Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:44:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hit Parader's Top 100 CDs in Metal History
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hit Parader's Top 100 CDs in Metal History  (Read 3665 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005, 10:50:53 PM »

Saul you're right. I think UYI was played to the point of overkill even more than the Black album. I remember them doing videos for Illusions when Spaghetti had just been released.

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »

If nirvana were on my list I'd put them at, oh wait I cant count that high. rofl

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005, 11:24:37 PM »

Do people still even read Hit Parader?  Talk about a trashy rag.
RichardNixon
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2005, 11:45:59 PM »

A few years ago AFD was number one on the Hit Parader top 100, and Metallica was #2 or 3. And I think at one time KISS ALIVE was the #1 album. So it's basicly the same CDs, but it changes. It?s all kind of arbitrary, what?s the #1 album at any given time. On another note, I feel Metallica is wayyy overrated, but I can see why they?d pick the black album.  Good to see someone giving props to UYI. I wish SPIN and ROLLING STONE would follow suit.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 12:14:33 AM »

The reason legit mags ignore the UYI's is because they r 2 seperate albums that just happened to be released on the same day. It's nice that HP puts them together, but they're wrong. Technically, they have different titles so u have to judge them seperately. And seperately they have no business being anywhere near any alltime great lists.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 01:25:08 PM »

Here we go again. no Anything even resembling Rock N' Roll gets labeled as "Metal" once again. Hah. Lips Sealed

It's the same thing with the term "rock star," and how people like Eminem and 50 Cent are allowed to be deemed such, merely because they're famous, have money, and are allegedly "bad to the bone." I roll my eyes every time a list like this comes out. It's always subjective, and I wish they never did it. I wish the only lists that came out were objective ones, like the best-selling albums, or the albums most people own, or the albums that either made it or broke it for certain bands. I enjoy early Pearl Jam, but they're the furthest thing from metal. Why do these rags feel obligated to always mention these huge, classic bands in their especially non-vague titled lists (metal), when they are clearly the furthest thing from it. Korn is another one; a band who have said they'd like to distance themselves from the term/type of music. Another reason why I fail to see the point of these types of lists is because these albums are all massively popular and are usually in everyone's collection already. Why rank the albums when people are always going to be discontent with where their favorite album falls if it's not #1? It just gets so old. But these types of lists have been produced for years... decades... so it's not anything new, but it IS still a trend that I wish would cease.
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 07:59:14 PM »

Guys, don't wanna sound like a smart ass, but i already posted GNR making it in Hit Parader Top 100 a while back.   ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »

hyperion, I think I remember that. Maybe this is a new article or something.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 08:09:38 PM »

74.Queen,Queen

How did Queen make the list? They're not metal  confused

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 08:32:36 PM »

I know it's imposible for these mags to put every "rock n' roll" act in their proper genre, but it's always strange to see Pearl Jam come in higher than Pantera & Megadeath on a "metal" list. ?confused

also funny to see GN'R ranked so high up in a genre they don't belong in!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2005, 10:02:58 PM »

Guys, don't wanna sound like a smart ass, but i already posted GNR making it in Hit Parader Top 100 a while back.? ?ok

Sorry hyperionmax2003.? My bad.? Embarrassed

Here's the link to your thread: 
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=20935.msg357199#msg357199

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 09:14:22 PM »

this is about the 2nd worst "best ever" list ive ever sen. isnt HP a metal magazine? they droped a real turd with this one

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: