still in the band is if this is all some piece of bizarre performance art.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2403 on: July 22, 2015, 07:12:41 PM »

True , but when there is a band ... Ron won't be part of it,

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2404 on: July 22, 2015, 08:03:06 PM »

The only way he's still in the band is if this is all some piece of bizarre performance art.

I think he could be wooed back into the band with a bigger paycheque and more concessions for his solo work whenever Axl is willing to hit the road again. Bumblefoot has bills to pay like anyone else, and I'm sure he'll find - if he hasn't already - that he'll live a comfier life playing in Guns' than selling a few solo albums and solo concert tickets to (ironically) mostly Guns' fans. 

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2405 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:54 AM »

I think he could be wooed back into the band with a bigger paycheque and more concessions for his solo work whenever Axl is willing to hit the road again. Bumblefoot has bills to pay like anyone else, and I'm sure he'll find - if he hasn't already - that he'll live a comfier life playing in Guns' than selling a few solo albums and solo concert tickets to (ironically) mostly Guns' fans. 
But could he live with himself if he did....  Sometimes, the best deal you get in life is the one where you find comfort in living the way you want, not the one that puts the most cash in your pocket  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2406 on: July 23, 2015, 01:43:30 AM »

Oh it is, this is all a massive conspiracy troll simply to watch your reactions on internet forums, because you are that important and integral to life itself.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2407 on: July 23, 2015, 02:45:33 AM »

He quit over a year ago.  Why hasn't management made an announcement.  Huh

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2408 on: July 23, 2015, 04:00:09 AM »

Deja vu....

It feels like we're going around in circles.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2409 on: July 23, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »

Ultimately, most things in life come down to money.

But none of his concerns were about not being compensated fairly.  I'm not sure a bigger check is worth the trade off to him to offset the other problems he has with chronic inactivity and poor communication overall.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2410 on: July 23, 2015, 09:49:52 AM »

could be more interesting to guess who will replace Ron...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2411 on: July 23, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »

Someone else 99% of us have never heard of, would be my guess.

Not sure I see the possibility of a guy with any sort of name or rep signing on to this operation at this stage.  I think it far more likely someone else is plucked from obscurity.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2412 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »

Not sure I see the possibility of a guy with any sort of name or rep signing on to this operation at this stage.  I think it far more likely someone else is plucked from obscurity.

I agree

And it wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Honestly I had no clue who DJ, Ron or Richard where previous to being in the band and all were great
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2413 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

Yeah, big names don?t tend to join already established bands even in optimal situations.
When Mick Taylor left the Stones, which was not far removed from what many consider their creative peak, they were rebuffed by the likes of Rory Gallagher, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck..

Having seen what?s become of Axl?s career post ?93, no big name is going to sign up to maybe play the hits and then maybe record some music that may, but most likely not ever see the light of day.

But if we were playing make believe, and Axl was willing to step outside of GN?R, I?d love to hear what he and David Gilmour could come up with.
McCready tends to impress while not in PJ, so that could be cool. Maybe Cantrell. Mick Taylors guitar and Axl?s voice could be great together, but they?d probably need another songwriter to help tie it together.

An Axl album with guest guitarists could be the shit. Even it it were just cover songs.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2414 on: July 23, 2015, 02:21:07 PM »

Here's an interview with Ron:

http://rockrevoltmagazine.com/interview-bumblefoot/

That's because nothing has changed.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2415 on: July 23, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »

Did kind of think, this time last year, we'd at least be talking about things gearing up again.  Based on Axl's interview.

Didn't even assume an album out by now.  Just news that things were in motion.

So its hard to maintain that level when each piece of news after the other suggests the very opposite.  Its a bummer.

Did anyone think, this time last year...a thread about Sixx:AM would be dominating this place? 

Wha' happen?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2416 on: July 23, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »

Did kind of think, this time last year, we'd at least be talking about things gearing up again.  Based on Axl's interview.

Didn't even assume an album out by now.  Just news that things were in motion.

So its hard to maintain that level when each piece of news after the other suggests the very opposite.  Its a bummer.

Did anyone think, this time last year...a thread about Sixx:AM would be dominating this place? 

Wha' happen?
Not exactly, but it's also not shocking with Motley Cr?e finishing up this year. DJ was going to have to make a decision one way or the other. Not sure if things would've been different if all systems were a go in GNR land. Let's not forget that DJ was in Sixx:A.M. before he was in Guns. And they've released 3 albums over the last 8 years, while it was a "side project". Since Nikki's schedule is going to be wide open, this was bound to happen.

Nothing shocks me anymore with this band. We could not hear from Axl for 5 years, or there could be a flurry of activity next year. The one thing I have learned is to never expect anything, but I remain hopeful. That's all I can do, and I don't see the point in the alternative, at least not for me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2417 on: July 24, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »

Deja vu....

/jarmo

Groundhog day redundancy  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2418 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:30 AM »

Deja vu....

/jarmo

Groundhog day redundancy  ok

Agreed Emily.  Until management makes the announcement we're just going to go round, and round.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2419 on: July 24, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »

Not exactly, but it's also not shocking with Motley Cr?e finishing up this year. DJ was going to have to make a decision one way or the other. Not sure if things would've been different if all systems were a go in GNR land. Let's not forget that DJ was in Sixx:A.M. before he was in Guns. And they've released 3 albums over the last 8 years, while it was a "side project". Since Nikki's schedule is going to be wide open, this was bound to happen.

True.

So the question then becomes, I think, did Axl consider DJ essential personnel?  I think if he's truly looking at releasing another album anytime soon (big if, it appears) he's prepared to move on, sans DJ.

Of course, if he didn't intend on doing anything anytime soon anyway, then perhaps he doesn't care what DJ does in the interim.  Maybe Axl still thinks he grab him up in 2018 or whenever.  Only risk there is if DJ feels he's moved on and is no longer interested.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: