Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why wasn't Don't Damn Me ever played live?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why wasn't Don't Damn Me ever played live?  (Read 30393 times)
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

It was the Saratoga 6/10/91 and they did not play the song.  After the crowd chanted it a few times, Axl said "thank you very much".

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2006, 12:51:22 PM »

They never played Get In The Ring live. They did the chant, that's all.

I remember reading a long time ago that the reason those were never played live is because the band thought they proved their point on the album. Axl said there was no need for those songs to be played live, so they weren't.

So they just did the chant and thats it? I dont think so. I think I heard them play after. Dont have a copy of this any more, but I am sure of it.

Why would they just say. Here is a new song, chant for it people.. Then what, they play Night train right after that. makes no sence. They played the song right after the chant. i remember

I dont think so. I remember this and they just asked people to chant...the music wanst even finished when they asked the audience to chant so...

hmm... ?I think the first song was done, forget the name. ?But then they added the rant into it after, then called it get in the ring. ? Now the more I think of it, I cant remember him doing that rant ever. ?And it would seem kinda silly, to do the same rant all the time live, probably why it was never played live.

So, I agree then. ?This song was never played live.

BUT, what song did they play live after they got the crowd to chant... ? If I was in the crowd I would be all like what the fuck. ?You talk about this new song, get us to chant and beg for it, then we dont get to hear it. ? ?Fuck

If you dont like me, blow me!
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:08 PM »

[quote author=axlrosehunny link=topic=37363.msg754844#msg754844
Why would they just say.? Here is a new song, chant for it people..? ?Then what, they play Night train right after that.? ?makes no sence.? ?They played the song right after the chant.? ?i remember
[/quote]

False memories are tricky. ?Trust me, it was never played live. ? The chants were, but that's it. ?It's studio magic, much like Kiss Alive! (don't mean to piss off the kiss fans, but you know where I'm coming from). ?I mean, the thing I posted earlier was a segment of jarmo's GNR FAQ. ?I'm pretty sure he research that list extensively before he put it online. ? peace

GNRevolution... the missing link.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »

They never played Get In The Ring live. They did the chant, that's all.

I remember reading a long time ago that the reason those were never played live is because the band thought they proved their point on the album. Axl said there was no need for those songs to be played live, so they weren't.

So they just did the chant and thats it? I dont think so. I think I heard them play after. Dont have a copy of this any more, but I am sure of it.

Why would they just say. Here is a new song, chant for it people.. Then what, they play Night train right after that. makes no sence. They played the song right after the chant. i remember

I dont think so. I remember this and they just asked people to chant...the music wanst even finished when they asked the audience to chant so...

hmm... ?I think the first song was done, forget the name. ?But then they added the rant into it after, then called it get in the ring. ? Now the more I think of it, I cant remember him doing that rant ever. ?And it would seem kinda silly, to do the same rant all the time live, probably why it was never played live.

So, I agree then. ?This song was never played live.

BUT, what song did they play live after they got the crowd to chant... ? If I was in the crowd I would be all like what the fuck. ?You talk about this new song, get us to chant and beg for it, then we dont get to hear it. ? ?Fuck

i believe they played it's so easy after they had the crowd chant get in the ring so they could record it. i have the dvd i'll check it out later.

06.10.91 - Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY
opening act: Skid Row
set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Bad Obsession, It's So Easy, Dead Horse, Civil War, Welcome To The Jungle, 14 Years, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, My Michelle, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
encore 1: Live And Let Die, Estranged
encore 2: Yesterdays, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio, video
notes: Special guest performance by Sebastian Bach. Axl announces that it is a "very sad day" because Poison broke up that day. Rare performance of Dead Horse during the summer '91 leg of the UYI tour. Axl leads the crowd in a "Get In The Ring" chant that is recorded and used on the song. He also says that they finished recording the song the night before in Toronto.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »

Sorry i didnt want to start another thread for this as it probly wont take much time, but i have a question. does any1 know if gnr ever did i full reggae version of KOHD live, as a friend of mine has a strange idea that they did, but i hope not!?

thanks in advance.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2006, 03:18:55 PM »

I think people ar emissin the point on the chanting. Axl probabably asked the crowd to chant, so they could record the chanting to put on the album.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2006, 03:59:02 PM »

I wonder if Axl saying "all right that sucked" at the end of it had anything to do with them never playing it live....just a thought
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »

I think if ever that Guns N Roses should be adding this song to their current setlist. Ashba would be great playing Don't Damn Me. One of the great GNR tunes!!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

Who knows?  You'd have to ask the band members, and there may not be any real reason why it wasn't played.  They may just not have gotten around to adding it in.

Just to clarify some of the debating going on here (from 2006!!)...

-- "One in a Million" was played live on January 31, 1988.  I have the bootleg.
-- "Bad Apples" was played January 23, 1991, the second night in Rio.  I also have that show.
-- "Garden of Eden" was played live February 23, 1993 and several other times in '93 as well.
-- "Get in the Ring" was NOT played live; there was only the chanting from June 10, 1991 as someone else mentioned.
manu
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2012, 12:05:13 AM »

Shotgun Blues was played anytime?......

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »

Shotgun Blues hmmmm....yes, with Axl playing rhythm guitar, that'd be cool. It was him that recorded rhythm guitar on that song wasn't it? Don't think it has been played live. Breakdown is another tune they should bring back. I know someone will say we they're just looking forward to hearing the new music but there's still some amazing old songs that we haven't heard the old or new band playing and I for one would love to hear these tunes added to the setlist. Anyone that says its too difficult for the band to perform any of these songs live is out of their mind. The guys have proven that they can play anything live.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »

"Shotgun Blues" was never performed live by Guns N' Roses.

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »

Shotgun, GITR and Don't Damn Me tomorroe in Vegas then  beer

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2012, 05:01:01 AM »

songs never played live

Don't Damn Me

Get In The Ring
Shotgun Blues
My World

everything from the spaghetti incident exept attitude, down on the farm and the intro of since i dont have you.

Sympathy for the Devil

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »

Well, you could technically count Hair of the Dog as having been played, although it wasn't 'GNR' playing it.  But Axl, Slash and Duff played it together with Lars and Sebastian. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: